a critical thought to the evolution of poker

This is something that isn't really talked about too often and I would like to hear what other people think. Has all the ways to play the game been revealed? Or are we at the tip of the iceberg. I think this will be a good debate.Here are my thoughts on my blog, "Poker Moneyball."http://fullcowardpoker.blogspot.com/

Hmm...I'm thinking poker will run in swingsCurrently we're in the hyper TV era, kind of like the steroid era with tons of bad decisions being made dailyYears ago, we're in the dead ball era with lots of tight play before Doyle's poker revolutionWow...didn't even intend these baseball terms, lol

I haven't had nearly enough coffee yet tonight to be able to formulate a well thought out response to that; though I would say its worthy of one.Very interesting read sir. Nicely debatable subject matter. Also very well written I must say. Good work (I say that as if I am some sort of subject matter expert and what I say would matter *lol*).Damn I hate Phil Hellmuth's book though; since you mention it in the blog. Grrrrrrr. I know that wasn't the debatable topic you were going for though. Sorry.........

Has all the ways to play the game been revealed?Decades ago. Fortunately people are just as bad as learning them as ever and will continue to be that way forever. People still play slot machines when they're *guaranteed* to lose over the long term, what makes you think they're going to care that it happens to them in Holdem too?

It's an interesting topic, but how revolutionary can poker become? Folding to win a pot? Styles (tight, loose) can be debated...but I think revolutionary strategy should focus on outplaying an opponent, no whether tight or loose will win in the long run.

It's an interesting topic, but how revolutionary can poker become?  Folding to win a pot?  Styles (tight, loose) can be debated...but I think revolutionary strategy should focus on outplaying an opponent, no whether tight or loose will win in the long run.
just ask JFarrell