New Dn Mudslinging Post Over At 2+2

I like DN a lot .. I like this site a lot .. With that said, is it remotely possible that the fact pattern the original poster on 2+2 laid out, is correct or rooted in the truth? ..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like DN a lot .. I like this site a lot .. With that said, is it remotely possible that the fact pattern the original poster on 2+2 laid out, is correct or rooted in the truth? ..
and if it is why is it anyones business?
Why do you care?
Best Line Yet,The real question is, who is AllVegasGuy....Ram or Mark? Mark or Ram?
Hellmuth? LOL Think about it: he certainly has the motivation, and it's been long enough since Daniel ripped him for most people to suspect somebody else. I'll bet Phil is in a hell of a black mood from donking up at the WPT and just itching to take it out on somebody...the fact that the OP was ranting on and on about judging people, ego, laziness, and money seemed a little suspect too.Oh well, that's my guess--hope I'm wrong.

I like DN because he has the balls to speak his mind and express opinions and beliefs that, at times, can be very unpopular. Yes, sometimes, he goes way too far into the sophomoric arena of gossip and blabber, but pound for pound, I think his his blog is an interesting read and he seems to be a very good person with a quality soul (don't know the man behind closed doors, but we poker players tend to be fairly good off-the-cuff judges of character. ) With that said, whenever you enter into the realm of passing judgment, honestly assessing peoples life decisions and/or performance and pontificating on the actions of others (which DN readily does on a regular basis) you really open yourself up for people to criticize you equally.The internet discussion forum-sphere is a world of anonymous bomb throwers. When you're in the public eye like DN is, you dwell in the jaws of this beast and must be able to withstand the slings and arrows of the ankle biters who have nothing to offer the world other than to proffer criticism of those who succeed (since they themselves don't)DN will always have vocal critics because he is so visible- partially on his own volition (he does like the limelight) and particularly because of the explosion in the popularity of poker that makes him register on every radar. How many of us could live our lives with people noticing our every action and escape criticism?When you go to the store and forget your billfold, someone in the store knows who you are and posts that you must be robusto because he saw you in Wal Mart and you couldn't even afford a sack of groceries.When you rent a house from a friend, that must mean that you're a charity case...When you're a professional gambler and go on a icey streak, it's broadcast for all the world to know, framed in the context that you're a real loser...It's all hateful BS.DN speaks frankly and this will always piss a few people off. These people will always be looking for little fragments of information about him and his life to spin against him in an unfavorable fashion. IMO, it speaks more about them than it does about him.

LOL my favorite post frop that thread.Original poster has done well to uncover this bombshell story. I can add some further flavour which really shows DN for what he is.I have heard from an unimpeachable source at the Las Vegas dog pound, that Daniel's beloved pooch, whom he refers to as Mushu, was originally from the pound. He previously belonged to a young girl, aged 6, and was called Brandy. DN callousy changed the name, and denied all access rights to the former owner.This news will shock dog lovers from all over the world. Except in parts of China and Korea, where Mushu/Brandy will continue to be known as Number 44, and remains available with either blackbean or a sweet chilli source.

how can you guys even read that forum? Unless there is something I am missing (and that is not unlikely), I have to keep clicking the next post to read it, rather than scroll (like we have here). Waste of time, and with thejunk they are writing, its an even bigger waste of time.

Unless there is something I am missing (and that is not unlikely), I have to keep clicking the next post to read it, rather than scroll (like we have here).
22asdf.jpg

Wait, so did I miss something? Did DN stake Kirk Morrison? Not a big deal just wondering if this was something everyone knew.And if this is true and that DN got 1Mil, I'd say good deal Daniel. -Oh and that post on 2+2 is ridiculous-

Fact pattern? hahah. Been to law school much buddy?

DN staking Morrison is just speculation based on the fact that they are friends and Kirk credited Daniel for getting him playing again. I wouldn't be surprised if DN did stake him but I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. Really it doesn't much matter to anyone but those two.As for the rest of the accusations in the OP I suspect that they have a grain of truth and an illogical conclusion. - DN was "cash poor" is likely true after a big lose in the big game and the fact that much of his money is otherwise at use in the real world. From what I understand a lot of the money in the big game - specially from the regulars - is on semi-credit and they don't exactly have a 30 buy-in bankroll sitting around in cash.- DN making little profit from FCP and foregoing the chance to be a sponsored player at FTP or Stars likely has some validity. Given his relationship with Lederer however I don't see them getting into business and Stars doesn't exactly have a lot of pros on their bankroll aside from the previously unknown ME winners. I can't see that FCP would be an ongoing drain on DNs funds but I suppose it's possible. I'd be very surprised to find that DN is making a lot from FCP right now except possibly as a vehicle to promote his other projects - books/DVDs/video game.- DN "renting" his house from Harman could be for any number of reasons including keeping his address out of the public record. I can think of plenty of other reason why someone who isn't broke would "rent" rather than own.

This is a little off topic but I just wanted to add that DN should be considered the most marketable pro out there today and the one with the largest fan base. If you ask a young casual poker poker who their favorite player is, it is almost always DN.

Amazing, Malmuth and Sklansky jumped on the bandwagon. For one goldamn thing, the frickin' Mods over there should have got rid of that post as soon as addresses were posted. That crap is wrong! But, you have to understand the Mods are people like that retard Dids. They only limit and control what goes against their own views. Betcha that post would have been deleted if it had listed Sklansky's address. Total BS on 2+2's part. Goes to show that whole bunch has it in for Daniel. I don't know and don't care what Daniel's personal situations are. I do know he isn't the arrogant @$$ that the OP on 2+2 tried to make him out to be. We all know that. He treats us like personal friends on here, and we treat him the same. I've met him twice and he was just a regular dude and I appreciated that. To most of us on here, he just one of the guys. Remember how he went out of his way to meet up with that poster on here that didn't get a chance to talk with him at the tourney in San Jose? The guy felt slighted and Daniel went out of his way to make it up to the guy just because he was one of us that posts on here. I don't think Sklansky or Malmuth would do the same for a 2+2 poster. It matters not to me if Daniel is broke or the richest man in poker, or if he owns a home or not, he's a good fella and he means well and has a big heart. He's a good friend to all of us here on FCP and I for one appreciate that. All that other crap isn't none of my business. Thanks for bein' a friend dude!

I would like to agree with Muck. DN has been great on here, he has answer direct questions from me multiple times and between Balloon Guy and I got into a pretty heated Political debate that was actually enjoyable even though DN was completely wrong :club: Whether any or all of that is true really doesn't matter, it has nothing to do with whether he is a nice guy, accomodating to his fans or us other degenerate gamblers on here. The funny thing is most of what he said applies to most professional gamblers. They borrow loan play on stake, stake others etc. I am a very low limit player, 1-2 to 2-5 NL or PL is about as high as I go and I have borrowed and loaned (in the same night!) Does it matter that it was for $100 instead of a million?? I used to rent, then I bought....I started a company that did not get of the ground, when I could have just gone and worked for someone. Do you see where I am going here... all those things that he was saying are normal, his situation is just more public than any of ours.

They posted my address? Sklansky and Malmuth saw that and didn't have it removed? Is this true? As for the OP's post, there is only one shred of truth in it. I did rent my old place from Jennifer and Marco. Almost all of the information is completely off base. For example, I am ahead in cash games over the last two years, albeit in limited play. As for golf losses, he claimed 600K.... it was more than a million in 2006. I lost 600K to one player alone over the summer! Yes, I am officially a golf sucker in every sense of the word, lol. A whale who tries to make fair games. Oh well. As for why I rented rather than bought the old house, I knew that it was going to be a temporary home for me. Also, being a Canadian living in the U.S. I wasn't sure as to the best way to buy a home in Vegas. My mother owns her house in Las Vegas, just five minutes away from me. Apparently she's been winning big at the slots to cover the mortgage :club: As for me owing anybody money, I owe one of my friends $50,000 and another friend $150,000. That's pretty common in "our world" and the reason they haven't been paid is because I haven't seen them. Oh wait, I owe another friend $12,500. There is a significant difference between owing someone money and not having it, and owing someone money that is sitting in your box at the Bellagio or in the bank. I'm not going to go over to 2+2 to reply to the OP's post. I realize that I'm "kind of" doing that here anyway, but I don't plan on getting into a debate with the posters over their about a private matter, such as my finances. His post was so weird? So much of it was like, huh? Why would I be moving into a bigger house if I was broke? As for Kirk, yes, I did have a piece of him (how much is absolutely nobody's business), but what makes no sense is that the OP posted that I staked Kirk in a $25k event, yet was ALSO being staked myself??? Huh? Anyway, I'm done with it. I have loads more I want to say on the subject, but none of it is productive so I'll just leave it alone. The thing is, even if I was completely broke, that's not something I'd even be ashamed of really? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, and I HAVE been broke before. Many times. It's all part of the learning process. Obviously if I were to go broke now it would be a little more troubling, but it wouldn't destroy me.***************************************************************************************************THE OTHER RUMOR My agent, Brian Balsbaugh talks to lots of companies about potential endorsement deals or sponsorship deals. Half the time, I'm totally unaware of who he is talking to as he is a busy guy that's on the phones a lot. The vague rumor report on pokernews.com has some truth to it. The online poker landscape has changed dramatically since the UIGEA and there is tons of speculation about what the future holds. Recent news is actually rather promising as there seems to be more of an effort to make this an issue in Washington.

They posted my address? Sklansky and Malmuth saw that and didn't have it removed? Is this true? As for the OP's post, there is only one shred of truth in it. I did rent my old place from Jennifer and Marco. Almost all of the information is completely off base. For example, I am ahead in cash games over the last two years, albeit in limited play. As for golf losses, he claimed 600K.... it was more than a million in 2006. I lost 600K to one player alone over the summer! Yes, I am officially a golf sucker in every sense of the word, lol. A whale who tries to make fair games. Oh well. As for why I rented rather than bought the old house, I knew that it was going to be a temporary home for me. Also, being a Canadian living in the U.S. I wasn't sure as to the best way to buy a home in Vegas. My mother owns her house in Las Vegas, just five minutes away from me. Apparently she's been winning big at the slots to cover the mortgage :club: As for me owing anybody money, I owe one of my friends $50,000 and another friend $150,000. That's pretty common in "our world" and the reason they haven't been paid is because I haven't seen them. Oh wait, I owe another friend $12,500. There is a significant difference between owing someone money and not having it, and owing someone money that is sitting in your box at the Bellagio or in the bank. I'm not going to go over to 2+2 to reply to the OP's post. I realize that I'm "kind of" doing that here anyway, but I don't plan on getting into a debate with the posters over their about a private matter, such as my finances. His post was so weird? So much of it was like, huh? Why would I be moving into a bigger house if I was broke? As for Kirk, yes, I did have a piece of him (how much is absolutely nobody's business), but what makes no sense is that the OP posted that I staked Kirk in a $25k event, yet was ALSO being staked myself??? Huh? Anyway, I'm done with it. I have loads more I want to say on the subject, but none of it is productive so I'll just leave it alone. The thing is, even if I was completely broke, that's not something I'd even be ashamed of really? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, and I HAVE been broke before. Many times. It's all part of the learning process. Obviously if I were to go broke now it would be a little more troubling, but it wouldn't destroy me.***************************************************************************************************THE OTHER RUMOR My agent, Brian Balsbaugh talks to lots of companies about potential endorsement deals or sponsorship deals. Half the time, I'm totally unaware of who he is talking to as he is a busy guy that's on the phones a lot. The vague rumor report on pokernews.com has some truth to it. The online poker landscape has changed dramatically since the UIGEA and there is tons of speculation about what the future holds. Recent news is actually rather promising as there seems to be more of an effort to make this an issue in Washington.
Once again Daniel...Class Act.
They posted my address? Sklansky and Malmuth saw that and didn't have it removed? Is this true?
No telling if Sklansky or Malmuth actually saw it- but, the original post was made at 3:16 PM and the address wasn't edited out by a moderator until 8:46 PM.Dids, a moderator, posted on the topic at 5:05 PM, 3 3/4 hours prior to removing the address.
They posted my address? Sklansky and Malmuth saw that and didn't have it removed? Is this true? As for the OP's post, there is only one shred of truth in it. I did rent my old place from Jennifer and Marco. Almost all of the information is completely off base. For example, I am ahead in cash games over the last two years, albeit in limited play. As for golf losses, he claimed 600K.... it was more than a million in 2006. I lost 600K to one player alone over the summer! Yes, I am officially a golf sucker in every sense of the word, lol. A whale who tries to make fair games. Oh well. As for why I rented rather than bought the old house, I knew that it was going to be a temporary home for me. Also, being a Canadian living in the U.S. I wasn't sure as to the best way to buy a home in Vegas. My mother owns her house in Las Vegas, just five minutes away from me. Apparently she's been winning big at the slots to cover the mortgage :D As for me owing anybody money, I owe one of my friends $50,000 and another friend $150,000. That's pretty common in "our world" and the reason they haven't been paid is because I haven't seen them. Oh wait, I owe another friend $12,500. There is a significant difference between owing someone money and not having it, and owing someone money that is sitting in your box at the Bellagio or in the bank. I'm not going to go over to 2+2 to reply to the OP's post. I realize that I'm "kind of" doing that here anyway, but I don't plan on getting into a debate with the posters over their about a private matter, such as my finances. His post was so weird? So much of it was like, huh? Why would I be moving into a bigger house if I was broke? As for Kirk, yes, I did have a piece of him (how much is absolutely nobody's business), but what makes no sense is that the OP posted that I staked Kirk in a $25k event, yet was ALSO being staked myself??? Huh? Anyway, I'm done with it. I have loads more I want to say on the subject, but none of it is productive so I'll just leave it alone. The thing is, even if I was completely broke, that's not something I'd even be ashamed of really? I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, and I HAVE been broke before. Many times. It's all part of the learning process. Obviously if I were to go broke now it would be a little more troubling, but it wouldn't destroy me.***************************************************************************************************THE OTHER RUMOR My agent, Brian Balsbaugh talks to lots of companies about potential endorsement deals or sponsorship deals. Half the time, I'm totally unaware of who he is talking to as he is a busy guy that's on the phones a lot. The vague rumor report on pokernews.com has some truth to it. The online poker landscape has changed dramatically since the UIGEA and there is tons of speculation about what the future holds. Recent news is actually rather promising as there seems to be more of an effort to make this an issue in Washington.
Yeah...regarding the address thing, that move was just pure evil IMO. The guy should have his *** kicked for that one.Regarding the $12, 500 you owe me...no worries man. I'll square up with you at the World Series in a few weeks. :club: Regarding FCP's future with online gaming I sincerely hope this all works out for everyone. This place is great and it would suck if it went away.As always, best to you and yours Daniel. :D
As for me owing anybody money, I owe one of my friends $50,000 and another friend $150,000. That's pretty common in "our world" and the reason they haven't been paid is because I haven't seen them. Oh wait, I owe another friend $12,500.
Since that last sentence makes it look like you can be forgetful, I just wanted to remind you that you owe me a large sum of money (I won't get into specifics due to the privacy of those involved). If you don't have it, I'll settle on 50 percent of you throughout the WSOP. Thanks!
Class response. That guy is just some jealous loser trying to start BS. I'm glad you aren't responding on 2+2, that's what he wants.

Well I hve been a fan of Daniel for 20-30 years, but NO MORE.I mean come on, this guy disses him and he is NICE, respectful, and makes sense. I know the FANYBOYS are going to jump all over me here, tell me why his armpits don't smell, but this is just too much. Danie Negraeno is washed up. You think PHIL HELMUTH would have reacted like this? Or RAM VASWANI? They would have hired people to hunt down the OP and shave his head.Speaking of shave his head...is Daniel celebate?I am never going to read his posts again, and I will only read every other blog, but I will have the TV on real loud so that I have a hard time following it.Consider me a former fan.BTW I wrote down the address and will be sending you a free subscription to the Limbaugh Letter! :club:

BTW I wrote down the address and will be sending you a free subscription to the Limbaugh Letter! :club:
:D Well, you may as well just go for it then and send over a case of Spam too.