Protege 1 Final Table Participants

hey all, about this time last year i was drunk and full of pancakes, stumbling back to my hotel room in downtown toronto, after a night out on the town with DN himself, getting ready for the protege final table the next morning. well, we all know how that turned out :blush:anyway, how has your poker "career" changed between then and now? (we know your answer fid :D ) what sort of impression has the protege weekend left you with now that a year has passed? got anything else exciting going for you?last year, i was playing $10-$20 STTs and MTTs and a little LHE. Between now in then, I've gotten a lot better at poker (imo of course) but my bankroll hasn't gotten any bigger (mainly because i like buying stuff) :D so i've most recently played SHLHE from 2/4 to 5/10 and just started to learn NL cash, which i hope to move to completely eventually (can't stand the SHLHE variance)overall, meeting daniel and the rest of you was an eye opener for this (then) 19 year old. now i've got this part of me that won't go away that wants to tp/mm, since i was soooooo close to the opportunity of a lifetime. (i also found out how nice it is to get bottle service in vip :club: )so, guys (and gal), how have you been?

Hey Cory,Has it been a year, how time flies. I should have known as I recenty replaced my crocs, lol went with orange ones this time, hahaha. I have more in life changing and less poker changes. Last year we had just moved from Stamford,CT to Vancouver,WA and now we are in Houston, TX, seen all the coasts, east, west and now gulf. We also only had one child then, Dylan is know 2 yrs 4 months and he has a baby sister, Lauren who is 3 weeks old now. With that time for poker has slowed, though I have manged a little when they go to bed. The classic was good, won a seat there for a low cost, but with the changes in legislation decided to cash out the 5k and take the family on vacation to mexico in Jan. As of late I am trying to come up with some new strategies through incorporating the reading I have been doing. Mostly playing low limit NL holdem and omaha along with the tues and wed tournies when I have the time and almost all of it on FCP. I am planning on getting more play in would like to make the wsop this year but with the little ones it just is too tough, going to plan on 2008 then. Of course Protege 3 will be on the list when it comes back and whatever I can fit into the time schedule.Best regards,Clnt

I didn't even realize it has been a year. Pokwerwise I hardly ever play anymore, not for lack of desire, but lack of time. I started a new career as at a brokerage firm and am doing really well. but it is time consumeing, so poker has taken a back seat. I would like to try and make it out to Nutzbusters Golf affair, but I won't have time to play any poker if I make it out.(That's if I can even make it.) I miss poker, but am enjoying life as is. I was thinking of playing the 100,000 guaranteed today on FCP, since I have the day off, but I will need to look at what the deposit options are. I haven't deposited anywhere is about 6 months. If I can get the cash online, you may see me in that one.