Well guys. I think an update is needed.Im going in the navy. I recently broke things off with my fiance, and whilst having a good job and all, I kept feeling a need to change and do something different. I love poker but don't want to take that chance, regular work seems so mundane, I didn't know what to do.Out of the blue about 2 weeks ago, I was driving home from Chick-Fil-A and saw the Navy recruiters office. I stopped off, talked to the guys, and they said I had to take some test (ASVAB). I took it, and got a 98. When they called me back saying they had my results, here was the offer on the table:6 Year Committment Active Duty (2 Years after as reserve)Any job I want, and they said with my aptitude they want me in Counter-Intel.Only 6 months aboard a ship every 36$45,000 Enlistment bonus$1,300 a month (to start) with room, meals, health insurance, dental.Full payment for my graduate work, and an additional amount in my monthly pay for going to school.If I want to live off base I can and they pay for my rent (amount depends on area).$125,000 Re-Enlistment bonus if I resign for another 6 after first tour.Ya think?? That's what I thought. I have never been happier in my life since I got my first blowjob. lol. I ship out in two weeks. Just wanted to let people know!!!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best of luck and stay safe......hell of a thing to do in order to change the pace of things...why not get a dog?
What dog can I get that'll make me $45,000 richer just for buying it??
What dog can I get that'll make me $45,000 richer just for buying it??
A drug sniffing dog! duh...and they want you for counter-intelSeriously though, I understand the money is a big bonus but that is 6 years where you are not in control of what happens and are in a very dangerous occupation during a dangerous time.

YES!! Good Luck Man!I recently left my job, applied to school, Got accepted. now debating if i want to go back to school, or what i want to do exactly. maybe even start my own businessbut i left a 50k a year job designing, just because i was sitting there 1 day, and thought to myself, jesus christ, is this my life? I'm still too young to be worried about retirment.I dont want to live by my pay check, i want to LIVE damn it, so i watch the documentary "The Secret". and hellz ya, I'm making moves now babyAnd if you have any doubts. Just click this linkhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOv6_sTioXA

Seriously GL to you and I am grateful for what you are doing.I just hope you aren't doing this for the "money" b/c it really is basically pennies based on the commitment you are making.

Seriously GL to you and I am grateful for what you are doing.I just hope you aren't doing this for the "money" b/c it really is basically pennies based on the commitment you are making.
No. It's not the money. It's nice, trust me, but I don't even get access to it for 16 months, due to the fact that I gotta complete basic training and my first 14 months of my "A" school.I just want to have excitement in my life for once. I'm sick of the 9-5 daily grind.
GL sir and thank you.Hopefully you can make some side money playing poker against fellow enlistees.
Gambling is expressly (sp?) forbidden in the navy on base or ship. But while I'm at my school in pensacola, that won't be too far from New Orleans poker rooms.
Gambling is expressly (sp?) forbidden in the navy on base or ship. But while I'm at my school in pensacola, that won't be too far from New Orleans poker rooms.
Ha, never would have thought, but that makes perfect sense I think. Did you ask them? "So, uh, you guys have some pretty good games going or what?"Again, gl!

They used to tell everyone that they qualified for nuclear sciences. I guess counter-intelligence is the hook now.Thanks for doing this Ray. Good luck sir.

Thanks for your impending service!Seriously...make sure you have in writing "whatever job you want" before going in. I was in the army during the first desert storm and was given "choice of bases" to be stationed at. I ended up in Kentucky.My choice?I think notj/sHave fun and stay safe. You'll meet some of the best life long friends while serving your country.Congrats.

Last year, when I graduated high school, the Navy guy called me and asked to come over. I was only slightly interested so I said yes. They made a pretty convincing arguement and had me seriously considering it, but instead I went to college. But I got a 99 on my test. LOL POORLYHIDDENBRAGPOSTAMENTSglgl dude. Thanks for your service.