Aq...you Know I Hate You, Right?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 (t1480)MP1 (t795)MP2 (t1410)MP3 (t1430)CO (t1510)Button (t2335)Hero (t1540)BB (t1500)UTG (t1500)Preflop: Hero is SB with Aclub.gif, Qheart.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls t20, MP2 calls t20, 3 folds, Hero completes, BB checks.Flop: (t80) 8diamond.gif, 2spade.gif, Qspade.gif(4 players)Hero bets t80, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls t80.Turn: (t240) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets t200, MP2 calls t200.River: (t640) Qclub.gif(2 players)Hero bets t320, MP2 raises to t640, Hero calls ?Comments on all streets including river obv.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)BB (t1460)UTG (t1560)UTG+1 (t1440)MP1 (t1650)MP2 (t1100)Hero (t1470)CO (t2120)Button (t1360)SB (t1340)Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Qspade.gif, Adiamond.gif. 4 folds, Hero raises to t100, 2 folds, SB calls t90, 1 fold.Flop: (t220) Qheart.gif, 8heart.gif, Tspade.gif(2 players)SB checks, Hero bets t160, SB raises to t360, Hero ?Final Pot: t740

Sorry to continue posting AQ hands but all 3 happened within 3 minutes of each other.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)MP2 (t1500)MP3 (t1490)CO (t1700)Hero (t1370)SB (t1480)BB (t1500)UTG (t1400)UTG+1 (t1300)MP1 (t1760)Preflop: Hero is Button with Aclub.gif, Qspade.gif. 2 folds, MP1 calls t20, 1 fold, MP3 calls t20, CO raises to t120, Hero calls t120, 2 folds, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.Flop: (t310) Qdiamond.gif, 6club.gif, 3diamond.gif(2 players)CO bets t240, Hero calls t240.Turn: (t790) 9club.gif(2 players)CO bets t1340 (All-In), Hero folds.Final Pot: t2130

Hand 1: CallHand 2: This one worries me. Definately call, but proceed carefully. Likely a huge draw, but J9 is in his range.Hand 3: You gotta call/push that one. Your smooth call on the flop told him that you are on the flush draw, and he is trying to chase you away with that turn bet. I put him on AQ, KQ, and maybe even QJ.

This also depends on what stakes the tournaments are. If they are 10+1 tournaments, your strategy will be much different than if it is one of the 5+.50 "donkaments" as BeaverStyle so eloquently puts it.1. You have to call that. Raising is a bit too risky. The play fits a low wired pair perfectly, so you genuinely have to be afraid that someone spiked trips. Another possibility is that the other guy is also holding a queen. Again, that fits perfectly. He could also be on a flush draw, and is just being a donk on the river, or, strangely enough, could be sitting with an 8 or 9. In these low-stakes tourneys, you never know. Folding is too tight, and raising is too risky. Call.2. This one is a little trickier, and depends highly on what happens on future streets. Honestly, I don't think that the check/raise means too much. You took the lead pre-flop, and lots of players will make this exact play with top pair to get a few extra chips rather than lead out. This one is HIGHLY stake-dependent. If it is a higher level, you have less to worry about because you can mostly rule out J/9, Q/10, 10/8, and Q/8. At lower stakes, though, you might be in trouble if a donk spiked a miracle on you. Because it's still so early in the tournament, the only way that you're going to know what he has for sure is by re-raising. If you call, he's probably going to bet again on the turn, so you're in just as bad shape. Folding would be really tight, and a loss of equity in the long run because you are still beating K/Q, K/J, and A/10 with a flush draw. Honestly, this one is up to you. Either re-raise him back if you're dying to know what he has, or call and wait to see what he does on the turn. If he checks, pounce on him. If he shoves all-in, then and only then might you consider folding. If he throws out a smallish bet, call again and hope to check down the river or call a third value bet. This is indeed a sticky situation because the board is somewhat dangerous, but going broke with TPTK in a donkament is plenty fine. If they called with something stupid and have you dominated, so be it. Type in "gg" and hop into another one.3. CALL!!! Come on, that fold is a horrible play. What are you worried about? A set? He can't have 2 pair... not even the idiots at the low-stakes PStars tables would raise with a hand that has 2 pair. The turn bet is an overbet, and people really don't make that with sets. This guy either has top pair as well, likely with a king or jack kicker, or he is completely bluffing. That river bet is total crap... at these low stakes, people will make that bet with almost any top pair because they think that it is invincible, and before I learned common sense and read poker books, I would make that bet as a bluff all the time. Call, and bust that guy!

This also depends on what stakes the tournaments are. If they are 10+1 tournaments, your strategy will be much different than if it is one of the 5+.50 "donkaments" as BeaverStyle so eloquently puts it.
You really think there's a difference between an $11 and a $5 tourney? lol

Yeah, I actually do. I played both a $10 180p, and a $5 180p, and the play was MUCH different. In the $5 one, the field was down to 64 players after the first hour. In the $10 one, there were still 94 left. I think that's a pretty big difference. Fewer donks in the $10 ones, and more tight players.

Yeah, I actually do. I played both a $10 180p, and a $5 180p, and the play was MUCH different. In the $5 one, the field was down to 64 players after the first hour. In the $10 one, there were still 94 left. I think that's a pretty big difference. Fewer donks in the $10 ones, and more tight players.
I've played a couple of $20 180's before. After one hour, I've known over 100 players to be left in, and I've known it be down to less than 70. You need a big sample size before you can say anything significant.
Hand 1 Raise PF, if he still leads that flop reraise, if hes still in slow downHand 2 Call, if a non-heart non-straight hits, push the turn, otherwise foldHand 3 Raise PF, ok, ok, push
I agree, though in reality, I play #2 faster.