What Is The Skill Difference In Higher Stake Levels?

I started playing $10 9 seater sit n go's and was doing very well so I moved up to $20. I have been doing very well at the $20 level too, making about $1000 profit over about 250 9 seater sit n go's. My long term goal is to be a winning player at the $100 level. Do you think this is possible? How big is the skill difference, are the players at the $100 level that much better? I am moving up to $30 or $40 very soon.

Between 20 SnG's and the 100's?The critical thinking skills are about twofold stronger, the abstract assesment ability is about the same increase in magnitude as that of critical thinking and the overall pressure and gamble is about 1.5X greater.I'd hazzard a rough guess and say the game $ 100 SnG is 1.75X the quality of gameplay that you will find at $20. You will find players on 100 SnG's who are pretty good but not monsterously so. You will still have to play good poker, but at $100, you can't play ABC anymore. If you're moving through the levels quickly, you won't really hit many speedbumps at the $100 levels.Step up a few more levels and it's a different world.

Between 20 SnG's and the 100's?The critical thinking skills are about twofold stronger, the abstract assesment ability is about the same increase in magnitude as that of critical thinking and the overall pressure and gamble is about 1.5X greater.I'd hazzard a rough guess and say the game $ 100 SnG is 1.75X the quality of gameplay that you will find at $20. You will find players on 100 SnG's who are pretty good but not monsterously so. You will still have to play good poker, but at $100, you can't play ABC anymore. If you're moving through the levels quickly, you won't really hit many speedbumps at the $100 levels.Step up a few more levels and it's a different world.
Do you mean that it is a different world trying to get to the $100 level or it is a different world once you move up past the $100 level?

A few more levels above the $100 level and you're playing the same game in a different world.

Or....put more simply....Math.jpgaaaaaaaaaaaaand SCENE! :club:

I wouldn't know about the 100's from personal experience...but ive heard from several winning players that the skill level isnt that much better. They all say there are less donks but still plenty of people who just play awful.

I've found that at the mid-higher levels such as $100-$500 the players are much worse. I've done so much better at those levels then I ever did at the lower ones $10-$50. Go beyond the $500 though and you get into a whole new world and play some real poker. I'd say give it a shot. I mean, you are playing poker, it's gambling no matter how you dice it. So, take the gamble and go for it once or twice if it doesn't hurt you. Scared money don't win money. I took the chance on my BR a few weeks ago and havn't looked back since. I'm also a moron