Help Setting Up Linksys Wireless Router

Can someone help me set this thing up? Ive done it before at my appt but now moved home and trying to set it up. I plugged everything in like I normally do and my laptop is picking up the signal and says it is excellent but I just can not connect.I am on my PC right now which is connected directly into the modem using a USB cable. Then I have an ethernet cable also attached to the modem going to the router. Ive used this router before so It is all configured and what not. Ive also tried going on that http"//192...... site that sets it up and still no luck.anyone ? anyone ? pleaseee

Can someone help me set this thing up? Ive done it before at my appt but now moved home and trying to set it up. I plugged everything in like I normally do and my laptop is picking up the signal and says it is excellent but I just can not connect.I am on my PC right now which is connected directly into the modem using a USB cable. Then I have an ethernet cable also attached to the modem going to the router. Ive used this router before so It is all configured and what not. Ive also tried going on that http"//192...... site that sets it up and still no luck.anyone ? anyone ? pleaseee
Hopefully this helps.....Linksys Forum FAQ Post
Your laptop might be picking up a neighbor's wifi. I'd check to make sure that I was connecting to the right router. Does your SSID look familiar?

Try upgrading the firmware on your router. This is my usual shotgun-in-the-dark attempt-to-fix-all go-to solution. Download the latest firmware for your router from the site and uploaded it onto the router.If that doesn't work, try unplugging and plugging your router back in.....Other than that, I've got nothing.(note: I know next to nothing about computers. Hopefully somebody who does can help more).

Try upgrading the firmware on your router. This is my usual shotgun-in-the-dark attempt-to-fix-all go-to solution. Download the latest firmware for your router from the site and uploaded it onto the router.If that doesn't work, try unplugging and plugging your router back in.....Other than that, I've got nothing.(note: I know next to nothing about computers. Hopefully somebody who does can help more).
In my experience with linksys routers, these two things fix most of the problems you run in to.