The fact is, these people "are what they are". It may not be fair, but it's reality nevertheless.To think that we expect these morons to be able to shepherd their own freedom without any firm-handed oversight is just delusional.
Wow. I'm not sure how you go about joining the KKK, but you should you join. Seems right up your alley.Do you beleive they are genetically inferior (like a different species) or was it environment?
  • Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand some of what you say. But it is not fair to say the USA should not get involved with other countries, then quote the EU, which very much does get involved with other countries, and tries to do whatever is best for the EU. Take the Air Bus fiasco. The multi national attempt to usurp Boeing as the big plane maker is and has been a mess, with millions of euros going down the drain. All in an atempt to have a local company take over the marketshare from the USA. Was there a need to have a new plane? No there was a desire to have a new plane. Yet they have reached out of their borders to impact a commercial enterpirse.Now take oil, we, England, and France all have big connections in the oil business, we want to all have the cheapest oil for our countries. but regardless, we all recognize that the price of oil will affect every country in the world. Some more than others. This impact will also reach into every aspect of our ives, from food to cars to computers in that the cost of building and shipping will be increased. Inflation of this kind is very very hard to stop, better not to allow it to start. So we have the middle east mess.Now who can stabalize the region? the UN..not ever shown much of a positive track record.the EU? not a military organization.The arab league? Israel?Iran? Who is suppose to handle when a dictator ignores the world's idea of human rights and is in posession of enough oil to destabalize the world's economy.If they didn't have oil, we wouldn't be in there. If oil wasn't the life blood of the world's economy, then we wouldn't be in there.But they do and it is. So we have to be in there.When the Russians were killing Chezniens, we talked big, but left our troops out. When the Rwandains were butchering each other, we talked but kept out, Dufar, all talk, no troops. Long lst of similar countries doing things distasteful for all civilized people.So we are doing what you want, not forcing others how to live/act, unless it affect every single countries economy. What else can we do?
Well what I mainly meant was military intervention. I have absolutely no problem with diplomatic intervention and embargos has a place too. And your Airbus example, in my mind, is not similar in any way. I won't compare military actions with business actions. The countries behind Airbus probably felt that Boeing had a market share that was too big and that competition was needed. Considering you love free market that shouldn't be an issue with you, it's just how capitalism is supposed to work.And the only middle east mess that existed before Iraq was Israel, which is just a tiny part of the middle east. That problem hardly affected the supply of oil.Who should stabilize? Well if there is any it should be the UN. The problem with the UN is the security council that is highly ineffective, throwing vetos left and right.Now if it really was because of oil, why didn't Bush say that was the main reason when they invaded? Why lie about it, it seems so juvenile? And still, if it was because of oil the legitimacy of the invasions is not, in my mind, even close to justified. What right do you have to invade a sovereign country? I can find NO single justification for it whatsoever. I wasn't very vocal against the war in 2002, I felt removing Saddam was somewhat, not completely, but almost justified. Oil on the other hand, that is frankly non of your business. What the real reasons where we will probably never find out. I really hope Bush and the people he surrounds himself with were just incompetent.
You know you ruined a good joke there Z...ruined it.
Well I wasn't laughing, sorry. On the other hand, I'm having a hard time understanding where all this over the top love for your troops come from. I'd actually want to be enlightened. Not that Sweden has had many foreign troops but we do have special forces in Afghanistan and we used to have in Kongo. We've also had troops in former Yugoslavia as a part of the Nato forces. Not close to American standards but still significant. I don't feel as strongly for our troops as you seem to. How come?
On the other hand, I'm having a hard time understanding where all this over the top love for your troops come from. I'd actually want to be enlightened. Not that Sweden has had many foreign troops but we do have special forces in Afghanistan and we used to have in Kongo. We've also had troops in former Yugoslavia as a part of the Nato forces. Not close to American standards but still significant. I don't feel as strongly for our troops as you seem to. How come?
He called the troops 'sheep'. Incredibly disrespectful and condescending, and I feel it was entirely inappropriate to be so insulting to the people risking their lives to protect me, my husband and our daughter. That is how come....
Wow. I'm not sure how you go about joining the KKK, but you should you join. Seems right up your alley.Do you beleive they are genetically inferior (like a different species) or was it environment?
I just can't bring myself to seriously reply to stupid posts that have associative catch-phrases in them.KKK, Ignorant, redneck, "muuuuh you must live in a trailer park and **** your sister because yer RACIST!"**** like that...Being genetically inferior doesn't necessarily equate to being in an entirely different species.For example, you wouldn't run the Belmont Stakes with a draft horse. This doesn't mean that the draft horse is a different species, it just means that its genetic makeup doesn't produce an animal that is suitable for speed racing. I really don't think the Iraqis are "genetically inferior"- quite the opposite. I think they're the epitome of wasted potential- a people who shone the brightest during the early ears of human civilization, yet were stymied and ultimately socially retarded by the infection of Islam (You know... Islam... "The religion of peace")Churchill said it best.
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men. Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Frankly, I couldn't care less what got them there. Blame society, big oil, "their environment"- whatever it is, they are what they are and should be dealt with as they are, rather than dealing with them as predicated on some stupid delusion of how we wish they were.
“How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property - either as a child, a wife, or a concubine - must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities. Thousands become the brave and loyal soldiers of the Queen: all know how to die. But the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytising faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science - the science against which it had vainly struggled - the civilisation of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilisation of ancient Rome.
Easily the most succinctly profound summary essay on this topic I have ever read....and it must have been written 50+ years ago.What an incredible mind, Churchill.

I am of the military. I am a Gulf War vet, I am a Panama vet, I am 42 years old and I wasn't suckered in by anyone. I was enlisted and not an officer, yet before my 21st birthday I was an nco. Talk some punk @$$ BS and then tell me it is your right because someone you knew or someone you are related to was in the military. Every goldamn day there are troops younger and more mature than you punks going out and doing a job that you couldn't, defending your sorry @$$ and laying their life on the line to rid the world of terrorist scum. "Support the Troops'? We'll isn't that mighty generous of you? Sorry it's such an inconvenience. Maybe next time we have a war itwon't be so hard on you. Sorry you had to go through this. Those "simple" young men over there should be more considerate toward your feelings.

He called the troops 'sheep'. Incredibly disrespectful and condescending, and I feel it was entirely inappropriate to be so insulting to the people risking their lives to protect me, my husband and our daughter. That is how come....
"Only 40 percent of Marines and 55 percent of U.S. Army soldiers deployed inIraq say they would report a fellow serviceman for killing or injuring an innocent Iraqi, aPentagon report released on Friday shows.""...well over one-third of soldiers and Marines believe torture should be allowed to elicit information that could save the lives of American troops or gain knowledge about Iraqi insurgents.""Overall, about 10 percent of the 1,320 soldiers and 447 Marines covered in the survey said they had mistreated civilians, either through physical violence or damage to their personal property."nice guys..."The report, the fourth prepared by the Army's Mental Health Advisory Team since the war in Iraq began in 2003, showed that mental health problems such as acute stress, anxiety and depression rose among troops facing longer deployments or their second or third tour in Iraq.""Overall, about 20 percent of Army soldiers and 15 percent of Marines showed mental health symptoms of either anxiety, depression or acute stress. The rate was at 30 percent among troops with high combat experience.Among Army soldiers, 27 percent of those with more than one tour of duty tested positive for a mental health problem, versus 17 percent for soldiers on their first deployment."So support them, right? what does your prez do?:"...could expect to spend 12 months at home between deployments."when:"Army experts recommended that the Pentagon extend the interval between deployments to 18 to 36 months so that troops could recover mentally."u idiots should really examine who is NOT supporting your troops.http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070504/ts_nm/...sa_civilians_dc
u idiots should really examine who is NOT supporting your troops.
We are.That would be you.Everything you posted there shows what little you know of this stuff.War is a ************. Period. It causes fighting men to become insular and tribal. It causes them to suffer greatly.They see things that we all pray we never have to see. They do things that we all pray we never have to do. You hold them liable to a social standard that just doesn't exist within their realm; a realm that is a necessary evil in this cold world we live in.This stuff causes an anguish in their hearts, and at times, yes, it can break them. They're human too. You can be against the war all you want. ****, I'll march in that parade with you.But the moment you start to lambaste the fighting men who are over there doing the work, you become a first class piece of ****.Doing so isn't "cool". It doesn't make you "open minded" nor does it show you to be "free thinking".Quite to the contrary, it shows that you are a very sheltered person with limited experiences in the ways of the world. You recklessly draw incorrect conclusions about people who are in very unfriendly places based on the knowledge you gleaned in the theoretical safety of high school or college..I don't even know why I bother to reply to people like you. You're so ****ing beyond braindead that it's usually a waste of time. If you can't distinguish between disdain for the war and the men who are there valiantly and dutifully fighting, then you're just a moron and a ******.

Zeatrix,Jan said it best, but our troops are doing what they are ordered to do, and doing it in hero like fashion. You want to argue the war is wrong, fine, free country. But when you degrade a service man or women while you sit in your home, you deserve nothing but disdain. I'm sure many people have reason for hating this war, but when a person is there, getting shot at and doing there best they deserve if nothing else, our quiet respect.All-loser-In is a punk little boy who's mouth will get him his just rewards, of that I have no doubt. If we were in the same room, then it would have been my lucky priviledge to teach him that respect.You want to mock Bush, congress, our political decisions, then I for one am all for the debate, but there is a line, All-loser-in crossed it.I bet you can search all my posts, and I never got that upset before, had some time to think about it and I feel a little bad that I was so easy on All-loser-In, but others have continued the verbal thrashing.And regarding Freddie Mercury, York made an offhand joke, I returned it, he responded very well I thought, it was not a homosexual slam, it was a drugs and homosexual slam on an over the top rock star that abused both, and paid the price. In regards to the oil, the American people are a loving people that want to help whenever we can, but it is not very easy to say, We need to send our troops in to protect the world's economy because the long term affects will hurt us too. They were still reeling from being attacked on 9-11, and saddam had for years flaunted his disregard for stability, shooting at our planes, and verbally admitting he wanted to get hold of WMDs, this what a world wide known fact. That's why you only heard the "we don't think there are any WMDs"l months after we didn't find any. Remeber the UN had people looking for them before the war, and they got kicked out. Why don't you think the UN was lying if they were upset about not being allowed to search for them?Airbus...okay bad example. I just like Boeing.

To agree/disagree with the war...that is fine.to keep an eye on the majors/generals/armies/presidents/prime ministers.....that is fine (especially given original content of DN blog/this thread).But to insult and demean our men and women soldiers is uncalled for, immature and self-righteous.edit: BG my husband isnt a soldier and my daughter is 3 ....oops for any confusion there.edit again: also, Zeatrix, to further illuminate: we were attacked and we are at war, this tends to increase our feeling for our troops. And I'm a liberal! lol

Here's health to you and to our CoresWhich we are proud to serve;In many a strife we've fought for lifeAnd never lost our nerve.If the Army and the NavyEver look on Heaven's scenes,They will find the streets are guardedBy United States Marines. This song is pretty damn old (125 years or so) so i guess you could say we were raised this way...and it has worked so far.Like it or hate it which ever you prefer...just stay out of the way.
FYPALL IN well done, hope we never meet, how dare you mock the service men/women. I can't add anymore other that what Balloon said. Sure hope you have the ballz to spout that bs to a veteran face to face, nice knowing ya!
All-loser-In is a punk little boy who's mouth will get him his just rewards, of that I have no doubt. If we were in the same room, then it would have been my lucky priviledge to teach him that respect.
do u americans know anything other than force and violence?ok, i shouldn't lump all soldiers together...how's more than half of them??"Only 47 percent of the soldiers and 38 percent of Marines said noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect."http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070505/ap_on_...tlefield_ethics
do u americans know anything other than force and violence?ok, i shouldn't lump all soldiers together...how's more than half of them??"Only 47 percent of the soldiers and 38 percent of Marines said noncombatants should be treated with dignity and respect."http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070505/ap_on_...tlefield_ethics
Must be past your bed time little boy. Better turn off the computer before your mommy calls whatever man is daddy tonight to spank you.
Must be past your bed time little boy. Better turn off the computer before your mommy calls whatever man is daddy tonight to spank you.
brilliant. did u think of that all by yourself?care to comment on how most of your soldiers (from the stat) think of the people they are supposedly liberating and making a better place for?
that makes perfect sense since 50 percent and 40 percent were probably interviewed.War is hell, personally never served....but i'm pretty sure worrying about someone else trying to kill ya 24/7 would re-shape your thinking patterns.
that makes perfect sense since 50 percent and 40 percent were probably interviewed.War is hell, personally never served....but i'm pretty sure worrying about someone else trying to kill ya 24/7 would re-shape your thinking patterns.
1700 were interviewed, and you know they made sure that they were a very good cross section of every soldier serving there.But it gives losers something to point at. Working real well it appears
FYPALL IN well done, hope we never meet, how dare you mock the service men/women. I can't add anymore other that what Balloon said. Sure hope you have the ballz to spout that bs to a veteran face to face, nice knowing ya!
who's mocking veterans? ohh, the american public and it's gov.sure u can say 'support our troops!' till u r red in the face. but backing that up? almost NEVER>do u realize the difficulties, mental problems, money problems, family problems, drug problems, etc that a lot of vets face? how your country uses soldiers, then once they have served their purpose, are discarded to the fringe of society? not all, but a large number of them.your gov cuts benefits, leave time, pensions for vets and the american public couldn't care less. if they did, something would have been done by now.your gov has EXTENDED tours, just the latest crap thrown on soldiers. and u wonder why i question why anyone would volunteer for treatment like that.
first off, u should probably edit your beginning. r u really that simple-minded and blind?they are supposedly TRAINED for those situations, yet they crack, and take it out on civilians. very honourable.
who's mocking veterans? ohh, the american public and it's gov.sure u can say 'support our troops!' till u r red in the face. but backing that up? almost NEVER>do u realize the difficulties, mental problems, money problems, family problems, drug problems, etc that a lot of vets face? how your country uses soldiers, then once they have served their purpose, are discarded to the fringe of society? not all, but a large number of them.your gov cuts benefits, leave time, pensions for vets and the American public couldn't care less. if they did, something would have been done by now.your gov has EXTENDED tours, just the latest crap thrown on soldiers. and u wonder why i question why anyone would volunteer for treatment like that.
What a pathetic dodge...You start off making gestures to insult servicemen and women, but then when you're called on it, you spin it around to say "WELL, YOU AREN'T DOING ENOUGH FOR THEM!"Typical leftist dialog 101.Say something stupid, offensive and wrong, then when you're called down about it, furiously rationalize and distract from it. Make it someone else's problem. Insult servicemen, but then talk about how servicemen aren't receiving adequate social support.Debating a leftist is totally pointless. They stand for very little, yet when when they're forced to support their beliefs with some sort of prevailing philosophy, they immediately default to blame mode and start running the dialog in circles, so as to prevent it from progressing towards that oh-so-painful truth. You people are so pathetic, there just aren't words to express it; the quintessential confluence of indignity and stupidity. The world benefits none by the presence of you and your ilk.

All In....seriously...wtf? Let me ask you something...Have you ever served for your Country, whether in war time or peace time? Ever felt it in your heart an inherent need to sacrifice several years of your own life, to put all your personal goals and dreams on hold to serve (and possibly protect) your country and way of life? To serve, as a way to pay back a little the fact that you live in such a great place with so much opportunity and feel so fortunate and so lucky that you'd have no problem putting your own life on the line if need be to keep your way of life and protect all of those you love?For the record I'll tell you that I proudly served my 4 years. Not that anyone needs (or cares) to hear it, but my time started on the tail end of the Iran Hostage crisis and my base was front and center for airlift and transport operations being planned that would have put me in over there and eventually would have ended that situation. Thank God it wasn't necessary and I was spared that risk. But then came Grenada and the Soviet build up there. (btw, don't let anyone fool you...I was sent down there, and the last thing that mission was about was to rescue college students). I have also been involved in a few other South American deployments (no need to discuss details) and once again things went well and we all came back safe. I tell you this only because it is important that you believe that I know what I am talking about and that my feelings about all this is genuine. I have to a certain degree already walked this walk. And (thank God) I have not been involved in anything near what the current men and women of the US armed forces are going through, but they have my undying support and utmost respect. Right or Wrong, those folks are over there risking everything. But I don't expect you to be able to feel what I feel, or what it must be like to respect other people who serve, because it is my contention that you have never done anything for your country but sit back and suck on it's hind tit, giving nothing back in return.As I've said before, no one likes this war. ALL wish and hope it will end soon. But you are walking a very thin line here mocking and disrespecting the men and women that are literally in the firing line.So I ask again, have you ever done something as selfless as serve your country? I don't hold things against many people, and really try hard to keep an open mind and get along with everybody. But you have definitely crossed a personal line with me by disrespecting the men and women of our armed forces. Shame on you dude. :club:

So it looks like a lot of you ran out of people to argue and fight with and you want to do it here online?You're not going to make a point with someone who disagrees with you in this thread.Let it go and let's stay on the same side of the argument, even though we may disagree over some of the issues.

I understand the history behind it, hundreds of years ago nation wide elections in the states were not possible, but why in the world do you still use these systems, what are the positive sides, heck the electorates don't even have to vote as the state voted, what's that about?For the same reason they don't use metric (I'll leave that to you to figure out).

Even the countries that aren’t taking part in it are aware of the fact the area needs to be stabilizedWell, Iraq was pretty stable under Saddam. They were producing a ****-load of oil for the world until UN sanctions kicked in after the 1st gulf war.It would have been better for the world to say - "We'll give you a mulligan on Kuwait, Mr. Hussein. Just don't do it again."

Who is suppose to handle when a dictator ignores the world's idea of human rights and is in posession of enough oil to destabalize the world's economy.Are you talking about Saudia Arabia? When does that invasion start?