Best Monitor For Poker, You Cant Go Wrong With This One

Bose headphones are decent but they merely sell on name recognition alone. Sennheiser headphones are better. As for monitors, I like my Gateway 24". I read a lot of reviews on monitors before upgrading. The Samsung are pretty decent, but, eh... just decent. I need to buy a new corner unit so I can get a second Gateway monitor. Then it's on.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not wireless, they're the Bose QC3sQuietComfort3_1.jpgthey can be used wireless if you just want to cut out noise, but there's a spot to plug your cord in to go to your ipod, etc. QC3s are like $350 or something and the QC2s (around-ear fit, slightly bigger) are somewhere around $275-$300. I highly recommend the qc3s. will def last a long time and be a good investment.JC Alvarado uses them, they gotta be good.
Studio headphones plugged into an iPod look retarded.Shure and Ultimate Ear both produce superior products that are IEMs. Shure has one for like $500 that allows you to switch over to an external mic so you don't have to remove your noise cancelling IEMs if you want to hear someone talking.
Yeah... well guys, I don't mean to show off or anything, but I just picked up this bad boy last week.apple2.jpgGuy in the store told me it was pretty top of the range.
Does that come with Number Munchers and Oregon Trail?
Studio headphones plugged into an iPod look retarded.
you look retarded.i don't see how you could possibly say something bad about the qc3s when they're one of the top headphones that poker players own right now.

Sick monitor from the OP. I've been looking into something similar on Newegg.Have to agree with how nice-looking those wireless headphones are. I've always been led to believe that ear buds(like the standard i-Pod ones) can be detrimental to your hearing long-term. Not to mention that they're uncomfortable used over an extended period of time... at least for me.

Yeah... well guys, I don't mean to show off or anything, but I just picked up this bad boy last week.apple2.jpgGuy in the store told me it was pretty top of the range.
The people in my office just thought I was crazy because I started laughing my a$$ off when I saw this.Very nice.
thats nice man whats the contrast ratio on them?
there is no industry standard when it comes to contrast ratio, it's a pretty worthless statistic.
NumberMunchersScreenshot.jpgI was awesome at this game and Fraction Munchers in 5th grade. We had just gotten Apple IIGS and they were the bomb diggity. There was a cool game we used to play back then too that dealt with growing crops. You decided how much sun, water, food, etc the fruits and vegetables got and they would either grow or die. I can't think of the name of the game. Ahh to be 10 again.

Hey I just wanted to clarify that I wasn't implying that pic I posted was my set up. All I did was post the pic. That set up is a well known pic that has been posted here before. I'm not that stupid to try and 'pass it off' as my own. I replied with the Jolt Cola pic when someone posted how would you concentrate because I thought it was funny....no need to rush to judgement people. But I do have twin 24 inch Dell flat screens side by side :club:

you look retarded.i don't see how you could possibly say something bad about the qc3s when they're one of the top headphones that poker players own right now.
Nice comeback.1. Try reading some reviews because you'll see there are superior headphones and IEMs out there2. I'm saying something bad about studio headphones plugged into iPods in general. The people wearing them look retarded. I'm sorry if they are your heroes.

There's something subtle that makes my setup occasionally -EV. Can you spot it?multitable.jpg

Ummm....How old is your version of Windows?
it's probably xp. You can change the appearance and theme to "Windows Classic" so it's simple looking and not as flashy like all the newer version of Windows come. I usually keep everthing on mine set to the windows classic style for simplicity sake.