davinandersonln7.jpgSo at this point we start discussing the 'infamous' hand where Aaron busts Greg Raymer...http://www.cardplayer.com/hand_matchup/39I was kind of defending Kanters push on the turn here and Davins thoughts were that it was 'second level thinking'...or 'amateur thinking' to make the kind of play that Kanter did on the turn in this hand. My mindset is that if you are in the final 25 of the WSOP and you pick up a flush draw on the turn in that situation...you run with it for better or for worse. Kanter made a play which happened to work out for him when he caught his flush...but the essense of the entire hand is based on 'picking a hand' and running with it. IMO the play Aaron made here was solid and he caught a break...its about as simple as that. His call on the flop to Raymers c-bet was questionable...but IMO this type of balls out play is EXACTLY what it takes to win big events.
Sorry, but Davin is right. Maybe getting angry was opver the top, but Donker should have run like a chick after the flop. Raymer said after the hand "You tried to give them to me..." referring to Donker's chips, and he (like Davin) are totally correct. No pair, no draw after the flop, calling off those chips was completely ridiculous. If Donker catches any piece of that flop, I could see it, but Raymer had fired preflop, and then fired again post flop, yet Donker wouldn't give him credit for a hand.Donker luckboxed to his finish, and that hand v. Raymer got him the stack to be there. He shoulda been out long before finishing 3rd.

tr1nity what is your sn on all the sites? if you seriously have a 90% roi in the same tourneys davin played then i feel like i would have a much better idea who you are... all i have to say is that i hated seeing dabest247 at my table back when he was playing, dude was a beast who never seemed to spew chips and always had a stack. also i feel like a 90% roi is perfectly sustainable at mtts long term...

I suppose what I am suggesting is that you may have read every poker book available in the English speaking world, subscribed to cardrunners or pokerxfactor (or any of the other scam 'tutorial' sites) and made all the correct decisions in every tourney you ever played. But there is an element in poker which comes down to raw instinct and the way the cards fall for you...that is going to inevitably define you as a poker 'pro'. Guys like Isaac Haxton, Alex Jacob, and countless other 'no-names' made their mark by building a huge stack early in a tourney and putting it to work for them. It's not as if any of us haven't been in that spot before to win a big MTT. 'mega' success in the poker world is a few coin flips away, and thats the truth of the matter if you can absorb the dent in your bankroll. I'm not impressed by any of these so called 'TV pros' who were fortunate enough to have the deck slap them in the face when it mattered most. Any one of you could be the next WPT champ if you had the buy in to compete at that level. As far as I am concerned...Davin Anderson has an over inflated ego and a wife who has got him on a pretty short leash. He is hardly some mystical poker prodigy who we should line up to worship because he happened to make it deep in the 2005 WSOP.
yeah, this whole posting by tr1n1ty sounds a little preposterous1. if you have a 90% ROI and feel compelled to remind everyone of that in every third post, why would you then claim that you want anonymity while posting. Don't bring it up and no one would ask.2. you start the thread by saying that you wanted to get Davin's insights because you wanted to improve, but by the above quoted post you reflect no respect for his ability whatsoever3. you are upset at Davin for disrespecting you (so you say) because he belittled a play, but you persisted in harassing someone who took the time to talk with you and brought up an issue that was obviously a sore spot; then like an irritating toothache you kept poking at him until he questioned your ability as well; then you threw a tantrum; think about that series of events - do you see anything wrong with it4. bkice - I am not saying that a 90% ROI is impossible, I am saying I do not personally buy it in this instance; I am sure that tr1n1ty is a better player than me (but that is a very minimal accomplishment, ISAP), but I don't buy his thinly veiled brag post followed by modesty and desire for anonymity in future, if you ask someone for advice and they take the time to talk to you, be grateful. And if you do not like where the conversation is going then hang up. I am not a Davin Anderson fan, I am completely Davin indifferent, but when it comes down to it, I really dislike people that get upset at others, who have taken the time to talk to them.
tr1nity what is your sn on all the sites? if you seriously have a 90% roi in the same tourneys davin played then i feel like i would have a much better idea who you are... all i have to say is that i hated seeing dabest247 at my table back when he was playing, dude was a beast who never seemed to spew chips and always had a stack. also i feel like a 90% roi is perfectly sustainable at mtts long term...
LoL.. he made so many -EV plays in the late stages of tournies it was sick.. Shoving 30 bbs into chip leader final 3, getting married to A-rag when it was obv he was beat.. etc.... he appeared as a super aggro lagtard to me.. I wish him the best of luck in his other poker ventures.
I have a friend on full-tilt that has maintained a 90 percent ROI and he is relatively unknown.. he is a sicko.
Teach me please :club:

FWIW I played with Kanter for a long time on day 2 of the PCA and he played very well. I also am unsure about Davin's "retirement" b/c he was at my $163 FTP table last night.Oh and LOLDONKAMENTS.

well my ROI in MTT's over the last 2 years is over 90%
are you sure about that? are you sure you aren't just lying? both sharkscope and official poker rankings have "TR1N1TY" as a big loser at micro stakes.or is it that this 90% number includes live, and you kill when you can look into their eyes and tell their bluffing?either way, you're quickly becomming my favorite poster.
LoL.. he made so many -EV plays in the late stages of tournies it was sick.. Shoving 30 bbs into chip leader final 3, getting married to A-rag when it was obv he was beat.. etc.... he appeared as a super aggro lagtard to me.. I wish him the best of luck in his other poker ventures.
Ya, that was pretty much my take on him always. Kinda like Below, w/ out the ability to get away from a hand.

Wow...weird thread.1st off...Davin is far from a "star" player, but he is a solid player. He may get a bit over aggressive at times, but I have a hard time faulting a guy for being aggressive late in an mtt as opposed to nitting it up. I think PM was dead on...he's BeLOW w/o the ability to fold.2nd...OP...I have a dumb question? Are you Riptyde? Cuz...it sounds like a Riptyde type of post.Braggin about a 90% ROI....checkTalking about how other players aren't that good...checkTaking shots at successful online players...check (see what he did to get BeLOW's chat banned on Stars that he bragged about after)Living in Cali...checkNow...some of you are better sleuths that I am, but the OP is starting to remind me a ton of good ole Rippy. I mean...it's not like Rippy has ever been banned from a poker website before and came back under a different name...