Turned A The Str8 - Now What?

Is this standard or am I trying to hard to get any value possible?Villain just sat down a few hands prior so no reads or stats...Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG ($13.70)MP ($48.95)Button ($75.90)SB ($49.50)Hero ($133.15)Preflop: Hero is BB with 8club.gif, 6diamond.gif. UTG calls $0.50, MP calls $0.50, 1 fold, Hero checks.Flop: ($1.50) 5club.gif, Qdiamond.gif, 7club.gif(4 players)Hero bets $0.5, UTG calls $0.50, MP folds.Turn: ($2.50) 9diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $1, UTG calls $1.River: ($4.50) 5diamond.gif(3 players)Hero bets $2, UTG raises to $7, Hero raises to $14, UTG calls $4.70 (All-In).Final Pot: $30.20

bet 3 dollars on the turn. also I think you shouldn't have reraised his raise...

I would:1) Bet more on the flop.2) Bet more on the turn.3) Definitely not reopen the betting after every draw got there on the river.On 1, and 2, seriously, a lot of these posters lately have been showing hands where they've been betting like a *****. Put in a meaningful bet. Seriously. People will be just as willing to call $2 or $2.50 on that turn as they will $1. Seriously. Anything less than 1/2 pot makes me sick, and I lean towards 2/3, to 3/4 as my standard bet, situation dependent, obv.

The size of your bet should rise exponentially with the number of draws out on the turn.On this turn for example, with 2 flush draws and that many straight draws, you should bet like eleventy billion dollars. Or just a pot sized bet will do.Zach's right that reopening the betting on the river is bad. You let him in cheap on the turn and then you offer up your whole stack on the river? Bad idea.

yeah everyone said what needed to be said. i sorta laugh pretty hard at minbet leads. just go ahead and bet $1 on the flop. your goal with your bet on the flop is to take down the hand OOP and build the pot size for if you are called and hit your draw. your smaller bet fails at both of these goals. I realize it's only 1 BB diff, but if you had bet $1 on the flop and $3 on the river, villain would have $9.20 left and the pot would be $9.50. And looky after that! There is absolutely no hard decision to be made on the river. Bet $6, and obviously call if villain sticks the rest in.One mistake can lead to the other. bet sizing is verrry important. it was the difference between your overall line in this hand being +EV and -EV.

The size of your bet should rise exponentially with the number of draws out on the turn.On this turn for example, with 2 flush draws and that many straight draws, you should bet like eleventy billion dollars. Or just a pot sized bet will do.
Hello, my name is Greg, and I have a leak. (Everyone: Hi Greg!)I get way to excited when I hit my hand (usually straights) and try to squeeze every penny I can from a vulnerable holding. In this hand I totally ignored the fact that he may be drawing to the diamond flush because of the flop call. I will stop playing every straight like it is the nuts especially on a 3 flush/paired board.It turns out, if I had made a larger bet on the flop then he might have folded his Kd2d :club:
Zach's right that reopening the betting on the river is bad. You let him in cheap on the turn and then you offer up your whole stack on the river? Bad idea.
I was hoping there was enough chance that he was betting trips that I could raise and get value from my well concealed straight. It truthfully never occurred to me that he had just hit his backdoor flush. Thank you all for your replies.Greg
I was hoping there was enough chance that he was betting trips that I could raise and get value from my well concealed straight. It truthfully never occurred to me that he had just hit his backdoor flush.
He probably would play a 5 like that. His range is very wide because he saw two streets cheaply on a board that offers a plethora of draws.I think you're over-valuing deception. Tricking your opponent is not in itself the goal. I'm sure your opponent doesn't think you have a straight but that isn't really making you money. If he has a draw your holding isn't really a big issue to him. He knows he's behind but almost certainly good if he hits.