Live, 9 handed 1/2 NL game at the Peppermill in Reno. Don't remember all the details so some of the things may not be 100% accurate. The important information should be correct though.Stack sizes:Hero: ~500Villian: 407I had a somewhat LAG image. Had raised a lot of pots with a variety of hands recently. Not many of my hands got to showdown though. Villian is relatively TAG, although he does limp in a lot preflop, so he's somewhat loose. I hadn't seen too many of his hands go to showdown, as we hadn't been at the table together too long and hadn't tangled in too many pots together. At an earlier table together he bluffed into my wife, firing two bullets, she called. Overall though I hadn't seen him get out of line. Villian (UTG+1) Limps, Two Limpers in between, Hero raises to 12 with Js9s, BB calls, villian calls, CO calls.Pot: 49Flop: Jd 9c 10sBB checks, villian bets 25, CO folds, Hero raises to 100, Bb folds, villian callsPot: 249Turn: 5dVillian (quickly) moves all in, Hero?I started to talk to him and he seemed very confident. I asked for a count and he was having no problems handling his chips. I asked if he had KQ and he said "probably. there's a 74% chance I have KQ." I asked if he had a set of 9s and he said he hadn't thought about that one. Is this really a tough decision or am I reading too much into it?

I fold. This looks like a set (killing 2 outs for the boat redraw, possibly drawing dead), rarely a flopped straight. All i can think of that we are ahead of is something like QQ (KK, AA possible), maybe QJCalling all ins with top2 is diiiirty, esp on a drawheavy board such as this

First, you don't remember all details, yet the villain had $407?Interesting. :club: Also, fold on the turn.
Hahaha, I know. I just figured that out because I remembered the bet sizes and went backwards from there. What do we put him on that would play like this? Is there anything that would call the flop raise and then open push the turn? Also, is my flop raise ok, or would a flat call perhaps work better to keep the pot small on such a scary board?

Whatever, so I thought for forever and couldn't think of a hand that would call the flop raise and then move in the turn on such a scary board that I could beat. I knew that he thought I had an overpair and thought I'd pay him off so I figured it was either a set, kq, maybe j10, or a suicide bluff. So I told the guy I'd pay him $10 if he could show me a bluff and I folded face up. Two people fainted at the table, telling me how bad I play. He turned over AKo. Hahahaha. Phil Helmuth can dodge bullets, I can dodge people throwing their entire stacks at me.

after this hand, you're still up money on the day. I assume the max is only 200. and u'll be just under 400 so its no sweat off your back.Just take a breath and smile, and play your strong hands the exact same way, eventually these idiots pay you off huge.

after this hand, you're still up money on the day. I assume the max is only 200. and u'll be just under 400 so its no sweat off your back.Just take a breath and smile, and play your strong hands the exact same way, eventually these idiots pay you off huge.
I actually bought in for 300, but was still up a little. I was pretty surprised to be bluffed on a board like that, but I wasn't worried. I just wanted to make sure that my laydown was straightforward because some at the table were pretty shocked that I mucked such a strong hand. I just couldn't see a hand I could beat without it being a big bluff, or MAYBE a big draw (Ad10d, Kd10d, etc). Weird hand.
I actually bought in for 300, but was still up a little. I was pretty surprised to be bluffed on a board like that, but I wasn't worried. I just wanted to make sure that my laydown was straightforward because some at the table were pretty shocked that I mucked such a strong hand. I just couldn't see a hand I could beat without it being a big bluff, or MAYBE a big draw (Ad10d, Kd10d, etc). Weird hand.
People say don't make big laydowns face up. This clown is going to pay you off sooner or later. He cain't hep imseff.
People say don't make big laydowns face up. This clown is going to pay you off sooner or later. He cain't hep imseff.
Oh, I usually don't. I just did it to ensure that I got to see his hand. Plus I keep track of all the information I give out voluntarily and use that against people later (because I'm awesome, see AK post above).
Oh, I usually don't. I just did it to ensure that I got to see his hand. Plus I keep track of all the information I give out voluntarily and use that against people later (because I'm awesome, see AK post above).
I dont get why people show big laydowns. Why would you want people to bluff you more? If I folded this I would fold it face down and if he showed and asked me what I had I would say 88 or something and just say that there wasnt enough in the pot. Is this thinking wrong?
I dont get why people show big laydowns. Why would you want people to bluff you more? If I folded this I would fold it face down and if he showed and asked me what I had I would say 88 or something and just say that there wasnt enough in the pot. Is this thinking wrong?
Why would I want people to bluff me more? Because I feel confident enough to catch them most of the time. As long as I realize what I'm doing and why I'm doing it, and then I adjust my game accordingly I don't mind. Plus, I wanted to see the other guy's hand and when I show my hand he feels somewhat more compelled to show his. I feel like I can do more with the information he gives me than he can do with the information I give him.

I'll admit that was the last hand I expected him to have here, lol.My first thought was that he had some sort of pair/draw combo, then improved to a flush draw on the turn, and thought that that meant he should just go all in. If he had a good made hand, like a set or a better two pair, I really can't see him jsut calling on the flop and letting an 8 or a Q roll off on the turn for free. I was going to say call before I read the results, and run it twice, cuz he has a big draw. But yeah don't worry about it cuz you can easily get all of his money later, if he is playing recklessly like that. As for the guy who said, don't worry cuz you were still up on the day, you shouldn't think like that. As a cash game player, you shouldn't worry about how you're doing in each individual session, because poker is one big long session, where you can't be making mistakes just because, you're up on the day. Pay attention to that Mike Caro/David Sklansky bullshit, it's kind of true, lol.

I was going to say call before I read the results, and run it twice, cuz he has a big draw.
Yeah, I thought AdQd when I first read this.