Newbie Improves His Game? (or Not... Lol)

I really know that this so much work to read through all the hands. But I really want to improve my game.Also I didnt want to fill all the forum with my questions so I thought I put in one, so that somebody with some time can read it through.Of course you can answer only one or two questions. I am very gratefull for any conversation. TYHand #1Could I be beat here? and is the turn call and river check ok?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $6.40UTG+1: $6.50CO: $4.50Button: $5.05SB: $1.75Daniel Negreanu: $8.15Pre-flop: (6 players) Daniel Negreanu is BB with J :club: 4 :heart: UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Daniel Negreanu checks.Flop: 4 :D 4 :club: K :D ($0.5, 5 players)SB checks, Daniel Negreanu checks, UTG+1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.Turn: Q :heart: ($0.5, 5 players)SB checks, Daniel Negreanu bets $0.1, UTG+1 raises to $0.3, 3 folds, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.9, UTG+1 raises to $1.5, Daniel Negreanu calls.River: 5 :heart: ($3.5, 2 players)Daniel Negreanu checks, UTG+1 bets $0.9, Daniel Negreanu calls.Results:Final pot: $5.3Hand #2Is this a good spot to c-bet against two-opponents AND can I call the river-bet getting over 5:1 pott odds.Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $3.15UTG+1: $5.70CO: $18.70Button: $5.80Daniel Negreanu: $9.90BB: $8.30Pre-flop: (6 players) Daniel Negreanu is SB with A :D K :heart: UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.6, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, CO calls.Flop: J :D 5 :heart: 3 :heart: ($2, 3 players)Daniel Negreanu bets $1.1, UTG folds, CO calls.Turn: 3 :club: ($4.2, 2 players)Daniel Negreanu checks, CO checks.River: 2 :club: ($4.2, 2 players)Daniel Negreanu checks, CO bets $1, Daniel Negreanu calls.Results:Final pot: $6.2Hand #3What do I do if the Button would have pushed me All-In on turn or river? What hands am I beating then?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.105 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $8.55CO: $2.20Button: $22.45SB: $5.95Daniel Negreanu: $9.15Pre-flop: (5 players) Daniel Negreanu is BB with J :club: A :heart: UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB raises to $0.3, Daniel Negreanu calls, CO calls, Button calls.Flop: A :club: 6 :) A :) ($1.2, 4 players)SB bets $1, Daniel Negreanu raises to $2, CO calls all-in $1.9, Button calls, SB folds.Turn: T :heart: ($8.1, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.9, Sidepot 1: $0.2)Daniel Negreanu checks, Button checks.River: Q :club: ($8.1, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $7.9, Sidepot 1: $0.2)Daniel Negreanu checks, Button bets $1, Daniel Negreanu calls.Results:Final pot: $10.1Hand #4I put him on draw and wanted to push him off the pott, if he would have checked the river. Is the flop raise too otimistic, any other comments???Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.105 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $5.55Daniel Negreanu: $10.15Button: $8.55SB: $2.80BB: $21.35Pre-flop: (5 players) Daniel Negreanu is CO with T :) K :icon_dance: UTG folds, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.4, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 9 :club: A :club: 2 :heart: ($1.2, 3 players)SB checks, BB bets $0.1, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.5, SB folds, BB calls.Turn: 5 :heart: ($2.2, 2 players)BB checks, Daniel Negreanu checks.River: 6 :icon_dance: ($2.2, 2 players)BB bets $0.5, Daniel Negreanu folds.Uncalled bets: $0.5 returned to BB.Results:Final pot: $2.2Hand #5Would you have checked the flop?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:Daniel Negreanu: $9.85UTG+1: $29.90CO: $3.90Button: $5.60SB: $30.15BB: $7.10Pre-flop: (6 players) Daniel Negreanu is UTG with 9 :icon_dance: 9 :heart:Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.4, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.Flop: 3 :club: J :heart: 5 :club: ($1.65, 4 players)BB checks, Daniel Negreanu bets $0.8, UTG+1 calls, CO raises to $1.6, BB calls, Daniel Negreanu folds, UTG+1 folds.Turn: 6 :club: ($6.45, 2 players)BB checks, CO is all-in $1.9, BB calls.River: 7 :club: ($10.25, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.25)Results:Final pot: $10.25Hand #6Opponent had me beat on Flop with Two-Pair (A5). Would it have been better to just call instead of raising the OESD. But I sensed some weakness and thought to buy the pot right know. Wrong???Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.105 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $10CO: $6.40Button: $2.05Daniel Negreanu: $10.10BB: $15.70Pre-flop: (5 players) Daniel Negreanu is SB with 8 :club: 7 :club:2 folds, Button calls, Daniel Negreanu calls, BB checks.Flop: 5 :icon_dance: A :heart: 6 :heart: ($0.3, 3 players)Daniel Negreanu checks, BB checks, Button bets $0.1, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.3, BB folds, Button calls.Turn: 9 :club: ($0.9, 2 players)Daniel Negreanu bets $0.8, Button raises all-in $1.65, Daniel Negreanu calls.River: 7 :icon_dance: ($4.2, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $4.2)Results:Final pot: $4.2Hand #71 Question. Just in case: What do you do if one opponents would have come over the top on flop? Lay it down, call or reraise???Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.105 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $9.95CO: $6.30Button: $5.50Daniel Negreanu: $12.40BB: $16.30Pre-flop: (5 players) Daniel Negreanu is SB with Q :heart: Q :club: UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, Daniel Negreanu raises to $0.5, BB folds, CO calls, Button calls.Flop: 6 :icon_dance: 9 :club: 5 :heart: ($1.6, 3 players)Daniel Negreanu bets $1.2, 2 folds.Uncalled bets: $1.2 returned to Daniel Negreanu. Results:Final pot: $1.6Hand #8Besides the bad play preflop, would you have bluff-raised this min-bet on the flop?Poker StarsNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.05/$0.106 playersConverterStack sizes:Daniel Negreanu: $13.60UTG+1: $15.85CO: $10.35Button: $6.10SB: $4.90BB: $10Pre-flop: (6 players) Daniel Negreanu is UTG with K :icon_dance: J :icon_dance: Daniel Negreanu calls, 2 folds, Button calls, SB raises to $0.5, BB folds, Daniel Negreanu calls, Button calls.Flop: A :heart: A :club: 6 :heart: ($1.6, 3 players)SB bets $0.2, Daniel Negreanu folds, Button folds.Uncalled bets: $0.2 returned to SB.Results:Final pot: $1.6Puh... :club:

To each his own, but personally, from my experiences, I'd recommend one post per hand, you'll find you get more focussed discussion on a particular play, rather than one short, quick response to each hand, like I'm going to do:1: I would lead the flop, because I lead lots of flops. The way the hand played out, I think you played the turn and river perfectly.2: I would have bet like $1.50 on the flop, not a big difference though. If you have a read on this person that he will loosely call flops and fold turns, I would consider betting the turn, as it didn't change anything. River call is fine, imo.3: Button could be on a flush draw, I would almost always bet the turn here. Hand plays differently after that. Also, please take minraising out of your game.4: I think if you're going to raise here, it should be a lot bigger, like closer to 3/4 of the pot, instead of less than half. The rest is fine, imo.5: This one's tough. If my LHE games, I bet this flop all day, but in NL that might be a mistake, with 3 opponents. I'll leave this one up for someone who has more NL experience than I.6: Results don't matter on this, it's a decent semi bluff attempt though. Again, I'll leave more comments for the experienced players.7: If you get raised on the flop, it kinda depends on reads, and villain's stack. If you think he's raising a draw, reraise him, if you think he'd only do it with a set, well...8: I would usually just fold there, you'd need a strong read that he'd lay down a pocket pair first, imo. I'd raise pf the first time, and would fold as played, pf to the raise.

I think it would be a good idea to post each hand separately, it's hard to give advice on 10 hands at once. So I'll post on a few that stuck out.Hand 1 - In an unraised pot I think you can throw out KK and QQ, so on the turn we are losing only to A4, K4 and Q4. This could easily be a guy with a worse 4 or a good K. I don't mind the call so much on the turn, but the river bet he makes is weak. I don't see him doing this with a boat.Hand 3- After he checks behnd of the turn I am betting the river. Since you don't bet the river you almost have to raise his river bet. He's betting $1 into an $8 pot, this just doesn't make sense if he has AK or a full house. I'm not saying you have to go crazy every time you have trips, but you seem to be giving up too much value with good hands.Hand 2- I fold the river, how often is he betting without a pair? If I call this bet I'm calling for information only, just so I can see what he has when he takes a line like this.Hand 4- If you put him on a draw follow through with it. You have to bet this turn or else you are constantly going to face river bets.Hand 7 - Against those two stacks I'm calling a push on this flop all day. The only way I could lay this down is if you bet, get raised by the 2nd then the 3rd guy pushes.

Hand 1 - First off, I lead this flop a lot of times. there's a flush draw, so you want to protect your hand. Plus people give you less credit so you're likely to get called down with a weaker hand that wouldn't have called your check raise (which i'm assuming is what you were going for). On the turn, bet more. No reason to min bet here. From there its fine. You have a strong hand, but you could easily be in trouble. Hand 2 - Good continuation bet IMO. You'll usually win the pot right there. On the river you're not ahead. The only two reasonable draws that call on the flop are 6-4 and 4-2, both of which just outdrew you. Still, getting that price I still might call just to get information about what my opponents are limping/calling with. You're not wrong to fold though, especially against a solid opponent. Hand 3 - I would raise a little more on the flop, just because I hate min raises, but that's just me. Raising is the correct play though IMO because you need to protect and define your hand. On the turn you need to bet again. On the turn the hands you are behind of are AK, AQ, A10, A6, 66, and 1010, you're ahead of all other aces (7 in total), you're tying another AJ, and you're obviously beating a flush draw. All of these hands could play the flop the same way the button played and you're beating more than you're behind. You need to protect your hand against the draws and put more money in the pot against the flush draw. Now, this obviously commits you to the hand, so I would just push. You will get called by hands you beat many times. At these stakes people can't lay down three aces. Yeah, you'll get stacked a good amount of the time, but I think its +EV overall. Hand 4 - I like the flop raise because donk bets need to be punished. People do this all the time with weak hands that they aren't sure are best so they min bet to see what you do. I raise these everytime I get the chance. Many times they will fold. I think you should have raised more though because the size of the pot was over 10x the donk bet. When you raised to .50 you essentially gave the sb over 3-1 to call and the bb over 4-1. They can correctly call there with any reasonable draw, which in this case is a flush draw. So you need to raise more, to something like 1.1-1.5, to define their hand more. From there it is read dependent. Will this person lay down an ace? If so then putting in another bet on the turn makes sense. If you're going to do it though do it on the turn, not the river. You represented a big ace on the flop, keep up the aggression with a bet on the turn. Hand 5 - Yes, I would bet this flop a lot of the time (not everytime though), and I would generally bet a little more, like 2/3 to 3/4 of the pot. Think about how you'd bet with AJ or an overpair on the flop and bet like that. That will define their hands more and it will be easier to play. Obviously once you're raised you fold. Hand 6 - I don't mind playing draws aggressively, but the problem you run into is if you miss on the turn are you going to lead at the pot. Playing OOP with the draw is very difficult, so if you play it like this make sure you have a plan on what to do if you miss the turn, and the river, if you get there. Many times if I have a draw like this and I think my opponent is weak I will call and then lead the turn. But that depends on the opponent and the situation. On the turn its fairly standard. Hand 7 - I'd raise a little more preflop, but that wouldn't make a huge difference. On the flop, with a flop that draw heavy you're going to lose a lot if your opponents get crazy. It depends on the villian though, are they the type who only raises with made hands? If so then you can lose the minimum, or get away from it in some cases. If they raise with draws then I'm going broke, especially against two smaller stacks. Hand 8 - No, I'd probably just dump it and move to the next hand.

1) I start betting on the flop. We want to charge the flush draw the maximum. Also, the guy only has 60 BB blinds behind so I look to get the money all in. If he has us beat its a cooler life goes on.2) This is really a borderline c-bet. It really depends on the players that called the raise. My guess is that at these stakes, we don't want to be c-bet here to often as we are going to get called far to often. If we were on the button I would probably c-bet more often. Calling the river I would guess is neutral to slightly +EV no problems there.3) I look to get this all-in. Screw him pushing you should be pushing. He calls with many weaker aces and other random hands.4) I tend to disagree with the others on this one. Even if you put him on a draw chances are you won't push him off it at these stakes is minimal. Besides there are bazillions of better spots in these games. No need to do anything crazy. At say 50 or 100NL I would like the raise. If you insist on raising at least make it a real raise. You're raise still gives him over 3:1 on his money. I am not laying any draws down for that.5) Well played. Continuation bet there is fine . Good fold.6) The problem here is your oppenents stack. He is really short and therefore semi-bluffing has far less value as we push him off fewer marginal hands. Against a deeper stack I make this move all day. Here I just call.7) I look to get it in with one out of the 2 at these stakes. We are way ahead to much of the time. The only time I lay it down is if on moves in and the other calls for a large stack.8) No need to compound mistakes. Fold and move on. And raise that chiznac preflop.