I notice a lot of players who are really loose and passive pre-flop, but pretty agro postflop, I am mainly concered about the river on this one as should I bet/call or check/call as CO's range is hugeCO is 74/5/1.6 after 75 handsAbsolute PokerLimit Holdem Ring gameLimit: $1/$26 playersConverterPre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with J :) J :DHero raises, UTG+1 folds, CO calls, 3 folds.Flop: 6 :club: K :D J :D (5.5SB, 2 players)Hero bets, CO calls.Turn: A :) (3.75BB, 2 players)Hero bets, CO raises, Hero 3-bets, CO caps, Hero calls.River: Q :D (11.75BB, 2 players)Hero ?

Id probably just c/c. I dont think hes raising you on the river without a ten fearing broadway, but when you check he may bet most of his hands when you check since he is aggressive. Im not really too sure how often these players will value bet the river here though.

if we can safely assume that:villain 3bets AA, KK, QQrealistically we're only afraid of one hand here, Q10.I bet/call riverand then quickly sign off before playing higher stakes to get my winnings back if he shows a 10.

if we can safely assume that:villain 3bets AA, KK, QQrealistically we're only afraid of one hand here, Q10.I bet/call riverand then quickly sign off before playing higher stakes to get my winnings back if he shows a 10.
The problem with bet/call is that we really only get raised by a 10, right? Or would you expect him to raise two pair even after we lead into his cap?The benefit to check/calling is that all of the hands that are calling a bet from us that we beat (two pair, etc), are also betting this river once checked to, or is that assumption way off? Do you think villain will be checking behind with AK, A6, K6, AJ or KJ here?
The problem with bet/call is that we really only get raised by a 10, right? Or would you expect him to raise two pair even after we lead into his cap?The benefit to check/calling is that all of the hands that are calling a bet from us that we beat (two pair, etc), are also betting this river once checked to, or is that assumption way off? Do you think villain will be checking behind with AK, A6, K6, AJ or KJ here?
yeah
Do you think villain will be checking behind with AK, A6, K6, AJ or KJ here?
Definitely.I bet-call.--CM
But obv more than 1/15 times?
Yeah.Sometimes villains get carried away and continue their aggression without recognizing that the river card jeapordized their hand.Sometimes.I couldn't bet-fold.One of the reasons, though, that I like betting out is because I expect Villain to only call the river if he happened to have a slowplayed higher set (AA,KK,QQ).--cm

Ok, well this hand is pretty easy.If we think he'll check behind with 2 pair, then we are certainly better off bet/calling.If we think he'll always bet when checked to after capping the turn, then I'd prefer c/c'ing.

The benefit to check/calling is that all of the hands that are calling a bet from us that we beat (two pair, etc), are also betting this river once checked to, or is that assumption way off?
I would say that your assumption is way off here...
Ok, well this hand is pretty easy.If we think he'll check behind with 2 pair, then we are certainly better off bet/calling.If we think he'll always bet when checked to after capping the turn, then I'd prefer c/c'ing.
Agreed.--cm
  • 2 weeks later...