Best Poker Room In Vegas For Mid Week Action?

ventian was pretty good aswell for 1/2 nl. and they treat even 1/2nl players really well in terms of comps.
They do $1/hr, not treating any better than anyone else, lol.Though I hear Venetian is the shiznit and all... Also heard the new TI room is doing everything possible for their players there. Most of their managers even post on the AVP forums. Seems like a good bunch.... Plus $2/hr comps there. I'll be trying both in a couple weeks.

The TI room is 1/3/NL, it doesn't sound like much but it is a bigger game than you'd think. Plus you have to listen to that dude "announcing" the final table of the tourney if you are there at the end of the tourney.Caesars has good 1/2 during the week, as does Venetian. Or you can play 8/16 limit at Venetian for $1 rake!Off the strip a bit, but Santa Fe Station has several 1/2 games going often, and there are a lot of fish there.

The TI room is 1/3/NL, it doesn't sound like much but it is a bigger game than you'd think.
TI is also $500 max buy-in vs MGM 1/2 with 200 max buy-in. TI will likely only have a table running from late afternoon til early morning. MGM will have multiple tables running 24/7.

If you enjoy deep stack low stakes, Caesar's 1/2 with $500 buy in and excellent table service was nice.Plus, their tourneys give a decent amount of play for the dollar.

The TI room is 1/3/NL, it doesn't sound like much but it is a bigger game than you'd think. Plus you have to listen to that dude "announcing" the final table of the tourney if you are there at the end of the tourney.Caesars has good 1/2 during the week, as does Venetian. Or you can play 8/16 limit at Venetian for $1 rake!Off the strip a bit, but Santa Fe Station has several 1/2 games going often, and there are a lot of fish there.
Caesars is 1/3 now also. And good luck finding that 8/16 game.
TI is also $500 max buy-in vs MGM 1/2 with 200 max buy-in. TI will likely only have a table running from late afternoon til early morning. MGM will have multiple tables running 24/7.
A bigger max is a bad thing? And don't think i'm putting down either of those other rooms, but just trying to say there's options. I haven't played either of the 3 yet. So i'm not particularly biased. Just saying from a service perspective, TI has impressed me, which will at least get me in there to check it out.

1/2 with 500 buy in is pretty good game. It just allows donks to bluff off bigger pots...

Sack up and play 2/5nl. Plays just as bad as 1/2.
$500 max 2/5NL at Bellagio plays like a well funded $100 max game anywhere else, because its the lowest NL spread there. I had a great time mopping that game up, nearly recouped all my losses for the week in one session at Bellagio. Sadly, I didn't discover how sweet it is until my last day in Vegas, I mistake I won't be making again when I go back in September. I'd love to take a few shots at 5/10NL but I don't have the roll for it, so that'll have to be "last day" or sheer profit gamboooling.
1/2 with 500 buy in is pretty good game. It just allows donks to bluff off bigger pots...
True.... Except Caesars is now 1/3. Not that it really matters. $500 is 500.And I don't care what people say, it's not a bigger game because of the blind difference. Raises will still be 12-20 pf, same as with 1/2. In fact I hear the Wynn peach chip game plays a little smaller because people bet in 3's instead of 5's.

Not saying a bigger max buy-in is a bad thing. I was just responding to the comment that 1/3 was a bigger game. I think the max buy-in makes a bigger difference than the blinds.I stayed at TI in Oct and the room was nice but dead. I only played a donkament there because I literally never saw a cash game running while I could play. Now granted I was there with the wife and my free time was more in the morning/afternoon when the room will tend to be slower anyway. From what I gather the room is picking up some steam which is a good thing. The staff is super nice and the room is very comfortable.

I just got back from Vegas 10 days ago, and I was impressed with TI for a small room. They seem like they're really making an effort to secure players. The managers/dealers were friendly and professional, and the $2/hr comp is a nice touch too. It's not the busiest room, but there should be plenty of action in the late afternoon/evening. +1 to whoever said the Caesar's smaller buyin tournaments allowed for some play. The best structures I found for <$100 tournaments.Any room should be pretty easy for 1/2 NL, so it's more what strikes your fancy. But MGM is a good choice.

Not saying a bigger max buy-in is a bad thing. I was just responding to the comment that 1/3 was a bigger game. I think the max buy-in makes a bigger difference than the blinds.I stayed at TI in Oct and the room was nice but dead. I only played a donkament there because I literally never saw a cash game running while I could play. Now granted I was there with the wife and my free time was more in the morning/afternoon when the room will tend to be slower anyway. From what I gather the room is picking up some steam which is a good thing. The staff is super nice and the room is very comfortable.
Ah, ok... definitely agree with you on stack size making more difference than that jump in blinds. And true about the traffic from what I hear, seems like 11am on it's got stuff going, but probably not much before that. We shall see.... 13 more days!!

Thanks for all the advice guys, It turns out that I didn't have as much time as I would have liked . I was only able to go to the MGM and play for an hour and half. It was a pretty easy game , I left $100 up, but wished I could have put in another 5 hours or so.