Somewhere in the second half hour of NBC's HU championship, one of the announcer girls went to Doyle who was sitting in the audience. She asked him why he wasn't playing, and he replied that "For the first time in 50-something years I've lost my passion for poker." At that moment the phone rang and I couldn't hear the rest clearly, but it sounded like he was said something about the "recent security events" having a lot to do with it. I think I heard that right. I wasn't sure if he was talking about some incident at a tournament, or if he was referring to all the online nonsense, which caused his site particular difficulty (I know because I was a regular there). Does anyone know anything more definitive about what he said and where he's at? It should go without saying that I was astounded to hear the great man say those words. :club:

• 4 weeks later...
Somewhere in the second half hour of NBC's HU championship, one of the announcer girls went to Doyle who was sitting in the audience. She asked him why he wasn't playing, and he replied that "For the first time in 50-something years I've lost my passion for poker." At that moment the phone rang and I couldn't hear the rest clearly, but it sounded like he was said something about the "recent security events" having a lot to do with it. I think I heard that right. I wasn't sure if he was talking about some incident at a tournament, or if he was referring to all the online nonsense, which caused his site particular difficulty (I know because I was a regular there). Does anyone know anything more definitive about what he said and where he's at? It should go without saying that I was astounded to hear the great man say those words. :club:
He was basically disapointed by all the recent Federal BS related to online poker.
I hope i'm remembering this right, wasn't it shanna hiat?!?!Don't you ever call shanna an announcer girl!!!!
  • 2 weeks later...

well he isn't alone with his thoughts... doyle's room left all their skins in a lurch... totally turned their backs on them. And if I had my name on something and then business was handled poorly, I'd be disgruntled too. He, as a figure head didn't have much to do with the day to day operations but I hope the gov doesn't try to get him or any of the pros who are lending themselves to online poker.