Daniel To Ps Rumor

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pokerstars is really pushing hard advertising wise in Canada lately. They are one of the biggest advertisers on playoff hockey on both CBC and TSN. I doubt they will sign him. If they do I sure hope this site stays intact as far as the blog and the forums. I also saw on POKERNEWS.COM he just signed a deal with a cell phone company to do videos for there phones. Dudes gotta pay his mortgage :club: .

Pokerstars is really pushing hard advertising wise in Canada lately. They are one of the biggest advertisers on playoff hockey on both CBC and TSN. I doubt they will sign him. If they do I sure hope this site stays intact as far as the blog and the forums. I also saw on POKERNEWS.COM he just signed a deal with a cell phone company to do videos for there phones. Dudes gotta pay [[his mortgage]] for strippers and blow :club: .
FYP

I was sent the survey.It asked a number of questions, almost half of them specifically about DN. (my perception of him, would I trust a site where he played, would I want to chat with him, play against him, get tips from him, etc.)Don't know if it means he's getting signed.

http://www.pokernews.com/The story in the blue rumour section has you in negtoiations with major pokersites. ussually poker rumours are just that rumours, but pokernews has a good track record when they post something like that. I congradulate you on getting a major endorsement deal. But I would like to know what the future of this forum and your blog is.TY
Where's the link direct to this "validity?"
pkernews is ussually pretty responsible when it posts items in its rumour section and I cant remember when they have been wrong.
pkernews is ussually pretty responsible when it posts items in its rumour section and I cant remember when they have been wrong.
The direct link?
Direct link?
Since it's already been linked in this thread and you can't seem to find it, I'll just post the text.
Free Agency Still Alive and Well For The Biggest Names:We hear that top player and proud Canadian Daniel Negreanu has been in talks with several major online poker rooms about becoming an endorsee. Daniel has traditionally shunned such deals, opting to have his own online poker room, Full Contact Poker, and focusing his endorsement star power there. Industry lips are flapping that any potential deal would include a ‘safe landing’ for the players currently at FCP, not dissimilar to how the players on Doyle’s Room were handled when Doyle chose to leave the U.S. market. According to our sources, the phone has been ringing, and Daniel may make a move soon.

I don't speak for Daniel, cause he won't return my phone calls, or emails, or PMs.but if I did this is what I/he would say;FCP forum and blogs is a seperate entity from the poker site. It was around long before the poker room, and it's only connected in name. This site is a fun place that he enjoys, and no matter how much it cost for Daniel to keep this running, he will gladly pay it so people like Balloon guy can continue to pretend people care what he thinks about anything.Thanks for coming.....don't eat meat!

I don't speak for Daniel, cause he won't return my phone calls, or emails, or PMs.but if I did this is what I/he would say;FCP forum and blogs is a seperate entity from the poker site. It was around long before the poker room, and it's only connected in name. This site is a fun place that he enjoys, and no matter how much it cost for Daniel to keep this running, he will gladly pay it so people like Balloon guy can continue to pretend people care what he thinks about anything.Thanks for coming.....don't eat meat!
I <3 U.

So the rumor is DN might sign an endorsement deal with PokerStars?We aint going to become the PokerStars Army now are we????Man I am going to buy up those FCP hats now, they'll be worth tens of dollars in about 40 years.I actually got excited when I first saw this, though Daniel was moving to Palm Springs. Figured I'd turn him into a cigar smoker inside of 3 weeks

Let's see, he could go to Absolute Poker with Annie....Ok, how about going to PS with Greg Ray....ok.Then there's FT, with pals Ivey, Lindgren, Harman, and such. If this actually does happen, and I were betting on which of the 3 main sites he'd land, my choice would be clear.

Let's see, he could go to Absolute Poker with Annie....Ok, how about going to PS with Greg Ray....ok.Then there's FT, with pals Ivey, Lindgren, Harman, and such. If this actually does happen, and I were betting on which of the 3 main sites he'd land, my choice would be clear.
Ive actually noticed that pokerstars isnt advertising using Greg Raymer anymore. There commercials say become a WSOP champion like Chris Moneymaker and Joe Hachem, no mention of Greg Raymer. Full Tilt would make more sence, but how many pros can they afford to have? And he has "enemys" at Tilt aswell with Lederer, Ferguson and Ram.
Why would what his friends endorse have an influence on his decision? They haven't appeared to have influenced him in the past when he has made decisions about online poker. It is a business decision pure and simple and I'm assuming he'd make any decision based on business factors. Not saying he wouldn't go down the path of FT for example but do you really think hypothetically he would knock back a deal worth say double to go to another site that compared favourably in other areas?
Why would what his friends endorse have an influence on his decision? They haven't appeared to have influenced him in the past when he has made decisions about online poker. It is a business decision pure and simple and I'm assuming he'd make any decision based on business factors. Not saying he wouldn't go down the path of FT for example but do you really think hypothetically he would knock back a deal worth say double to go to another site that compared favourably in other areas?
I agree. I'd imagine he could get a much better deal with poker stars than with tilt. Tilt already has some of the best/most known players in the game: Ivey, Matusow, Harman, etc. Stars hasn't ever had a real poker star (Hachem is just starting to become one). I'd think Stars would offer him a nice deal where tilt would probably offer him the same as Cunningham, Benyamine, Harman, Juanda, and the list goes on-and-on. My 2 cents...