Quit Playing Cash Games?

While it isn't a lot in terms of buy-in, I lost $500 tonight playing NL200 (1/2 blinds), which was my worst loss ever in poker, and was above my normal stakes.Some hands that make me want to quit poker, or at least cash games:My Cards- :club: :card_clubs_10:Board- :D:icon_dance::club::heart: :card_clubs_3:Other player has- :club::heart:. $400 pot.My Cards- :icon_dance: :card_clubs_6:Board: :icon_dance::D:icon_dance::icon_dance: :card_clubs_j:Other player has- :):D $450 pot.I should of folded this on on the river, but they enticed me to call with a 40% pot bet.My Cards- :):icon_dance: Board- :icon_dance::club: :club: :heart::D They had: :):icon_dance: $150 pot.All-in pre-flop hands:Kings vs. A-Q, A on turn. $150 pot.And the best hand of the night:Limp re-raise with Aces, A-K pushes. Flop K-K-x. $450 pot.Only fun hand I won was Queens on a A-Q-x, vs Q-J, $500 pot. Let the flaming commence!

What site was this on. I only ask bc the stars 200NL games seemed to have really tightened up lately and I guess I'm just interested if this was on stars?

What site was this on. I only ask bc the stars 200NL games seemed to have really tightened up lately and I guess I'm just interested if this was on stars?
No. Was this site (FCP).Also, last two hands are from 400NL, when I moved up to chase my losses. Worked in the past, didn't work tonight.
It seems like to me NL cash games have gotten increasingly worse (harder to win) the last 2 years. It's like you have to be good to win now, it sucks. I used to be a winning player now I am a break even player, and it's not worth the time to play anymore. So I just try and have fun in tournaments now. It also might be because I don't bother trying to get better by reading books or anything while everyone else does. Oh well. Sorry, I only intended to write the first two sentences.

I'm surprised that I'm the fourth reply but the first to say it:BBFIDTS

I'm surprised that I'm the fourth reply but the first to say it:BBFIDTS
Umm, only 2 of them were bad beats. Other 3 I got my $ in bad on the river, and felt sick each and every time.
Umm, only 2 of them were bad beats. Other 3 I got my $ in bad on the river, and felt sick each and every time.
By an amazing coincidence, after reading the first two hands, I discovered this was a bad beat rant post and stopped reading.
Also, last two hands are from 400NL, when I moved up to chase my losses. Worked in the past, didn't work tonight.
Don't play out of your bankroll, the losses don't hurt nearly as much.
OK, go play tournaments.Get those coolers on the bubble, maybe to go out in 10th. They hurt just a bit more than ones in cash games.
Yes, esp because you have to sit around for so fking long to try and make the money (multiple hrs) only to bubble out and loose the entire buy in :club:

that's a rough day, but if it makes you feel any better, i set a personal (and quite possibly world) record by losing with 6/6 sets flopped in NLHE today. i recommend you follow my suit and drink half a bottle of vodka and chase it with half a bottle of wine.

Same here man, after winning $1500, i went on a 7 buyin downswing where the beats were just sick. Everything that could go wrong, did..Lost twice in a row with AA vs KK, set over set, sets getting drawn out by two pair and straight, getting AK vs KQ and having the Q hit the river with all the money going in on the flop. It can lead someone to lose one's sanity very quickly.