Ok guys, I've been reading and lurking here for a few years, never really post much but enjoy reading other's comments. I played this hand a week ago at Foxwoods and, admittedly, knew I should have probably dumped it pre-flop. But the play is so bad there, and they increased the buy-in to 300, so its pretty easy to outplay people after the flop if you have some idea of how to play the game.Reads- MP1 ($400)- had played a few pots with him, made a continuation bet every time he raised pre-flop, and i had frozen him only a few hands earlier on a 949 board he bet the flop i called and he checked down with AKButton ($350)- straightforward player, decent stack, not getting too mixed up. plays a few hands then smokes a cigarette/walks around, etc. Me ($185) - probably had a loose image, but had shown down only good hands and the table saw me take a bad beat after getting it all in with QQ vs. KJ on 927 board...K on river MP1 - raises to 12 preflop (standard raise), Button calls, i call from BB with 9s5sflop 2s3s4d.......i check my open ender and flush draw, MP1 bets 25, Button raises to 75, i _____????????????Any comments are appreciated. I'll post results if people start discussing the hand. Thanks!

It seems to be either a fold or shove type of situation, right? I can't just call and leave myself with $110, but the buttons raise indicates that he's committed to whatever I have behind.

Regarding the preflop play, I think we need to have good absolute position to play suited garbage. I'm guessing your intent was to check-raise the PFR here, but now that the button has raised it doesn't look like you're going to win this pot uncontested. It's often a good idea to put pressure on bigger flush draws to buy all your flush outs. It's just not really likely that the PFR has a flush draw.

Board: 2s 3s 4dDead:  	equity 	win 	tie 		  pots won 	pots tied	Hand 0: 41.095%  38.57% 02.52% 			756552 		49443.17   { 9s5s }Hand 1: 40.270%  37.22% 03.05% 			730088 		59737.17   { JJ-99, 55-44, AsKs, AsQs, AsJs, AsTs, 65s, 65o }Hand 2: 18.635%  17.69% 00.94% 			347022 		18473.67   { TT+, AQs+, AQo+ }

I don't know what the hell to do here. On the one hand, we'd like to be all-in to negate our positional disadvantage. And we have enough outs that getting all-in against any of our opponents' hands is not a disaster.On the other hand, we're not going to push the out the player with 75 already in, so there's probably no value in knocking out the PFR. If we can drag him into this pot, it's probably a good thing. On the third hand, err, . . . on the one foot, it seems pretty weak to spend 6% of our stack to take a flop, flop a huge draw, and fold.

I'm well aware that my preflop call was a bit thin, to say the least. I like to play alot of pots, and usually do pretty well using that strategy. This hand escalated quickly, to borrow a phrase from Ron Burgundy. So i ended up shoving all in, original raiser jammed on top of me with AA, button folded and it came runner runner 4, 4, to give him 4's full and completely blank my draws.Worst part about it was that the MP1, after tanking on the decision to call my checkraise all in over 2 people, with a reraiser still to act behind him, ends up shoving his entire stack and says "i thought i had to hit a backdoor flush draw to win that pot" ouch.

I'm well aware that my preflop call was a bit thin, to say the least. I like to play alot of pots, and usually do pretty well using that strategy. This hand escalated quickly, to borrow a phrase from Ron Burgundy. So i ended up shoving all in, original raiser jammed on top of me with AA, button folded and it came runner runner 4, 4, to give him 4's full and completely blank my draws.Worst part about it was that the MP1, after tanking on the decision to call my checkraise all in over 2 people, with a reraiser still to act behind him, ends up shoving his entire stack and says "i thought i had to hit a backdoor flush draw to win that pot" ouch.
If your going to use the strategy of playing a lot of hands, make sure you're doing it from late position.As played, I'd shove flop.

I dont play that hand.its suited, but its garbage. its too far of connecting cards to do much, your perfect flop is 6,7,8, and even thats not the nuts.I wouldnt play 9,5 but as played, i think, if you can afford too gamble.. its shove time But remember. I guarantee that someone has at least 1 of your Ace outsIf you put MP1 on a big ace, AK or AQ, he is obv folding here, and you put button on maybe 10's.even if button calls, you are a slight fav to win, as long as all your outs are there.

Really calling pf (as discussed) with 9s5s is very optimistic. This is literally the best flop for you that you can reasonably expect. Folding here is ridiculous (what flop are we asking for? 6s7s8s?), calling is not an option imo. Shove shove shove. As it was you were like a coinflip v AA

Sometimes I think we get into this mode where someone says, "It's a raise or fold situation" and everyone nods and that's it. Why is it a raise or fold situation? I don't think this is all that awkward on the turn. We're getting 2.6 : 1. That looks like an easy call. Or we push the turn when a king falls or something.

Sometimes I think we get into this mode where someone says, "It's a raise or fold situation" and everyone nods and that's it. Why is it a raise or fold situation? I don't think this is all that awkward on the turn. We're getting 2.6 : 1. That looks like an easy call. Or we push the turn when a king falls or something.
I agree with this.
the only reason i say shove, is this:Not the FE, i dont think we have much FE here, maybe a little. But if we just smooth call the 75, even though we have decent odds at this point to call it, where are we on the turn?if a brick hits the turn do we invest our stack?I like the idea of investing on the flop, seeing the 2 next cards if we get calledhowever, I wouldnt be in this spot in the 1st place, so maybe i'm just loco
the only reason i say shove, is this:Not the FE, i dont think we have much FE here, maybe a little. But if we just smooth call the 75, even though we have decent odds at this point to call it, where are we on the turn?if a brick hits the turn do we invest our stack?
Yeah, we have to put our money in on a brick turn. That's the 2.6 : 1.