leaving for vegas shortly....

I'm sure that Daniel will give you some great advice when you get there. I have no idea what kind of a player you are. So, I'll throw out some general stuff. One of the replies was not to let the big guns push you around. I agree with that to a certain extent. They try and target what they consider to be "weaker" players. Often times a good pro, will try and make a move on you. You should decide before you go, what your goal is in the tournament. To gain experience, to cash out, to win it. They are all very different, and should determine how you play to some degree. If you are afraid of being outplayed post flop, don't be afraid to move in when the time is right. In a tournament, if I feel that I'm against weaker competition, I will try and grind them down, as opposed to playing a big pot, or a coin toss. If I believe that I am out classed, I will initiate the action, so that I don't have to make the decision. Good Luck.

Thanks everyone.Steve7Stud... Good points, thanks. Well it's morning now... I wish I had a book for the flight, I meant to pick up Inside the Poker mind, cause I was reading a lil when I was at Borders and it was pretty interesting, oh well. Maybe O'Hare has a bookstore, they have everything at that freakin airport. :club:

Any last advice or words of wisdom?   :club:
For the LOVE OF GOD, man ... HAVE FUN! Enjoy every minute. Take in the sights, sounds and smells. Relish the adrenalin rush the first time you say "RERAISE!". Enjoy it all and good luck!

Hey guys... I'm leaving in a minute... but bubbad is planning on coming to the event at some point, he has my number if anyone else in vegas wanted to stop by, just get it from him or try and find me if you show up.I'll try to check in before too long.Later

Thanks everyone.Steve7Stud... Good points, thanks.  Well it's morning now... I wish I had a book for the flight, I meant to pick up Inside the Poker mind, cause I was reading a lil when I was at Borders and it was pretty interesting, oh well.  Maybe O'Hare has a bookstore, they have everything at that freakin airport.  :D
yeah and it only costs twice as much :club: good luck, drink lots of water, no alcohol, no strippers, don't get in a hurry, study the hell out of the pros and give us an analysis ( I want tells lol) play your best and win this thing damnit!p.s. maybe you should pick up play poker like the pros I hear he has like ten hands in there that magically make you win tourneys lol!