Thanks to all for the support. I took the asvab back in high school and only got a 91. I talked to them then as well, but I loved my skank *** woman. But now I couldn't get into nuclear if I wanted to due to my eyes and apparently you have to have a near perfect credit report and no tickets of any kind and no infractions with law enforcement to go nuclear, and yes, that includes speeding tickets. so no to that for me.And yes, every little detail that I told you guys about is in my contract.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

did you make sure those aren't reqs for counter intelligence?I went this route, took the tests scored well, but I had a super minor criminal record and they were unsure about it. So I didn't go.GL, be safe. I know how you feel I'm looking for that thing that makes sense to do as well. Hope this is it for you.

Best part of joining the navy while the US is at war with Iraq... Iraq is landlocked woo hoo party on the ship!!! But honestly good luck and thanks for doing what you're doing.
Didn't do so hot in geography at school. Close to landlocked, but certainly not landlocked.Also over 10,000 US sailors/marines were just doing war game exercises within range of Iranian anti-ship cruise missiles last month.
They used to tell everyone that they qualified for nuclear sciences. I guess counter-intelligence is the hook now.Thanks for doing this Ray. Good luck sir.
My thoughts exactly. Good Luck though.
And yes, every little detail that I told you guys about is in my contract.
This is what I was going to ask, but you beat me to it. If there's one absolute truth in life, it's that military recruiters lie. Take everything they say with a grain of salt, and get every detail backed up in writing. That being said, good luck to you, seems like you got a decent enlistment deal there and I probably would have taken it too. Thank you for your service, stay safe, best of luck.
Gambling is expressly (sp?) forbidden in the navy on base or ship. But while I'm at my school in pensacola, that won't be too far from New Orleans poker rooms.
Gambling is forbidden, but it still happens. Not much to do in the gulf. Just don't be stupid about it. What rate are signing up as?

As an 11 year Navy vet, let me congratulate you. Hope your a$$hole isn't to burnt from all the sunshine the recruiter was blowing up there. The Navy is a job. Nuff said. This was obviously made for you!!!You know you want to watch it!!!If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

As an 11 year Navy vet, let me congratulate you. Hope your a$$hole isn't to burnt from all the sunshine the recruiter was blowing up there. The Navy is a job. Nuff said. This was obviously made for you!!!You know you want to watch it!!!If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.
Wow. What an incredible video, I'm in tears laughing so hard! What the hell are they all doing up dressed as indians and other stuff?And good luck OP, stay safe.
Wow. What an incredible video, I'm in tears laughing so hard! What the hell are they all doing up dressed as indians and other stuff?And good luck OP, stay safe.
Hello??? The Village People!!!!
Well guys. I think an update is needed.Im going in the navy. I recently broke things off with my fiance, and whilst having a good job and all, I kept feeling a need to change and do something different. I love poker but don't want to take that chance, regular work seems so mundane, I didn't know what to do.Out of the blue about 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from Chick-Fil-A and saw the Navy recruiters office. I stopped off, talked to the guys, and they said I had to take some test (ASVAB). I took it, and got a 98. When they called me back saying they had my results, here was the offer on the table:6 Year Committment Active Duty (2 Years after as reserve)Any job I want, and they said with my aptitude they want me in Counter-Intel.Only 6 months aboard a ship every 36$45,000 Enlistment bonus$1,300 a month (to start) with room, meals, health insurance, dental.Full payment for my graduate work, and an additional amount in my monthly pay for going to school.If I want to live off base I can and they pay for my rent (amount depends on area).$125,000 Re-Enlistment bonus if I resign for another 6 after first tour.Ya think?? That's what I thought. I have never been happier in my life since I got my first blowjob. lol. I ship out in two weeks. Just wanted to let people know!!!
uh huh...yep, that's what they told me sir. no really, they did, and all that....well, no sir, I don't have it in writing, all I have is this standard enlistment contract that doesn't say anything more then me and 6+2. No sir, I'm not kidding....you mean, they didn't mean it.GL
Well guys. I think an update is needed.Im going in the navy. I recently broke things off with my fiance, and whilst having a good job and all, I kept feeling a need to change and do something different. I love poker but don't want to take that chance, regular work seems so mundane, I didn't know what to do.Out of the blue about 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from Chick-Fil-A and saw the Navy recruiters office. I stopped off, talked to the guys, and they said I had to take some test (ASVAB). I took it, and got a 98. When they called me back saying they had my results, here was the offer on the table:
Sounds cool. I have a few questions/comments for you.
6 Year Committment Active Duty (2 Years after as reserve)Any job I want, and they said with my aptitude they want me in Counter-Intel.Only 6 months aboard a ship every 36$45,000 Enlistment bonus
Wow, that's really high. What rate are they offering you? By your description it sounds like one of the CT ratings. Or maybe IS.
$1,300 a month (to start) with room, meals, health insurance, dental.Full payment for my graduate work, and an additional amount in my monthly pay for going to school.If I want to live off base I can and they pay for my rent (amount depends on area).
Are you married or have any kids that you take care of? Because the only way that you'll get money for rent is if you have dependents or you are an E5 or an E1-E4 with 4 or more years of service.
$125,000 Re-Enlistment bonus if I resign for another 6 after first tour.
What rate is this? I'm looking at the SRB list right now, and it tops off at $75,000. Unless a new list came out very recently. Of course it changes all the time, so by the time you reenlist it could be higher or lower. Just keep that in mind.
Ya think?? That's what I thought. I have never been happier in my life since I got my first blowjob. lol. I ship out in two weeks. Just wanted to let people know!!!
Good luck. The first 2-3 weeks of boot camp suck the worst, but you get used to it. It's actually kind of fun near the end when you get to do firefighting and weapons firing.
What rate is this?
When I got out of the Navy 4 years ago, there was a guy from the Teams(SEALS), and he was getting out to make a buttload more money working for the gov't(go figure) Anyhow he was telling me it was upto 100K but only for the SEALS, and for 6 more years
The first 2-3 weeks of boot camp suck the worst, but you get used to it. It's actually kind of fun near the end when you get to do firefighting and weapons firing.
If you make it to Service week,you got it made.
When I got out of the Navy 4 years ago, there was a guy from the Teams(SEALS), and he was getting out to make a buttload more money working for the gov't(go figure) Anyhow he was telling me it was upto 100K but only for the SEALS, and for 6 more years
Yeah, I'm not sure how this works anymore since the SEALS and SWCC have their own ratings now. They don't have a source rating. So if you sign up for SEALS and don't make it, which is most likely, then what? Would you end up undesignated or do you get another A school?

Thanks for your service! You're going to love counterintelligence: a perfect match for a poker player. :club:

"working for the government" + 100K (only for SEALs) + 6 more years = Special ops overseas in one of the intelligence services. Just a hunch.