I Need To Take A Dump (1/2)

FullTilt 1/2 HORSE (5-handed)BI hasn't been at the table long, but this is the second time I've seen him complete the bring-in w/ a rag door. MP seems LAG. The table generally seems bad.Bring-In (xx) 4 :club:completes for $1MP (xx) Q :icon_dance:raises to $2Cobalt (5 :club: K :D) K :heart:re-raises to $3BI capsMP callsCobalt callsPot ($13)BI (xx) 4 :heart: 6 :DbetsMP (xx) Q :club: A :heart:callsCobalt (5 :club: K :)) K :club: 6 :club:raisesBI 3-betsMP callsCobalt callsPot ($22)BI (xx) 4 :club: 6 :) T :club:betsMP (xx) Q :club: A :club: 8 :)foldsCobalt (5 :club: K :icon_dance:) K :heart: 6 :heart: 9 :club:callsPot ($26)BI (xx) 4 :club: 6 :icon_dance: T :club: T :icon_dance:betsCobalt (5 :club: K :icon_dance:) K :club: 6 :club: 9 :heart: J :DcallsPot ($30)BI (xx) 4 :heart: 6 :icon_dance: T :club: T :icon_dance: (x) betsCobalt (5 :heart: K :icon_dance:) K :club: 6 :club: 9 :heart: J :D (T :heart:) callsI apologize if I messed any of the action up. I'm not very good at remembering Stud hands off the top of my head. Is this an obvious dump on 6th if I suspect my opponent might be a donk? Should I dump it somewhere before then? If I call on 6th, I've got to call on 7th, right?

seems fine. playing low stakes stud is kind of hard to play without a read, because people sometimes will just go crazy in that guys spot with like split 4s or a hidden pair no matter what it is. It'd be hard to put him no wired aces because MP had an ace, but its certainly possible. I'd say he has two pair on 6th when he hit his open tens, and I think you have to call on 6th with 12 outs for better two pair, and two additional for trips. On 7th you probably have to pay-off unless you can be positive he never bluffs there. who knows, he might have had like 3 clubs or a 4-straight and just went nuts. Actually, I might have folded on 7th, I just can't see you having the best hand any of the time, his hand plays so much like he started off with a pair or rolled up, but I dont really know if you can fold on 7th getting like 16-1, basically if he ever bets there with just the tens you probably have to call. But yeah, I think you played the hand well. 6th street is kind of unfortunate but I think you have to call down on 6th and 7th. Bah, i'm pretty bad though, so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

I think you're totally dead here, possibly since 3rd street, and certainly since 6th.If your doorcard is a 4, what hole cards could you possibly have to make you:1. Bring in with a completion when there is a K and Q out.2. Cap 3rd against the raising Q and reraising K.(note - there's a few errors in your history - you should have acted first on 4th and the QA on 5th)3. Regardless of who's acting first, he's betting and raising every chance he gets.Unless you've seen him (hopefully more than once) play like a maniac with wired Jacks or a draw in this situation, this positively screams [44]4. A better player than me probably folds it on 5th once the bets double and you've no back door flush or straight to justify taking ... just ... one ... more ... card ...Say he started with just a pair of 4s, and on 6th makes 2 pair. Now should you call off 6th hoping to improve? On the fly, I make the math:13 cards to improve to 2 pair - 3 5s, 2 6s, 3 9s, 3 Js. Although no doubt one or two of these were folded door cards.The other 2 kings make you trips, very likely a winner. If he has trip 4s or wired Aces (very possible) you're drawing slim. And if he started [T4]4 you're drawing dead.But, assuming 2 pair is good, you've got 15 cards to win. You've shown us 13 cards (again knowing the other folds would be handy), so there are 39 cards that I don't know. 39-15 = 13-5 = 2.6 - 1. Certainly you've the pot odds to call on 6th if Kings up will win.But if you need a K to win, you are 39-2 = 19.5-1 and you are getting only 15-1 on your 6th street call.Given the chances that 2 pair is no good, muck it on 5th - again, unless you somehow know this guy is a drunken maniac. And even then, you probably lose, if only when he rivers a second pair.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I have to agree with Frez in this one. I had a highly similar hand (almost identical) in the NO Mixed back on Ongame. Villain open completed with a 5 up, someone raised with a Jack up, I 3-betted with split kings, and was capped by the 5. I donk-called down to 6th and finally wised up to it, and sure enough Villain was rolled up.It was either AA-4, or 44-4 in my book, and never anything else. We can rule out that he was open-completing because it was short-handed and his hand was vulnerable because no one would cap 3rd without a really strong hand after open-completing in LL Stud.

Yeah...he was rolled up with the 4s. I think the fact that he'd completed with the low card on the previous hand threw me into thinking he was an idiot. Basically, basing reads off one inconclusive hand is generally a bad idea.

• 4 weeks later...
Yeah...he was rolled up with the 4s. I think the fact that he'd completed with the low card on the previous hand threw me into thinking he was an idiot. Basically, basing reads off one inconclusive hand is generally a bad idea.
Agreed. I try to go with general rule of thumbs unless proved conclusively otherwise.