Buffalo Vs New York

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hopefully the Rangers team that dominated the "Thrashers" will show up Friday night.I wouldn't hold my breath Serge. I think Avery woke up the Lion with his comments and he will have no chance taming it.

LOL Drew Stafford owns Jagr there.
That was great, I backed it up to show my fiance, and just as I started it my mother called to say how funny it was. Way to play the puck Jaromir. Way to play the puck. GG boys, now do that 3 more times.
Yes you can. You can put it in with any part of your body. You just cant kick it in, or bat it in...
Sure you can.
OK, fair enough, it seems the guys in the War Room agree with you.However, my take is that a goal in hockey is scored with your stick, unless you unvoluntarily knock it in with another part of your body.A voluntary chest, or head, or shoulder would then be a no-goal.Not saying I'm right, I just thought that was the rule before tonight...

When I was in like tyke hockey, I was playing on the point, and the puck was sitting in the crease... so I made a b-line for it, and tripped on the way, slide into the net, and knocked the puck in with my head. It counted.:club:

Good game Buffalo fans...However its a long series...Rangers looked good at times, however Buffalo exploded again with their offensive prowess...Good game...

Good game Buffalo fans...However its a long series...Rangers looked good at times, however Buffalo exploded again with their offensive prowess...Good game...
Jagr is so disgustingly strong on the puck, if he elevates his game a notch or two the Sabres are going to have real trouble with him I think. Should be a good series.
Jagr is so disgustingly strong on the puck, if he elevates his game a notch or two the Sabres are going to have real trouble with him I think. Should be a good series.
Yeah he looked amazing at times..The Sabres need to win their home games as Rangers are much tougher at home.

GG.Buffalo was clearly the better team. Key to game 2 from a Ranger point of view is to stay out of penaly box. Side effect of so many penalties is that Jagr and company were off the ice for long stretches. From all the discussion from Buffalo's 4th goal, is it now my understanding that if you deliberately direct the puck with any part of the body except your glove or your skate it is a goal? I thought it was any part of your body. Chest, head etc. If that is the case, you learn something new every day.

Yeah he looked amazing at times..The Sabres need to win their home games as Rangers are much tougher at home.
I am a Ranger fan and disagree. I think the Rangers desperately need to win Friday night. I think we lose the series in 5 if Sabres go up 2-0 and give them a free roll at MSG.
GG.Buffalo was clearly the better team. Key to game 2 from a Ranger point of view is to stay out of penaly box. Side effect of so many penalties is that Jagr and company were off the ice for long stretches. From all the discussion from Buffalo's 4th goal, is it now my understanding that if you deliberately direct the puck with any part of the body except your glove or your skate it is a goal? I thought it was any part of your body. Chest, head etc. If that is the case, you learn something new every day.
You can direct the puck in with your skate too, you just can't make a kicking motion.
You can direct the puck in with your skate too, you just can't make a kicking motion.
I am sorry I did not make myself clearer. I fully understand the rule with the skate. My question is this. Can you deliberately direct a puck in using say your helmet??
I am sorry I did not make myself clearer. I fully understand the rule with the skate. My question is this. Can you deliberately direct a puck in using say your helmet??
Yes, you can direct it in with your helmet.

From what I've understood it was never a question of the league having a problem with a player using any part of his body or equipment to direct a puck in (other than hands), including by kicking it in, but they felt that allowing to kick a puck in would create a safety hazard as they would generally be kicking it in or around the goalie and throwing skate blades around in a kicking motion is hazaradous for goalies so they've banned it.If it didn't pose a threat to goalies, however, I think kicking it would be allowed.

From what I've understood it was never a question of the league having a problem with a player using any part of his body or equipment to direct a puck in (other than hands), including by kicking it in, but they felt that allowing to kick a puck in would create a safety hazard as they would generally be kicking it in or around the goalie and throwing skate blades around in a kicking motion is hazaradous for goalies so they've banned it.If it didn't pose a threat to goalies, however, I think kicking it would be allowed.
They definitely don't want any more Clint Malarchuk incidents.Not for the faint of heart.
Big game tonight. Let's go sabres.
They definitely don't want any more Clint Malarchuk incidents.Not for the faint of heart.
Big game tonight. Let's go sabres.
I'd never actually seen the footage before. Ugh.
I'd never actually seen the footage before. Ugh.
I vividly remember when that happened, don't really need to click the link for a reminder. I much prefer thinking about Clint's return at the end of the season, one of the greatest moments in the history of the old Aud.
I vividly remember when that happened, don't really need to click the link for a reminder. I much prefer thinking about Clint's return at the end of the season, one of the greatest moments in the history of the old Aud.
One of the sickest things I have seen happen on the ice as far as vidoe footage. Unbelievable that he survived.
One of the sickest things I have seen happen on the ice as far as vidoe footage. Unbelievable that he survived.
Hats off to the trainers from both teams and the EMT crew that attended to him, they're the reason he lived through it. The Buffalo trainer reached his fingers into Clint's neck and pinched off the bleeding long enough to get him sewed back up by the doctor. If not for that, he would have died, he fully believed that he was going to die.
Here's an excellent article about the incident, I think I posted it before but some might not have read it yet. http://www.letsgosabres.com/pressbox/fulls...hp?newsid=10240
My first time seeing that article. It's sad how things like that have to happen to put people's lives in perspective.
My first time seeing that article. It's sad how things like that have to happen to put people's lives in perspective.
I'm just glad the incident led to mandatory throat protection for all NHL goalies, so it's unlikely that an incident like this could ever happen again. I'm sure you saw the part in the article about how an international league goalie died from a similar incident...scary stuff.