How To Play A Major Draw In Position

Blinds are now $0.05/$0.10SB - $3.44BB - $7.13UTG - $27.98UTG + 1 - $6.57MP1 - $9.43Hero - $9.20MP3 - $2.25CO - $25.35Button - $16.46Hero has A :club: T :D3 foldHero calls $0.104 foldBB checksPot = $0.25Flop is J :D Q :D K :spade:BB bets $0.30Hero calls $0.30Pot = $0.85Turn is 8 :club:gaengabor bets $0.40shrimp4789 calls $0.40Pot = $1.65River is 7 :club:SB bets $0.30Hero.....raises?Looks like he was trying to bluff the entire way and just donated me some money on the river. I cannot see why I would ever raise this hand seeing as how I have the nuts, with 2 redraws to the mortal nuts. Whats your raise on the river here?

Hero has A :club: T :DFlop is J :D Q :D K :spade:Looks like he was trying to bluff the entire way and just donated me some money on the river. I cannot see why I would ever raise this hand seeing as how I have the nuts, with 2 redraws to the mortal nuts. Whats your raise on the river here?
Far from the nuts my friend.
I cannot see why I would ever raise this hand seeing as how I have the nuts, with 2 redraws to the mortal nuts.
You need to figure out a way to get a sh1t load of money in this pot. I'd probably raise the flop, cause I would raise it with air normally. If you're not raising the flop you definitely have to raise the turn.
You need to figure out a way to get a sh1t load of money in this pot. I'd probably raise the flop, cause I would raise it with air normally. If you're not raising the flop you definitely have to raise the turn.
Agreed. Why wait until the river to raise this. I can understand calling the flop bet to encourage another bet on the turn, but not raising the turn is just silly. Bump it to a dollar.
yes my mistake in wording......I have a very strong hand with major redraws to the nuts, but dont have the nuts on the flop.
I would be raising big here as well, but if he keeps coming at you, at some point you have to worry about the flush. I've found especially in lower limit games a lot of guys love those suited connectors and gapped connectors. Just saying, there is a big range of hands that have you beat.
I would be raising big here as well, but if he keeps coming at you, at some point you have to worry about the flush. I've found especially in lower limit games a lot of guys love those suited connectors and gapped connectors. Just saying, there is a big range of hands that have you beat.
very true, tbh i never actually thought of him having the flush and agree should have raised turn......

Now I'm def. not saying to fold to a bet, just sometimes a nice feeler raise is nice. If he comes over top of you, you can make a decision then. I would just be careful on the river is all.

yeah I know what your saying, his betting patterns are basically saying i have the str8 flush and am trying to squeeze the most i have out of you, or im drawing and giving you my money.......bigger betting would have said other wise......i would think

At these stakes, it's hard to read a lot into bet sizing for the sole reason that most players just don't know how to properly bet.Here's the thing. You want to be raising the flop here. Unless he has flopped a flush, you have the nuts. He can't be drawing to a flush, becuase you have the Ace of spades (this is a technicality because he can be "drawing" to the flush, but he's not drawing live). The only hand that he can draw out on you with is 2 pair or a set. If he has that hand, he's way behind anyway and you should be charging him to draw to his full house.You should always be taking control of hands like this one. You have position and what is likely the best hand and definitely the best draw if you're behind, so you should be raising on the flop and betting on the turn. Once you have missed your flush on the river, it makes little sense to be raising now as there's probably not much value left in the hand.

yeah i suppose this goes back to what you said the other day with at these limits, when I have a good strong hand, just bet it out otherwise people might be able to draw out on you......

I would be ramming and jamming this flop. I want to get in as much as the money here as possible.A spade could really kill your action from hands like a set or 2 pair or even AK and any other hand we crush. If he flopped a flush and lead out with it so be it; life goes on.

Also, did you open limp this from the button?
No, he was in middle position. Still, I think he should have raised.

yes I agree, and normally would have raised, however I had raised about 6 or 7 straight hands previous, and wanted to limp with a half decent hand to throw off the strength of it

I misread the HH, lol.Still, I would raise, even if you have been raising a lot, but I understand how that makes you feel like someone is more likely to make a move on you.

You are essentially treating this hand as a 'monster draw' when it isnt. you have 9 outs to a flush, but you already have a made straight, you CAN win this UI. put in a raise somewhere before the river please. if he has air, thats a shame, you lose (maybe) another bullet that he fires on the turn. but if he has a decent hand, you will get more money out of him by raising, than you lose the 1 in 10 times he has nothing

not a "monster draw" but def a major one. you have 9 outs to the flush, and 1 out to the best possible hand in poker, whilst having a straight, whilst possibly having villian drawing dead if he is drawing to a flush..........so yeah, but i agree should have raised before river

exactly, its a made hand. a very strong made hand, and if he fluked a flopped flush well, you have a redraw. pity he didnt have KK and the turn was T :club: