-106.75 bb swing in 1500 hands

Over the span of two days, i've downswung and devistrated my BR. I moved to 1/2 with 650 or so, and now I'm limping away with a little over 400. My VP$IP is 18% like always. Won $ WSF is 26%. Went to showdown is 28%, Won at SD is 41%. Preflop raise is 7%.I don't know what to do, I feel so fustrated at this. I crush .5/1 for usual 100 BB's over 2000 hand sessions, but as soon as I touch 1/2 I can't do anythingI'm seriously fustrated and don't know what to do. I was having a winning session today until a string of horrible beats took away what little profit I made back and put me over -100 BB swing. My BR is 400 so I have plenty to .5/1 again.. but going back down there and pushing it up again is so ****ing fustratig. I keep telling myself its a cold deck, people are just catching on me the past few days.Should I go back down to .5/1 for a full session (2000 hands) and then with that expected 50 dollar profit or so, come back up to 1/2 and swing at it again?I don't know what to do. God, I'm so pissed.

I had the exact same problem, I was beating .5/1 for 4.xx BB/100 over about 3-4000 hands, moved up to 1/2 and lost alot, I just moved back down to .5/1, continued to rebuild, read more strategy, and right now over the past week im back at 1/2 doing ALOT better this time, not a big enough sample to tell yet, but i've gone up steadily for a short while now

Take two days away from the gameThen go back, crush the .5/1 game again, and then try again :club:
Dont take time off, you dont need it, just dont tilt.... and play as many hands as possible, when you're ready, move back up

The damnest thing about it is I HAVE been taking time away and playing less hands to avoid burnout.I took a day and did nothin but tournaments- lost 50 some but had a ton of fun- that was Tuesday.Sunday I went and I did a day of nothing but pot limit omaha. Last night I got drunk after losing 60bb's and watched movies.Wednesday night, I think it was, I only got a couple 100 hands in because I want to a driving range.What truly drives me nuts is this isn't the first time its happened. I've taken huge losses at 1/2 on pacific, and here on party I've lost at least another 70bb's on a previous attempt at 1/2.It seems to consistantly own me.

Post hands.100BB downswings happen because of bad lcuk.They also happen because of leaks and tilting.Can't tell which if you don't post hands.  Lots of them.
I feel bad posting hands because most of the time I know better- and I don't want to post bad beats because, frankly, no one wants to hear. But i'll skim over and post one up. Maybe it'll help me feel better and find a leak.

I feel bad posting hands because most of the time I know betterThis should give you some insight into the downswing.You need to decide between ego and winning money and pick one that's more important.

I feel bad posting hands because most of the time I know betterThis should give you some insight into the downswing.You need to decide between ego and winning money and pick one that's more important.
What I met was I usually know what I do wron. Something happens that I don't *DO* what I should always at the table. Its small errors, I think, but I really know better.

Its small errors, I think, but I really know better.Knowing better's not real useful if you continue to make the same mistakes. At least posting them you get negative reinforvement from people yelling at you!

Well they're posted in all their glory, two AQ hands.I, specifically, don't know when shouldn't be calling people down or when I should- if anyone can explain it in idiot to me.for now, I'm going to get drunk and figure ut what to do tomorrow. Concenus seems to be go back to .5/1. It sooks.

just try not to tilt when you play, playing more hands will fix the variance most of the time, but shit happens, 100 big bets for a downswing is nothing. I'll drop 50 big bets in a few hours sometimes, it happens. Theres a reason for a bankroll and it's too sustain the swings of the game.

smash, that's an excellent point--we've all been guilty of holding onto a hand we know isn't the winner, just because it was ahead preflop and "should" have won. never really looked at it that way...kudos.
Well they're posted in all their glory, two AQ hands.I, specifically, don't know when  shouldn't be calling people down or when I should- if anyone can explain it in idiot to me.for now, I'm going to get drunk and figure ut what to do tomorrow. Concenus seems to be go back to .5/1. It sooks.
If you never have any idea where you are at during a hand, then you are going to always have trouble. A lot of your post flop decisions should be based on pot odds and what not, but when the turn hits a lot of times you are going to have to make subjective decisions based on your opponents. There is no exact formula for turn and river decisions. Im sorry thats not very helpful, but you arent ever going to get a simple answer to a poker question...not unless its bad advice. Experience will help. As will taking notes on people you play against. Good luck

I know how you feel man.. I raised $150 to $500 playing .50/1 for like 1 month and a half or so.. when I got to 500 I decided to take a shot at the $25NL table so that I could jump up to 600 quicker and play 1/2. I got lucky and pushed my bankroll up to $900 that same day.. still, I left the table and the next day I started playing 1/2 and quickly went down to $800 .. played some NL went up to 1,000 played 1-2 went back down to 900, then I played more NL and went down to 600.."o well" I thought. "I guess Ill have to play 1/2 limit longer than expected.." ..I've played 2000 hands and I am already down to $470 Im pretty sure this is not variance, for me at least. Other than the huge spill I took from inproper Bankroll management. I think the money ive lost playing Limit is because I got a huge leak in my game ever since I started playing all those hands Sklansky recommends...working hard to fix it though, and hopefully by summer Ill be hitting the 2/4 tables. good luck man..Oh and good luck posting hands, and getting the "post less hands replies"... no help.