How Much Pot Odds Do You Need To Play Suited Connectors

Just for informecial reasons. I watched TV and played besides with my new plastic pokercards.And then I thought about the topic above and dealt 100 Flops to my Pocketcards 8h7h.In 25 of the Flops I found a reasonable hand to continue, that mens Two-Pair (NO ONE PAIR!!!), a flush draw or OESD, Trips, or a gutshot plus Pair or better things.So I calculated that this must be 3:1 Pot Odds.Maybe 100 Flops isnt like a bazillion flops, but I think the 3:1 rule is close to what I expected.From now on I will call it the Action-Falko-Rule :club:

On LATB Bart and Dave used to say that if you think you can win 15-20 times the amount your putting in preflop. As long as your in position then you should call with a suited connector. For example if your playing 1-2 and your opponent raises to 10 and you both have 200 behind and you think if you hit you can take his whole stack then you should call. There are some exceptions like if the opponents preflop raise doesnt mean he has a good hand since he raises with tons of hands then you should be LESS inclined to call since he normally wont have a big enough hand to pay you off with. Another exception is if your opponent is very good and is capable of laying down an overpair then you would need more implied odds to call. These rules are perfect but seem to work well as a general guideline. I think you should think more in terms of implied odds than in pot odds.

Very interesting point from you. So if a tight weak player raises from UTG (seems to have AA-QQ) I should be inclined to call lets say 10 if I think I can win 150-200 from him. Thats a good point. I didnt know before. CoolDoes this also apply to small pocket pairs as well?With the goal to hit a set? I heard that the Odds of hitting a set his 7:1.I saw a hand from Sam Farha on pokertube (is it ok to mention this webadress?) where a guy raises to $1,000 preflop at the WSOP, with Blinds $25-$50. He had a Kill Phil hat on. So it was obvious he had read the book. In this book they say to make it All-In with AA or KK Preflop or at least a very very big chunk of chips. So probably Sam thought the same as he saw his Pocket 3`s. What happened: He hit his Set and won all the chips from this guy.So is this the same rule for hitting a set as it is fore hitting sth with suited connectors?

So is this the same rule for hitting a set as it is fore hitting sth with suited connectors?
with a pocket pair you need to get back about 8 times what you put in preflop. however since you can win unimproved if you have position i'de call with as little as 6:1.

So Sammy was right to call this one, right?He had to put in $1,000 and needed to win $8,000 if he hits. And he won I think even more.Just One question: How do you calculate this."You need to win 8 times the amount you put in..."If I put in 10, do I have to win 70 or 80 additional more chips from someone.So he raises to 10 I call his 10. Do I have to win 70 more to make it 80. Or do Ihave to win 80 more from him (for a total of 90) ???

So Sammy was right to call this one, right?He had to put in $1,000 and needed to win $8,000 if he hits. And he won I think even more.Just One question: How do you calculate this."You need to win 8 times the amount you put in..."If I put in 10, do I have to win 70 or 80 additional more chips from someone.So he raises to 10 I call his 10. Do I have to win 70 more to make it 80. Or do Ihave to win 80 more from him (for a total of 90) ???
figure it like if you have to put in $10 preflop you need to win about $80 in the hand to break even (its actually a little less than that). its not just additional chips, the money thats already in the pot counts too.

yeah, the tough part is:- will it be raised behind me- will villain(s) pay me off post flop- will the board be too scry to get it all in even if I "hit"- will the flp or turn kill my action- can you take the pot away when you missother than that, we have covered it, you know, with simple pot odds consideration

So I calculated that this must be 3:1 Pot Odds.Maybe 100 Flops isnt like a bazillion flops, but I think the 3:1 rule is close to what I expected.From now on I will call it the Action-Falko-Rule :club:
It's worth noting that this is 3-1 odds to catch a playable flop, which is very much not 3-1 to win the hand. You can not hit your drawing hands, or lose to a bigger flush, two pair to trips etc.That just validates what the others have said. You want to be in a position to win 6-10 times what you have to put in preflop, because you're going to fold this hand before showdown 7-8 times out of 10. Virtually impossible in limit unless you can limp late after many limpers. In NL, as the others have pointed out, not only does your opponent have to have that many more chips back, but you have to be sure he'll put them in on a flop that hits you but not him.

I'd say it depends on the amount of people in the hand, position, and types of players. The more people in the hand, the worse the odds you need to call a pre-flop bet. Same with position - better the position, the worse the odds can be to make a call. It's hard to put a number on pre-flop odds of suited connectors. I play them by feel.

yeah, the tough part is:- what position will I be in post flop- will it be raised behind me- will villain(s) pay me off post flopother than that, we have covered it, you know, with simple pot odds consideration
hmmmm very interesting I would think the ones in the quotes are the only ones I would think you would need to worry about. Lets go with Bart and Daves average and say they need 20 times the bet amount to make sure you have enough pot odds to justify a call. I would think that the 20 already accounts for the fact that sometimes you are going to fold the best hand, or hit your hand and not get paid off. what do you think?

Play your implied odds too.not just your pot odds. Obv you shouldnt be playing 6,7s @ 1/2Nl with a raise of 20 heads up.but if its 1/2NL a raise to 8. 2 calls. and action is on you. take note of their stack sizes. also your stack size. factor in your implied odds. A special feature is knowing what types of hands these players might raise to 8, and are they the type to C-bet if they miss?with a decent stack, and decent position with "ok" pot odds, I'll factor in the implied odds, and more than likely make the call.sometimes depending on my image and the table, i'll even make a preflop raise from position to change gears, juicen a pot, make others aware I raised and could possibly have a good hand etc..

Play your implied odds too.not just your pot odds. Obv you shouldnt be playing 6,7s @ 1/2Nl with a raise of 20 heads up.but if its 1/2NL a raise to 8. 2 calls. and action is on you. take note of their stack sizes. also your stack size. factor in your implied odds. A special feature is knowing what types of hands these players might raise to 8, and are they the type to C-bet if they miss?with a decent stack, and decent position with "ok" pot odds, I'll factor in the implied odds, and more than likely make the call.sometimes depending on my image and the table, i'll even make a preflop raise from position to change gears, juicen a pot, make others aware I raised and could possibly have a good hand etc..
I agree, I'm not calling more than 5% of my stack usually on suited connectors. If I am calling, I want 2 + opponents, i.e. not playing it HU, and I'm always looking for position, i.e. not limping early position and calling a raise; but I will call a small raise in the cutoff or on the button. Another factor though, it depends where the raise is coming from. I really don't want to get squeezed with a hand like 67. If I know that no one else can raise it again, I'll most definitely make the call, if the stacks are deep enough.Another thought, consider playing suited connectors if the pot is unraised. if you are sitting in the cutoff or Hijack with suited connectors and no one has raised to you, but you have a limper or two in front of you, it may be worth shoving in a raise every now and again. It keeps your opponents on their toes, plus gives you position (most likely) folding the button behind you (unless you are the button), it builds a pot for you in case you hit, and if you miss and have been playing straight forward, it allows you to steal the pot post flop, if any non-scary board flops. Just something to think about.
are you laughing for the reason i think you're laughing?I'm also laughing right now. so it might be tha same reason lol
I concurFurthermore, are you laughing for the reason i think you're laughing?I'm also laughing right now. so it might be tha same reason lol
yeah, the tough part is:- will it be raised behind me- will villain(s) pay me off post flop- will the board be too scry to get it all in even if I "hit"- will the flp or turn kill my action- can you take the pot away when you missother than that, we have covered it, you know, with simple pot odds consideration
moreover, I agree with this guyetc...