Best Non-poker Movie Titles That Should Be Poker Movies?

THE GODFATHER Phil Hellmuth pushes Doyle Brunson too far. What does Doyle do? He sends his soldier/son Michael...er... Todd Brunson to go make Phil an offer he can't refuse. Old School Howard Lederer doesn't understand why he sucks. He gives up poker and starts a fraternity at a local college. He then sleeps with tons of college girls. Hey, why do you think his nickname is bubba?! Yeah, guys. Two words: Python Shaft!Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Daniel Negreanu goes on a hall of fame drug binge and goes to play the main event. He then redefines "the maniac on my left" when he proceeds to bite off the ear of the man to his right after he raises. Being John Malkovich Teddy KGB plays a 4 online poker tournaments while getting online poker head. Everyone once in a while he talks like Teddy KGB for the crowd's amusement.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - Young Johnny Chan Mike the Mouth gets bluffed too many times and pulls out his 45! (offsuit no less)
Looks about right to me.

Cast AwayTom Hanks isolates himself in an island doing nothing but playing online poker [wireless internet connection/ laptop with solar energy system - all made from shells and sand].There is a 50 minute sequence without any lines, just him playing poker.After a while his girlfriend [and the rest of the world] considers him dead. He is sloppy and has awful hair/ beard. Eats junk and is so alone he begins to lose it [ie. talking to his card protector Wilson].After a long streak of bad variance [at a certain point he considers suicide], he decides to leave the island. As he returns to the 'real world', he starts to see all non-poker things in a different way.

Cast AwayTom Hanks isolates himself in an island doing nothing but playing online poker [wireless internet connection/ laptop with solar energy system - all made from shells and sand].There is a 50 minute sequence without any lines, just him playing poker.After a while his girlfriend [and the rest of the world] considers him dead. He is sloppy and has awful hair/ beard. Eats junk and is so alone he begins to lose it [ie. talking to his card protector Wilson].After a long streak of bad variance [at a certain point he considers suicide], he decides to leave the island. As he returns to the 'real world', he starts to see all non-poker things in a different way.
we are lucky this thread is too good for a post like this to ruin it. Good day sir.I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

True Grit-- Our hero ventures into the depths of Bellagio, only to be repulsed by the challenge of the Duke's toejammessing up the chips so that they stick together. Will our protagonist prevail?

this is the funniest topic I dont think I could do one as good as everyone elses but ill tryAces Cracked- A story about a young internet pro who was announced as the greatest player who ever lived for 8 years. One day he gets jumped in a parking lot and had brain trama which made him loose his skill and some other functions as well. He goes broke and becomes a male prostitute to get a seat in the Intergalactic Poker Tour and rise back to the top

Leaving Las Vegas A crazed bus driver on a rampage forces Gus Hansen back to Europe, will the Great Dane return to overcome the odds?Analyse This Chris Ferguson David Slansky and Paul Phillips star in this gripping in depth look into the math behind the game.Walk The Line The Stu Ungar Story (get it)Misery Mike Matusow the life, the times and "how bad I run at Poker".Men Of Honour What started as a friendly game of golf developed into an international fued. Watch the drama unfold in this riveting tale between two continents. Will certain parties continue to welch,or will they be............ MEN OF HONOUR? Starring Phil Ivey and Ram Vaswani.

Muppets Take Manhattan three goofy, lovable internet players make their first foray into the underground cash games of New York.Mr. Smith Goes to Washington Gavin's (mis)adventures as a Capitol Hill lobbyist to repeal the online poker ban.

Dumb and DumberThe outrageous exploits of Antonio Esfandiari and Phil Laak as they trek across the US in hopes of returning a suitcase of money back to its original owner. They end up playing cards with random people along the way and lose all the dough. Jennifer Tilly's hoots make a cameo appearance

I think "Three Men and a Baby" just might take the cake. But there are just so many good ones to choose from.<tears welling up> You all make me so proud. So very proud.:club: Here's one more:Honeymoon in Vegas - The prequel to gmanshade's thrilling trilogy, "Honey, Look What I Got You For Our Anniversary!" (Part I), "Honey?" (Part II) and "What, I Don't Get It" (Part III).

The Lord of the Rings: Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari stars as Blowdo, a Deep Dish lovin' playboy who swarms & conquers in an effort to Hot Wire with the Baby's.12 Angry Men: Men "The Master" Nguyen voices his outrage when the tournament director tries to squeeze 3 more players on to his already full table.

CarrieA frumpy woman comes of age when she learns how to color up her white chips into red byshove/soaking her stacks up into her nether regions.Ridiculed by her peers, she vows revenge by spewing fire-breathed sarcasm at every passingteenaged-boy who has a styrofoam cup hanging from his mouth.After leaving everyone an emotional wreck, she meets many of her victims again in hell, where they string her up, and teach her how to color up from white to brown...over and over for all eternity.Warning, not suitable for children under 13. :club:

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas Daniel Negreanu goes on a hall of fame drug binge and goes to play the main event. He then redefines "the maniac on my left" when he proceeds to bite off the ear of the man to his right after he raises.
Sounds like the stu unger story.

VIVA LAS VEGAS: The story of how Carlos Mortenson wins the WSOP main event & the WPT championship within a 5 year span.JAWS: Phil Hellmuth, Mike Matusow, & Tony Guogo all make the final table of a WSOP event. "I can dodge bullets, BABY"-Phil "You call yourself a professional poker player"-Tony " NO, NOOOO, NOOOOO, WHY DOESS THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME"- MikeTHE EXORCISM OF BRANDI ROSE: A young girl ventures into the dark pitfalls of the poker world, where she and her back are encountered by the EVIL Capt. Tom Franklin.MIGHTY DUCKS : How Paul Magrill (sp) wins the main event with his patented "QUACK, QUACK" deuce/deuce hand.

some kevin smith movies.Dealers aka clerks, just because they serve you doesnt mean they like you. HallRats aka Mallrats. Two guys who hang out at poker hallsChasing amy: A man chasing the queen of heart on the river (Q :club:=amy)Jersey girl: A female verison of DN who wears hockey jerseys A bit of a stretch but kevin smith needed a mention

Talladega Nights. Long after the checkered flag as been waved, one grease monkey dreams to be the real king of the race and take home the gold in the high stake world of Flipaments.Nutcracker. Runner Runner never hurt so bad.

The Devil's Rejects: The story of David Ulliott's botched attempts at four-finger rings.X-Men:A team of transgender female poker players take the poker world and the LIPS tour by storm.Blade: The Elix Powers story. "He called me with Jack high, so I cut that motherfucker!"

"Anger Managment"starring : Mike Sexton as Jack Nicholson Mike Matusow as Adam SandlerAfter not repeating at the Tournament of Champions, Mike Sexton offers to take Matusow under his wings and become roomies to talk about and fix the Matusow Blowup.

Tin Cup Starring Nutzbuster - A tale of bad beats, mucking winning hands and repeatedly getting metaphorically kicked in the balls. Throw in a real kick now and then by a neglected girlfriend for extra flavour.With this role NB you could re-coup some of your losses and more. I get 15% for the idea. :club:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------All the Kings Men In the 50's, in Louisiana, the smart populist, manipulative hustler Willie Stark (Phil Hellmuth) is pwning the lower social classes with sooted connectors and making sure they know it. He joins a team composed of his bodyguard and friend Sugar Boy (David Benyamine); the young hotshot who just can't say no to a Jumbo Squishy; the bluffer Tiny Duffy (Mike Matusow); who can't stop laughing when all his chips are in;and his mistress Sadie Burke (Kathy Liebert); who can't figure out why she is in love with Tiny, to face the opposition of the upper classes. (DN, DB, PI, JH et al.) When the influent Judge Irwin (Greg Raymer) supports a group of politicians in their request of banning online poker, Stark assigns Jack Handy(Shahram Sheikhan) to find some dirtiness along the life of DN, leading to a tragedy in the end.

Up in Smoke - An overconfident BalloonGuy moves to Vegas to put his poker theory into action and soon discovers that you're not allowed to smoke cigars in the pokerroom.Free Willy - Captain Tom finds another unsuspecting two bit whore to make his moves on, but soon discovers that an open rain coat on the streets of Vegas only gets him a night in jail.
Sorry Fig, just saw this, <insert witty comeback here>

Scent of a Woman - An aging poker player discovers a universal tell in his female competitors.Chasing Amy - A newbie discovers the pitfalls of chasing the ass-end of a queen high straight.Braveheart - Sometimes you just need to push on a flush draw.

Then there are the musicals:Annie Get Your Gun - The would-be poker phenom sister plots to kill her legitimate poker-God brother but dies from hepititis induced by a really bad tramp stamp tatoo.Miss Saigon - Biopic of any number of female asian poker players or John JuandaOklahoma - 90 minutes of watching an empty poker table slowly become molded and rotten - crickets chirping as audio track