Great Quotes

"Ah, women. They make the highs higher and the lows more frequent."- Friedrich Nietzsche
This is fantastic."Get a reputation as an early riser and you can sleep 'till noon." -some guy
kiss my ***, this game sucks. Me after my AA cracked by KK one spot away from a WSOP seat
Well why don't you cry about it? Saddlebags!-Ace Ventura

"The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese".from Tug Mcgraw upon signing a new contract and asked what he's going to do with the money:"90% I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey -- the other 10% I'll probably waste."

"We ride together, we die together. Bad boys for life!"-Bad Boys 2And almost any quote from Brian's Song is inspirational
I was just about to say that.
"We ride together, we die together. Bad boys for life!"-Bad Boys 2And almost any quote from Brian's Song is inspirational
I was just about to say that.

Here are some of the ones that I've collected:“If you only do what you know you can do, you never do very much.”Tom Krause (motivational speaker, Teacher and Coach, b.1934)Hell, there are no rules here - we're trying to accomplish something. - Thomas A. Edison"Everything that can be invented already has been.” This statement was released in 1899 by the U.S. Patent Office. If these “experts” ran the world, we would still be sitting in the dark. It is our responsibility to shatter outdated thinking and to explore the realm of the untested; it is here that breakthrough opportunities are waiting to be discovered.“... the people who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do!”What if Orville and Wilbur Wright had stuck to selling bicycles?What if Audrey Hepburn had remained a ballerina?What if Rosa Parks had actually given up her seat on the bus?The world is shaped by people of conviction: those who challenge themselves to make things happen. “Success is achieved by risking more than others think is safe, dreaming more than others think is practical, and expecting more than others think is possible.”“It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.” - Charles Darwin"Whoever said, it's not whether you win or lose that counts, probably lost." A goal is not always meant to be reached; it often serves simply as something to aim at. - Bruce LeeBill Cosby was once asked, “what is the key to success?" He took a beat, stepped back, and said, "I have no idea what the key to success is. But I know the key to failure, and that's trying to please everybody."

To paraphrase:The definition of insanity is to keep doing the same things over and over, and expect different results.

Notorious BIG said it best, you're either slingin' crack rock or you got a wicked jump shot. -Boiler Roomand"Money won is twice as sweet as money earned". -Paul Newman (The Color of Money)

"He advocated thrift and hard work and disapproved of loose women who turned him down." -- Catch-22See also: most sentences from that book.
Agreed. I went looking for a quote from that book (used to have one in my signature I think), but I couldn't really pick just one. Anyone who hasn't read that book should.
Agreed. I went looking for a quote from that book (used to have one in my signature I think), but I couldn't really pick just one. Anyone who hasn't read that book should.
Yeah, even if you don't like reading, or you don't find most literary stuff funny, this is maybe the funniest book ever written. It will appeal to anyone who finds irony or flippancy or the illogical funny at all. Its humor has aged better than anything I can think of. Read the book.
"You can not strengthen the weak by weakening the strong" Abe Lincoln"You can not help the poor by destroying the rich" Abe Lincoln"You can not help the wage earner by pulling down the wage payer" Abe Lincoln
I sense a theme here.

Tony Montana: In this country, you gotta make the money first. Then when you get the money, you get the power. Then when you get the power, then you get the women. Tony Montana: All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one!Of course only works well in his voice.

"For something so disgusting and lethal, cigarettes are amazingly enjoyable."-Randall Lawrence Waterhouse

"The early bird gets the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese".
or.."I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm." - not sure"'Round the corner there may wait, a new road or a secret gate" - J.R.R. Tolkien"The afternoon knows what the morning never expected" - Anonymous proverb"This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality. Embrace this moment. Remember. We are eternal. All this pain is an illusion" - Maynard James Keenan"I embrace my desire tofeel the rhythm, to feel connectedenough to step aside and weep like a widowto feel inspired, to fathom the power,to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,to swing on the spiralof our divinity and still be a human." - Maynard James Keenan