It was best of 5, and it was less of an upset than this I think... Golden state really dominated play about 3/4ths of the entire series.
I agree. If the Nuggets/Sonics series was the best of 7, I think the Sonic might have come back. It was a hard faught series and went 5 games. In Warriors/Mavs series the Mavs were on the defensive from the outset. I think Avery's decision to go small in game is one of the biggest coaching mistakes I've ever seen.The Mavs had a better record than the old Sonics team, a coach who just won Coach of the Year last season, and probably this season's MVP (which is painful to say at this point). This upset was huge.
  • Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the NBA doesn't re-seed between rounds, the Warriors should destroy the winner of Rockets/Jazz, unless Baron Davis' injury is more serious than his play indicated.
Destroy is a strong word here. First, the surprise element is gone. Either of those teams will be ready right at tip off in game 1. Second, the Jazz/Rockets will show way more heart and fight than the Mavs ever did in that series. Third, Baron Davis was absolutely on fire this series. He hit about 54% of his shots and 45% from the 3. Thats way above his normal averages. He's got to cool off at some point.The Jazz/Rockets should both be favored over the Warriors. The Jazz, with their quickness, would matchup better with the Warriors. The Rockets would have a tougher time.
Destroy is a strong word here. First, the surprise element is gone. Either of those teams will be ready right at tip off in game 1. Second, the Jazz/Rockets will show way more heart and fight than the Mavs ever did in that series. Third, Baron Davis was absolutely on fire this series. He hit about 54% of his shots and 45% from the 3. Thats way above his normal averages. He's got to cool off at some point.The Jazz/Rockets should both be favored over the Warriors. The Jazz, with their quickness, would matchup better with the Warriors. The Rockets would have a tougher time.
the whole warriors team should cool off. I have never seen a team can 3s like that for an entire series. Or maybe they just shoot that well. Personally, I am already praying for a Phoenix/Golden State conference final. The west is wacky. Imagine a whole series where the games end around 135-127. Awesome.
Pistons/Bulls winner vs Suns/Spurs winner.
I think Pistons will take the Bulls and go to the finals.With the Suns/Spurs series, I'm picking the Spurs. After dropping game 1, they easily handled a very good Nuggets team. I was impressed. While the Nuggets are no where the Suns caliber, they still like to run the floor. The Spurs managed to control the pace. They'll try to the same thing to the Suns which wont be easy, but if anyone can do it, its the Spurs. The winner of the Suns/Spurs should win the whole thing.BTW, everyone is hoping for a Warriors/Suns matchup, and I cant blame them. I'm gonna die laughing if it ends up being Rockets/Spurs and we see scores down in the 60s and 70s.

Chicago goes into Detroit and takes Game#1 and steals home court advantage. Chicago 94- Detroit 89Houston takes Game 7 at home by 5.Houston 96- Utah 91And play GS in the next rd.lets see how close i get to predicting this shizzle....anone one else wanna post their thoughts on Saturdays playoff matchups....

Well I guess if you're gonna lose, leave nothing in doubt. The Bulls did about everything possible to lose that game. On the plus side, they cant possibly play worse than that.

Great start for the Cavs. Sasha Pavlovic is really developing into a great player. Awesome dunk towards the end of the game that really turned the momentum towards the Cavs.At the end, with about 16 seconds left, the Nets were down by 4 but they didn't take it shot. They waited until about 4 seconds left before they took a shot. Why? They couldn't have gotten a 4 point play and why did they wait for so long to get off the shot?

The Cavs-Nets was a good game. But the Suns-Spurs game was awsome. That was a finals caliber type of game.I think the Suns trainer made a big mistake by not immediately taking Nash to the locker room to get stitched up and hopefully have him back out there. That was a huge gash. I'm very surprised the refs allowed Nash to take the floor again. IMO, under the rules, he should not have been allowed out there like that.

The Cavs-Nets was a good game. But the Suns-Spurs game was awsome. That was a finals caliber type of game.I think the Suns trainer made a big mistake by not immediately taking Nash to the locker room to get stitched up and hopefully have him back out there. That was a huge gash. I'm very surprised the refs allowed Nash to take the floor again. IMO, under the rules, he should not have been allowed out there like that.
Thats because this series IS the finals.
Well I guess if you're gonna lose, leave nothing in doubt. The Bulls did about everything possible to lose that game. On the plus side, they cant possibly play worse than that.
QFMFT!!What happened to those 5 turnover games? Must've had that in the first minute. So ugly.

It's funny that after that collision that Parker was the one on the ground, guess that proves Canadians are tougher than little Frenchmen. Was a great game though, just disappointing that Nash wasn't allowed in the game for the last crucial moments because of the cut. Guess that makes Parker the game MVP.All jokes aside, the Suns need to do a better job on guarding Parker on the pick n'roll's or they are going to have a real hard time winning this series. I'm betting this ends up being the best series in the playoffs.

So... what happened to the Bulls?
I don't think the Bulls are playing that bad as much as the Pistons are a well oiled machine. Inside, outside...BOOM! Defensive end they're a monster. If they can finish this in 5 and be fresh I dont' think Nets/Cavs will beat them. If THAT one ends up being a short series then they'll really compete with the team from the west. If the series drag on I like the west winner a bit more...I mean, unless it's like freakin Utah or GS.

Yeah the Pistons are sick. So are the Spurs. In terms of cold, calculating, precision. Both very experienced teams with no gimmicks. Unless the Cavs get deeper all of a sudden, don't be surprised to see the Pistons sweep all 3 rounds of the Eastern Conference. As far as TV ratings go, Spurs-Pistons is rating hell because both teams have been there done that, are defensive powerhouses and there's no real story to be told other than 2 teams that are hungry to cement their legacy as dynasties. Suns - Pistons I have to give the edge to the Pistons again, but it'll be a bit easier to watch. Half-court sets are nice to watch in small doses.

This was by far the best Cavs game of the playoffs. Cavs seemed to be down by 2 or 3 for most of the night, sometimes being up by 1. But the crown was always in it. Andy got some key rebounds at the end of the third, and the Cavs just took over during the fourth, winning by 10. This was truly a great game.

Wow LeBron showed up for the 4th quarter of a playoff game...Suns played really well on the defensive end against the Spurs last night, score one for D'Antoni making the adjustments needed to give the Suns the best chance to win. It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do to counter it. Marion sticking Parker and being able to single cover Duncan with the occasionally well timed double team could really swing this series in the Suns favor.

Wow LeBron showed up for the 4th quarter of a playoff game...Suns played really well on the defensive end against the Spurs last night, score one for D'Antoni making the adjustments needed to give the Suns the best chance to win. It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do to counter it. Marion sticking Parker and being able to single cover Duncan with the occasionally well timed double team could really swing this series in the Suns favor.
If the Suns keep winning you think Nash will keep the nose bandage even after it heals? New signature look?!