$50 Nl Bottom Set W/ Wet Flop

Villan was running 38/25/8, table had recently went to 4 handed so I was loosening up a little but still running 21/15/6Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($54.40)BB ($94.80)UTG ($28.25)Hero ($71.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6club.gif, 6spade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($12.25) Kclub.gif, 6diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $8, Hero raises to $28, SB raises to $56.65 (All-In)Hero ?I made the raise on the flop thinking the board was very coordinated and I was hoping to take it down right there.Wasn't sure what to do when he shoved.

Are you kidding me?
Hero??? Umm, instacalls?Please don't ever post a hand like this again. Please. A side note, I hope the OP knows what BBFIDTS stands for becuase I have a feeling that Naismith or myself is gonna whip that one out on him when the results are posted.

What range do you figure the villain would have given his line?I was thinking QQ+, AK, AdQd, maybe AdJd but I don't think so with the reraise preflop. More likely he has the nut flush draw maybe with TPTK, but I can't rule out the possibility that he flopped a higher set can I?

Hero??? Umm, instacalls?Please don't ever post a hand like this again. Please. A side note, I hope the OP knows what BBFIDTS stands for becuase I have a feeling that Naismith or myself is gonna whip that one out on him when the results are posted.
LOL I was gonna say the same thingSeriously dude, is there really any doubt in your mind as to what to do here??? If he has a higher set, then welcome to the world of coolers. But thats going to happen so little that calling in this situation is still highly profitable.Who cares about the flush draw, he still has to hit it and dodge the board pairing.Take this as a lesson learned, and always call here and dont post any hands like this cuz your going to receive nothing but insults from our friendly community :club:
What range do you figure the villain would have given his line?I was thinking QQ+, AK, AdQd, maybe AdJd but I don't think so with the reraise preflop. More likely he has the nut flush draw maybe with TPTK, but I can't rule out the possibility that he flopped a higher set can I?
4 handed he could have AA, AK, KQ, AJd, ATd, possibly Axd, KJ and JTd depending on how aggressive he is 4 handed. You're only losing to KK and QQ and it's $18 more to win $108, you really can't even consider folding.
4 handed he could have AA, AK, KQ, AJd, ATd, possibly Axd, KJ and JTd depending on how aggressive he is 4 handed. You're only losing to KK and QQ and it's $18 more to win $108, you really can't even consider folding.
For some reason the pot odds never came into my mind (duh) in the small amount of time you get to think on the internet. I guess it was an easy call.Villain had QQ I hit the miracle 6 on the river for my 4th set of quads for the evening.Sorry to waste everyone's time...
For some reason the pot odds never came into my mind (duh) in the small amount of time you get to think on the internet. I guess it was an easy call.Villain had QQ I hit the miracle 6 on the river for my 4th set of quads for the evening.Sorry to waste everyone's time...
Sigh
Man you don't deserve that one outter at all for posting this hand loool j/k, but seriously..don't post coldecks in strat forums anymore
Stop making results oriented posts! This is the easiest call ever. Nice brag post btw...
Villan was running 38/25/8...
I would strongly recommend getting a better understanding of PokerTracker stats before trying to use them.Seriously.If you limit his range here to AK, KK, QQ, AdQd, AdJd, you're looking for monsters. Seriously.Vs this player, this is like any decent king, any draw, etc.Please think before you post.Thanks.

OK I GET IT!I will never post another hand in these strat forums without posting it in at least 2 other forums to make sure I am not wasting your time. Once it is deemed worhty in the other forums, then I will post it here for your critique and inevitable flames.I apologized once, but the piling on is rather unnecessary.

OK I GET IT!I will never post another hand in these strat forums without posting it in at least 2 other forums to make sure I am not wasting your time. Once it is deemed worhty in the other forums, then I will post it here for your critique and inevitable flames.I apologized once, but the piling on is rather unnecessary.
Just understand that if there's no strategy to be discussed in the hand then most of the posts are going to be flaming you.In this hand, like others that people post, the hands are very straight forward and the decisions that people are are asking for advice on might as well be something like "should I call the SB's preflop push from the BB when I have pocket aces and he has me covered?"Do you see what I'm talking about?
Villan was running 38/25/8, table had recently went to 4 handed so I was loosening up a little but still running 21/15/6Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($54.40)BB ($94.80)UTG ($28.25)Hero ($71.95)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6club.gif, 6spade.gif. 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.75, SB raises to $6, 1 fold, Hero calls $4.Flop: ($12.25) Kclub.gif, 6diamond.gif, Qdiamond.gif(2 players)SB bets $8, Hero raises to $28, SB raises to $56.65 (All-In)Hero ?I made the raise on the flop thinking the board was very coordinated and I was hoping to take it down right there.Wasn't sure what to do when he shoved.
Everyone is going to say call. We just don't fold sets. Especially on two-to-coordinated flops. You're trapping draws so often here it's not even funny. And you've got two pair drawing to four outs or less. if you fold sets in fear of oversets, you're never going to win at poker.EDIT: ... LOL, did we just witness someone popping their cooler cherry?
Just understand that if there's no strategy to be discussed in the hand then most of the posts are going to be flaming you.In this hand, like others that people post, the hands are very straight forward and the decisions that people are are asking for advice on might as well be something like "should I call the SB's preflop push from the BB when I have pocket aces and he has me covered?"Do you see what I'm talking about?
I understand. This probably would have been a more interesting hand if the stacks were deeper and it wasn't 4 handed.But what you must understand is that although some of these concepts are straight forward to you, they may not be to the poster. Although I have been playing online for over 2 years now, I just recently decided to get serious and try to improve my game.Last night when I posted the hand I was confused about the call. Maybe I should have slept on it and reviewed it myself, but I thought it would be just as easy to post it here and get your opinions.I should have realized with the pot odds being offered it was a no-brainer, but I guess I was tired. Once that was pointed out to me I apologized and was done with the topic. I have re-read the posting guidelines and will now only post hands that have some strategic content. (I did convert the hand though :club: )Again, I am sorry for the waste of time and bandwidth.Greg
I have re-read the posting guidelines and will now only post hands that have some strategic content. (I did convert the hand though :club: )
Properly converted hands are sadly the things that most of Zach's dreams are made of.

Hey Greg,Sorry to come off so harsh, but it's just hands like these that drive the "regulars" crazy, since we've seen them a million times.My suggestion to you, is to go through the old hands that have been posted, at your leisure, if you are trying to become a bit more serious. This proves that you're putting in an effort to learn, and not post hands that have been done a million times, etc. It's not required, but I mean, it's a great way to learn, and the more you try to help yourself, the more the regulars here will try to help you.The thing to understand, most of us don't hang around here to help out players who are new to the games. I mean, that's a something that the regulars do provide, and I'm sure some get something out of it, but in reality, each individual poster is here to improve their own game. So, having said that, everyone gets something out of posting/replying to interesting hands, etc, while most of the people just get sick of the super easy spots, etc, once it becomes second nature to them. I'm rambling, but the point is, the more you look around to help yourself (ie going over the basics that have been posted before, etc), the more most regulars will be willing to help you out when you do post hands that benefit both yourself as the poster, and the community, as the repliers.Anyways, I'm rambling, but I think you get the point.I hope you do stick around, and again, I apologize for coming off so harsh.Cheers,- ZachEDIT - Also, one of the best ways to learn things is to reply to other posts (WITHOUT READING THE REPLIES), with what you would do in that situation, then go back and read replies, and see if you were close to the concensus, etc, and if you have any questions from the differences, go ahead and ask those, etc. Don't be afraid to bump old posts or anything either, etc.