We were initially shooting for April... ...that got moved to May... ...May didn't work, how about June?Nope - looks like August.I LOVE hot weather, so that doesn't worry me. Are there Summer deals that can save some us some bucks? Are the crowds down in Summer? Is the action still good at the Poker Tables?

I just booked a Thursday-Monday at Harrah's for the opening of the main event in July. $525 US per person flying out of Buffalo. That a good enough deal for you?

Vegas hotel rates vary wildly for seemingly unpredictable reasons. MGM was 350 a night a couple weeks ago, 110 a night weekdays 160 a night weekends in June/July and can be as little as 59 a night. A lot of it has to do with conventions and other non-obvious events drawing a crowd. Oddly enough WSOP doesn't seem to draw enough of a crowd to drive up rates.As for the weather in the summer ... it's always the same temperature in the poker room.

Vegas hotel rates vary wildly for seemingly unpredictable reasons. MGM was 350 a night a couple weeks ago, 110 a night weekdays 160 a night weekends in June/July and can be as little as 59 a night. A lot of it has to do with conventions and other non-obvious events drawing a crowd. Oddly enough WSOP doesn't seem to draw enough of a crowd to drive up rates.As for the weather in the summer ... it's always the same temperature in the poker room.
exactly, i went to vegas a week ago and it wasduring a convention and the sahara was up to $300 a night but when i went at the start of the ME last year I got the mirage on Fri and Sat night for $125 without the poker ratecrazy

The KEY to Vegas in the summer is a GREAT POOL!Great Pool properties are...Mirage, Bellagio, Wynn, Caesars, Mandalay Bay and the Hard Rock.Honorable mentions are Flamingo, Venetian and the Palms.(There's also Daniels back yard pool extravaganza, but sadly it is booked thru the next millennium. :club: )Obviously most of the properties have pools, but the ones above are the best.Have fun!

...and it wasduring a convention and the sahara was up to $300 a night but when i went at the start of the ME last year I got the mirage on Fri and Sat night for $125 without the poker ratecrazy
Dude, some of those conventions are h-u-g-eIn terms of people, the WSOP doesn't really rate.