Official (haha) Im High Thread

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never posted in this thread because me doing so would be redundant. Sigh, in the words of Pharcyde, 'my lungs are black and shrivelled up like raisins.'
do you use a vaporizer? when I realized that I probably did not have the will to quit until I have kids, I switched to the vapo full time and the results have been awesome. same enjoyment without the mucus/coughing/sore throat. only downside is it eats thru your supply faster.
do you use a vaporizer? when I realized that I probably did not have the will to quit until I have kids, I switched to the vapo full time and the results have been awesome. same enjoyment without the mucus/coughing/sore throat. only downside is it eats thru your supply faster.
No, not regularly, but I agree they are awesome. I'm a cig smoker too, so I'm f'd either way. If/when I quit that though, switching to a vaporizer would seem like the smart way to go. Besides, I'm too much of a fan of the 'process' of smoking, if that makes sense.If I switched to a vaporizer, my supply would actually prob last longer because I couldn't smoke while driving/at work. Speaking of which, weee break in 10 min. :)On a complete side note, I smoked some of that salvia stuff after seeing a thing on the news about it a few months back toting it as a 'legal alternative to pot'. I watched stupid kids on youtube smoke it and trip out, but all it did to me was make me feel like I was about to have an anxiety attack and break out in sweat from pretty much every pore in my body. So, yeah, I have like an ounce of this crap if anyone wants it lol.
No, not regularly, but I agree they are awesome. I'm a cig smoker too, so I'm f'd either way. If/when I quit that though, switching to a vaporizer would seem like the smart way to go. Besides, I'm too much of a fan of the 'process' of smoking, if that makes sense.If I switched to a vaporizer, my supply would actually prob last longer because I couldn't smoke while driving/at work. Speaking of which, weee break in 10 min. :)On a complete side note, I smoked some of that salvia stuff after seeing a thing on the news about it a few months back toting it as a 'legal alternative to pot'. I watched stupid kids on youtube smoke it and trip out, but all it did to me was make me feel like I was about to have an anxiety attack and break out in sweat from pretty much every pore in my body. So, yeah, I have like an ounce of this crap if anyone wants it lol.
salvia sucks. tried some in san fran once. I felt nothing, my wife tweaked. never again for that crap. I am too paranoid to smoke in the car anymore. I just end up worrying the whole time about being pulled over.the process of smoking makes complete sense....for many people the ritual is just as relaxing as the drug itself. I used to be that way but my wife got my into vaporizers when we visited amsterdam.
salvia sucks. tried some in san fran once. I felt nothing, my wife tweaked. never again for that crap. I am too paranoid to smoke in the car anymore. I just end up worrying the whole time about being pulled over.the process of smoking makes complete sense....for many people the ritual is just as relaxing as the drug itself. I used to be that way but my wife got my into vaporizers when we visited amsterdam.
I think the paranoia of being pulled over keeps me in check while I'm driving. I know that when I'm dry, or on the way to hook up or something, I def drive more agg. I love going on long burn rides in the back roads etc. Edit: and plus, not to say cops profile a lot or anything (lol), but as a clean cut white male driving a late model bmw, I feel relatively safe in regards to police attention. :club:
I think the paranoia of being pulled over keeps me in check while I'm driving. I know that when I'm dry, or on the way to hook up or something, I def drive more agg. I love going on long burn rides in the back roads etc. Edit: and plus, not to say cops profile a lot or anything (lol), but as a clean cut white male driving a late model bmw, I feel relatively safe in regards to police attention. :club:
I have been pulled over soon after smoking in the car before and I managed to get away with it. Being a very very clean cut looking white kid.....probably helped me too.I am having a bad back day and I downed two darvocets at lunch. I am a mess. I have just stopped working because it would be irresponsible to do legal work in this state. Flying high.....
I have been pulled over soon after smoking in the car before and I managed to get away with it. Being a very very clean cut looking white kid.....probably helped me too.I am having a bad back day and I downed two darvocets at lunch. I am a mess. I have just stopped working because it would be irresponsible to do legal work in this state. Flying high.....
I think the general mentality of law enforcement in California towards pot (esp Northern) makes me a little less worried as well. Plus, being a cig smoker tends to overpower any other smell.I've never been a big fan of pain meds, but then again, I don't have a bad back.
I think the general mentality of law enforcement in California towards pot (esp Northern) makes me a little less worried as well. Plus, being a cig smoker tends to overpower any other smell.I've never been a big fan of pain meds, but then again, I don't have a bad back.
the pain meds definitely work in terms of helping a real injury. I was in so much pain this morning that I had trouble getting dressed. Now my back and leg (my back problem is a disc injury which means that the real pain is in my sciatic nerve running from my left hip to my left foot) feel great. Only problem....the rest of me feels a little too great. I am legitimately stoned at work. It is interesting to say the least. I was just in a quick 10 minute meeting about an appellate case and I could not tell you even the gist of what was talked about.
the pain meds definitely work in terms of helping a real injury. I was in so much pain this morning that I had trouble getting dressed. Now my back and leg (my back problem is a disc injury which means that the real pain is in my sciatic nerve running from my left hip to my left foot) feel great. Only problem....the rest of me feels a little too great. I am legitimately stoned at work. It is interesting to say the least. I was just in a quick 10 minute meeting about an appellate case and I could not tell you even the gist of what was talked about.
LOL, that's right you are a lawyer aren't you? That would def be interesting.I worry about my back in regards to golf, because since I have always been tall and slender my ability to make a full turn easily has always been a strength in my swing. Last time I played I felt a twinge in my lower back on my left side (right handed) after hitting balls on the range, it really made me feel tenative during the round.Speaking of golf/pot, my short game has a tendecy to go to shit but I can get in a nice groove with my swing and lock it in. Putting is def hit or miss when high though, very streaky.
LOL, that's right you are a lawyer aren't you? That would def be interesting.I worry about my back in regards to golf, because since I have always been tall and slender my ability to make a full turn easily has always been a strength in my swing. Last time I played I felt a twinge in my lower back on my left side (right handed) after hitting balls on the range, it really made me feel tenative during the round.Speaking of golf/pot, my short game has a tendecy to go to shit but I can get in a nice groove with my swing and lock it in. Putting is def hit or miss when high though, very streaky.
I used to enjoy sneaking a bowl during a round of golf although I can enjoy myself sober too. I have not played in months which is sad. I am not quite a lawyer (just finished my 2nd year of law school) but I am clerking for a boutique law firm in coral gables this summer and I need to make a good impression. So trying to stay away from being stoned....although a majority of the actual lawyers are out today doing depositions so I can get way with it.
I used to enjoy sneaking a bowl during a round of golf although I can enjoy myself sober too. I have not played in months which is sad. I am not quite a lawyer (just finished my 2nd year of law school) but I am clerking for a boutique law firm in coral gables this summer and I need to make a good impression. So trying to stay away from being stoned....although a majority of the actual lawyers are out today doing depositions so I can get way with it.
Heh, I started down the steps of pre law but realized I really didn't want to go to law school. :)What are the Florida state laws like in regards to marijuana?
Heh, I started down the steps of pre law but realized I really didn't want to go to law school. :)What are the Florida state laws like in regards to marijuana?
if you are caught with anything under 20 grams it is a misdemeanor and you will probably get off with a fine and maybe probation. and I never have more than that in my possession ever so I know they cant try to railroad me into an "intent to distribute" farce.problem is that even a simple misdemeanor for pot possession would make my chances of being certified by Florida's Bar Association (or any other Bar association) very very difficult. So I really go out of my way to only use in my own home.
if you are caught with anything under 20 grams it is a misdemeanor and you will probably get off with a fine and maybe probation. and I never have more than that in my possession ever so I know they cant try to railroad me into an "intent to distribute" farce.problem is that even a simple misdemeanor for pot possession would make my chances of being certified by Florida's Bar Association (or any other Bar association) very very difficult. So I really go out of my way to only use in my own home.
I believe Cali it's 28 grams, or an ounce. They def will try the 'intent to distribute' farce though; empty baggies, too much cash (not good for poker playing pot heads), etc.How is the quality in Florida? The climate seems too humid for outdoor growth, or at least most of the year, so is it mostly indoor?
I believe Cali it's 28 grams, or an ounce. They def will try the 'intent to distribute' farce though; empty baggies, too much cash (not good for poker playing pot heads), etc.How is the quality in Florida? The climate seems too humid for outdoor growth, or at least most of the year, so is it mostly indoor?
The quality in Florida is top notch from my experiences.
The quality in Florida is top notch from my experiences.
As a Northern California pot snob, I am always wary of what people consider top notch. You are from Canada though aren't you? That should give you a valid comparison I suppose, though a lot of the BC crap that makes it's way to Cali is sub par. I have had very good pot from Canada though, but a vast majority of what is exported, or tried to be passed over as being from Canada, is marginal.Like anywhere, you are better off being a local as far as getting the real quality for the region.
As a Northern California pot snob, I am always wary of what people consider top notch. You are from Canada though aren't you? That should give you a valid comparison I suppose, though a lot of the BC crap that makes it's way to Cali is sub par. I have had very good pot from Canada though, but a vast majority of what is exported, or tried to be passed over as being from Canada, is marginal.Like anywhere, you are better off being a local as far as getting the real quality for the region.
They try the empty bag thing on people all the time. such a joke....and it rarely sticks although they often use it as leverage to make someone accept a community service plea bargain.Florida has a wide swath of good and bad.....but the good is very good. I have sampled stuff from Amsterdam and also used to use NYC delivery service product on a regular basis. I have also had plenty of north cali stuff so I feel comfortable comparing them.Most of the best stuff here is indoor stuff for sure.....but we get some intriguing outdoor stuff from Jamaica too. I would give Florida a B+ whereas Cali product I would give an A-.Amsterdam blows everything out of the water.
They try the empty bag thing on people all the time. such a joke....and it rarely sticks although they often use it as leverage to make someone accept a community service plea bargain.Florida has a wide swath of good and bad.....but the good is very good. I have sampled stuff from Amsterdam and also used to use NYC delivery service product on a regular basis. I have also had plenty of north cali stuff so I feel comfortable comparing them.Most of the best stuff here is indoor stuff for sure.....but we get some intriguing outdoor stuff from Jamaica too. I would give Florida a B+ whereas Cali product I would give an A-.Amsterdam blows everything out of the water.
As far as indoor etc, yeah they are the masters. At Cannabis Cup every year though growers from Humboldt or Mendecino counties (northern, northern cali) usually take down top outdoor accolades. Then again, that might have changed over the last few years. I just can't see them having the climate to compete in the outdoor category.Jamaican pot is probably similar to Hawaiian...People always talk about maui wowie, which also is pretty marginal in the grand scheme of things. I'm sure it was really good back in the day, but growers are way too good at what they do now, and that climate makes it hard to grow good quality pot year round.My fav strand ever though was a batch of white rhino that originated from Amsterdam. Sad that I come close to salivating thinking about it now.

Was just perusing this thread and heard the talk about salvia. Here's my take:I heard about it in high school from some of my friends (having not really experienced any drugs at all yet). It sounded fun, but I didn't try it until last year. We found out that the local piercing shop sold it, and it was about $35 for a little bag that you might find a spare button in when you find a new pair of jeans. Pricey, yeah.I took the first leap of faith, loaded up a bowl and took a hit. The rush was instant, but my first hit just produced a very warm feeling about my whole body, and I also began to sweat. I also thought I had instantly become the funniest person in the world. My peers were looking at me waiting to gauge my reaction, and I was talking about how I just felt really warm and hot. I made jokes like "I can buy salvia instead of a winter coat.. I'll be walking around in 20 degree weather in shorts and no shirt.. and they'll be like 'who's that guy'".. Really, I thought I was the funniest guy in the world, when I was just being silly/stupid.Sooo, I took another hit and had, well, different results. As soon as you take a hit you kinda feel tingly and like your body is melting. The next thing I know I can see my friends all standing on different tall grocery shelves, and me trying to climb up to get to them. Next, I was the grocery shelf. About then I came to it and realized I had just tripped my ass off. According to my friends, it last about three minutes. I didn't know when it began, because you don't really know you're tripping until you come down (at least that was my first experience).Next, my friend did it, and he was awesome. We see him waving at the corner of the room and saying things like "Donald Duck is so right over there. OMG, donald duck!" When he came to he told us he was directing a disney movie, LOL.Anyways, cliffnotes for the rest. My girlfriend was a fish and was caught by a fisherman, I did it again and became a schoolbus. The next few times I jsut felt tingly and warm. Different effects on different people IMO. Still fun to at least try, but definitely not a replacement for weed.Oh, I also JUST found out (after two years), that my neighbors sell weed. Figures we're moving out in august.

We found out that the local piercing shop sold it, and it was about $35 for a little bag that you might find a spare button in when you find a new pair of jeans. Pricey, yeah.
Wow, you got hosed. I got an ounce of normal strength + a few grams of 20x or something for 50 bucks or thereabouts. I got it off salviadragon.com though, not through any of the local head shops. All that means though is that I'm stuck with an ounce of crap that I don't want.The tingling/melting thing seems accurate to what I felt. I described it as the feeling you get when your hand falls asleep, and then feeling it spread all over your body. Mentally I was a bit out of it for a few minutes, but that felt more like anxiety then a trip, and that was partly because the gf was staring at me to see my reaction, and under the influence of that stuff it made me uncomfortable. It reminded me of right after you do nitrus and people are looking at you, and you almost feel like you are supposed to say or do something. So, like all drugs, it just causes your mind to play tricks on you.I didn't hallucinate like people claim too, but I've never been a visual hallucination person, even back in the day when I did acid or shrooms from time to time.
Wow, you got hosed. I got an ounce of normal strength + a few grams of 20x or something for 50 bucks or thereabouts. I got it off salviadragon.com though, not through any of the local head shops. All that means though is that I'm stuck with an ounce of crap that I don't want.The tingling/melting thing seems accurate to what I felt. I described it as the feeling you get when your hand falls asleep, and then feeling it spread all over your body. Mentally I was a bit out of it for a few minutes, but that felt more like anxiety then a trip, and that was partly because the gf was staring at me to see my reaction, and under the influence of that stuff it made me uncomfortable. It reminded me of right after you do nitrus and people are looking at you, and you almost feel like you are supposed to say or do something. So, like all drugs, it just causes your mind to play tricks on you.I didn't hallucinate like people claim too, but I've never been a visual hallucination person, even back in the day when I did acid or shrooms from time to time.
Yeah, I'm sure I got hosed. I'll pay good dollar for new experiences though. The reason I wanted to try salvia was because I wanted to try a hallucinogen, but not be tripping for like 12-24 hours if I didn't like it. Acid and shrooms peak my curiosity, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to try them. My friend said he did acid and it lasted almost 22 hours, and he hated it.The longest drug I've tried was a very very very very (quarter pound of weed in 35 cookies) potent weed cookie. It lasted about 19 hours and I was ****ing stupid high.
My guy says the good shit is in from Canada. I'll get back to you guys, right here, in a few days with a full report.
typical Canadian propaganda.rd----those are some strong cookies! no surprise you were a mess.fwiw, I lived next door to my pot dealers for one year in college. it's a potentially destructive situation. you are probably better off.
typical Canadian propaganda.rd----those are some strong cookies! no surprise you were a mess.fwiw, I lived next door to my pot dealers for one year in college. it's a potentially destructive situation. you are probably better off.
I wouldn't consider myself a pothead, really. I got through an eight in maybe 3-4 weeks if I smoke more than usual. It's just convenient, really, because my old dealer was pretty flaky. And yes, they were strong cookies. To top it off, I had no previous experiences with weed food before. I ate half of it, felt nothing, so continued eating. Little did I know it takes longer to hit you and lasts a ton longer (especially that potent). I was literally sitting on the couch and drooling for a few hours. My friends said I couldn't make coherent sentences. One of them got a video on his phone and held it over my head for a few days. That is, until I got a hold of his phone, deleted the video, and replaced his wallpaper with a picture of my balls.
Yeah, I'm sure I got hosed. I'll pay good dollar for new experiences though. The reason I wanted to try salvia was because I wanted to try a hallucinogen, but not be tripping for like 12-24 hours if I didn't like it. Acid and shrooms peak my curiosity, but I'm too much of a chicken shit to try them. My friend said he did acid and it lasted almost 22 hours, and he hated it.The longest drug I've tried was a very very very very (quarter pound of weed in 35 cookies) potent weed cookie. It lasted about 19 hours and I was ****ing stupid high.
With any drug like acid, shrooms, etc, the atmosphere you are in will go a long way in defining your experience. The brain is such a wonderfully complex organ, it's interesting to see how it reacts when you throw a wrench in it so to speak lol. A few times I did acid I was in very fun/happy places with friends, and I had a ball; the last time I did it, I ended up spending a lot of time in a dark room and it was a _lot_ different experience.I've had good and bad experiences with shrooms as well, and like with acid, it seemed the bad were always when I was in stressful environments.Cookies are fun; one of the benefits with the medical marijuana clubs in Cali is the huge selection of edibles they have available. Personally I think my gf does a wayyyyyy better job making pot cookies and brownies, but their selection kicks ass. Pretty much any kind of cookie, brownie, candy bars, sodas etc etc.