About Damn Time !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally speaking, child rapists tend to not live long if left in a prisons general population anyway, any sentence for them is generally a death sentence, now they are just wasting tax dollars making it a issue that was already being done without the paperwork.

Nice first move. Although I'd be more happy if it were for the first offense, not a repeat offense, and not only applicable to cases of children but to adult rapes as well.

Nice first move. Although I'd be more happy if it were for the first offense, not a repeat offense, and not only applicable to cases of children but to adult rapes as well.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not ready to lose Ron Mexico over one little roofie incident, okay?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I'm not ready to lose Ron Mexico over one little roofie incident, okay?
Doesn't count. You know you wanted it anyway, you just needed a little help along.
Doesn't count. You know you wanted it anyway, you just needed a little help along.
He likes it when I pretend to put up a fight.
Generally speaking, child rapists tend to not live long if left in a prisons general population anyway, any sentence for them is generally a death sentence, now they are just wasting tax dollars making it a issue that was already being done without the paperwork.
This is very true. I have friends that work in the prison system here in Ohio. They say that whenever they have an inmate thats a child rapist they have to keep a close eye on them. The other inmates might be criminals or murders but they still think people like this needs the death sentence. They say it usually takes a week or two but the person gets beat up quite often.

All the problems with the death penalty apply to this as well. Innocent people will be put to death in a racially biased way under laws like these and millions upon millions of tax dollars waisted, for what? so you can feel a little visceral rush of revenge? And I'm sorry, but child rape is not the equivalent of murdering someone, and should not have the equivalent punishment. child rape is horrid, absolutely disgusting. But the children, with love and support and therapy can grow up to live normal lives. When someone is murdered, you take away every thing that person is, and everything they are ever going to be. And for the viscerally inclined, child rapists have a very high prison morality rate, and their "prison experience" is often much, much more harsh than the average inmate, as guards and prisoners alike hold them with the utmost disdain, and make their lives absolutely hell, and often kill them. That should be more than enough to satisfy your vengeance fueled blood lust without having to waist more of my money trying to get them executed.

All the problems with the death penalty apply to this as well. Innocent people will be put to death in a racially biased way under laws like these and millions upon millions of tax dollars waisted, for what? so you can feel a little visceral rush of revenge? And I'm sorry, but child rape is not the equivalent of murdering someone, and should not have the equivalent punishment. child rape is horrid, absolutely disgusting. But the children, with love and support and therapy can grow up to live normal lives. When someone is murdered, you take away every thing that person is, and everything they are ever going to be. And for the viscerally inclined, child rapists have a very high prison morality rate, and their "prison experience" is often much, much more harsh than the average inmate, as guards and prisoners alike hold them with the utmost disdain, and make their lives absolutely hell, and often kill them. That should be more than enough to satisfy your vengeance fueled blood lust without having to waist more of my money trying to get them executed.
The death penalty is an arcane way of punishing the guilty. I agree that rape isn't as bad as the finality of murder but this statement is simply wrong. Kids like this will be affected for the rest of there lives and it will have bearing on every relationship they have. What the hell is normal anyway.
The death penalty is an arcane way of punishing the guilty. I agree that rape isn't as bad as the finality of murder but this statement is simply wrong. Kids like this will be affected for the rest of there lives and it will have bearing on every relationship they have. What the hell is normal anyway.
This statement is not false. "Affected" doesn't mean "ruined". Children are much more resilient than you would imagine, and there are many psychological studies that show the psychological damage caused by childhood sexual assault is no where near the public's perception. This is not to gloss over or dismiss how disgusting and horrible child rape is. It is both. However, I think people get particularly emotional about the issue because of the protective parental type feelings. They think " If my kid ever got raped, I'd kill that motherf*cker." However, state criminal statutes should not be based on the emotion of your child being victimized. On a personal level, there are a few things if done to me and my family that I would probably take mortal revenge on the person who did the crime, if given the opportunity. The raping of my child would be one of those things. However, state policy has to be divorced from that kind of emotion.
The bolded portion, I have to disagree with. How often does a victim of a childhood rape go on to live a normal life? Regardless of how much therapy they go through and how much love they're given, I highly doubt it's a high percentage. Are there exceptions? Of course, but the victims of these crimes will always have that stigma of being raped.I do agree 100% with everything else. Good post.
The bolded portion, I have to disagree with. How often does a victim of a childhood rape go on to live a normal life? Regardless of how much therapy they go through and how much love they're given, I highly doubt it's a high percentage. Are there exceptions? Of course, but the victims of these crimes will always have that stigma of being raped.I do agree 100% with everything else. Good post.
You are mistaken.. I know it seems counter intuitive, but the truth is that it is far less damaging than you would imagine. the studies show that while there is a higher chance for children who are victims of sexual assaults to have psychological disorders and issues like substance addiction and dangerous sexual behavior as adults, it is far, far from the majority of victims, and the percent difference between gen pop is much, much lower than you'd ever imagine. I don't remember the exact statistics, as it's been a while since the human sexuality and psychology courses I took in college. But if anyone wants to say, wager, that 50 percent of victims of sexual assault develop serious psychological disorders as adults, I'll take the under.Getting back to the issue, there's no way that the death penalty applied to child rapists will in any way be a deterrant. The vast majority of serial child rapists have severe psychological disorders and/or developmental disorders( IE they are Retards). IF the fear of a life of prison beat downs and perpetual fear of getting a shiv doesn't prevent them from acting on their sexually compulsive urges, the death penalty will not deter them either. Most sexual predators have severe compulsions they have little control over, and they need to be taken out of society for the general welfare. My college professorial adviser advocated chemical castration, making sex offenders take testosterone suppressants in order to kill their sex drives. In any case, the death penalty for something that is essentially a psychological disorder I think is absurd. The only reason to make it a death penalty offense is for revenge. And I'm sure that's fine with many people. I personally think old testament morality as a basis for the criminal justice system borders on barbaric. If you want to use the death penalty as a true deterrent, then you have to expand the death penalty to many more offenses than murder or child rape, and you have to execute the penalty swiftly and brutally. IE we have to take on an totalitarian criminal justice system, akin to China or the islamic world. In those countries, the death penalty is a deterrent, it's used to instill fear into the populace. I feel, in general, that the United States' criminal justice system is in some limbo between that of a modern free society and that of totalitarian society. Being on that kind of fence is no way to run a railroad, and just produces a vast prison system that doubles as a finishing school and networking venue for career criminals. THe US needs to pick a side of the fence. Either totally rehaul the prison system towards rehabilitation, or turn up the screws and start chopping off some arms, castrating sex offenders and public stonings.
The bolded portion, I have to disagree with. How often does a victim of a childhood rape go on to live a normal life? Regardless of how much therapy they go through and how much love they're given, I highly doubt it's a high percentage. Are there exceptions? Of course, but the victims of these crimes will always have that stigma of being raped.I do agree 100% with everything else. Good post.[/quote What is the stat, 1 in 6 women will be victimized by some sort of sexual assault in there life? The stigma of being raped is your perception, not the victims,thank God. They can and do go on to live normal, happy lives.
So your saying if your kid was raped you wouldnt want nothing more then the guy that did it to go to jail and thats it. Hmm I highly doubt you would feel this way if it happened to you. Yes its easy to stand back and think this way. The fact of the matter is until it happens to you or one of your loved ones you will never know the feeling of pain that comes along with this. You say that through everything you talk about people do come out fine. Yea your right in some cases. But what about the people around them. They are also affected. Lets say its was your mom that was raped would you still feel the same way. I guarantee you wouldn't. Trust me you have know clue what you are talking about. Once you have a kid kidnapped, raped, and then left for dead thats when you will know the true you. Now you can only speak from one side. So until it happens to you please leave this topic alone.I dont mean to start an argruement just stating facts that people that only see one side have no clue about. I am sorry if I offended anyone. Please dont comment on something unless you have lived through it.
So your saying if your kid was raped you wouldnt want nothing more then the guy that did it to go to jail and thats it.
No, That's exactly what I WASN'T saying. I believe I said if my child was raped, I'd want to kill the man who did it. What I AM saying is my personal emotional reaction to my child's rape should be irrelevant in determining what the punishment should be. If we, as a society, want to adopt revenge as the basis of our criminal justice system, why even have a criminal justice system at all? Why not just let people use vigilante justice, form a posse, and hang the criminals on the lynchin' tree. It would be alot cheaper.
Hmm I highly doubt you would feel this way if it happened to you. Yes its easy to stand back and think this way. The fact of the matter is until it happens to you or one of your loved ones you will never know the feeling of pain that comes along with this. You say that through everything you talk about people do come out fine. Yea your right in some cases. But what about the people around them. They are also affected. Lets say its was your mom that was raped would you still feel the same way. I guarantee you wouldn't. Trust me you have know clue what you are talking about. Once you have a kid kidnapped, raped, and then left for dead thats when you will know the true you. Now you can only speak from one side. So until it happens to you please leave this topic alone.I dont mean to start an argruement just stating facts that people that only see one side have no clue about. I am sorry if I offended anyone. Please dont comment on something unless you have lived through it.
This argument is absolutely absurd. "don't speak on something unless you've lived through it". So our lawmakers should exclusively be people who've had family members raped and killed? That's ridiculous. My whole point is that criminal justice punishments should be completely divorced from the emotion and anger of having a loved one murdered/raped/beat/ ect. Family members of victims should be the last people who should determine what the punishment should be because they have absolutely no objectivity on the matter. Criminal justice should be based on logic and reason not on anger and hate.
No, That's exactly what I WASN'T saying. I believe I said if my child was raped, I'd want to kill the man who did it. What I AM saying is my personal emotional reaction to my child's rape should be irrelevant in determining what the punishment should be. If we, as a society, want to adopt revenge as the basis of our criminal justice system, why even have a criminal justice system at all? Why not just let people use vigilante justice, form a posse, and hang the criminals on the lynchin' tree. It would be alot cheaper.
I've always dream't of being part of a revenge posse. So...romantic. Plus, vigilantes get all the ladies.
No, That's exactly what I WASN'T saying. I believe I said if my child was raped, I'd want to kill the man who did it. What I AM saying is my personal emotional reaction to my child's rape should be irrelevant in determining what the punishment should be. If we, as a society, want to adopt revenge as the basis of our criminal justice system, why even have a criminal justice system at all? Why not just let people use vigilante justice, form a posse, and hang the criminals on the lynchin' tree. It would be alot cheaper. This argument is absolutely absurd. "don't speak on something unless you've lived through it". So our lawmakers should exclusively be people who've had family members raped and killed? That's ridiculous. My whole point is that criminal justice punishments should be completely divorced from the emotion and anger of having a loved one murdered/raped/beat/ ect. Family members of victims should be the last people who should determine what the punishment should be because they have absolutely no objectivity on the matter. Criminal justice should be based on logic and reason not on anger and hate.
I agree that the criminal justice system should be based on logic and reason. In my eyes seeing it first hand **** em. I feel eye for an eye is the way to go. Its bullshi*t to watch these people get special cells to keep outta of general population in prison. You say stop spending our tax dollars well the problem it wont happen cause people like you think they need to go the court ways. Do you know how much money is spent on guys on death row. Here in ohio its unreal. The fact of the matter the more we have in prison the more money we spend on taxes. So i say kill everyone one that is sentence to life. Then the only reason we need prisons is for the ones that have a chance to get out.

If you really want to do something about the system, here's how you handle rape: if a woman comes forward about it, find a way to humiliate her so thoroughly that no one else ever will. Problem solved.Next crime.

This information from wikipedia.Crimes subject to the death penalty vary by jurisdiction. All jurisdictions which use capital punishment designate the highest grade of murder a capital crime, although most jurisdictions require additional aggravating circumstances. Treason is a capital offense in several jurisdictions. Other capital crimes include: aggravated kidnapping in Georgia, Idaho, Kentucky and South Carolina; train wrecking which leads to a person's death[10] and perjury which leads to a person's death in California;[11] aircraft hijacking in Georgia and Mississippi; aggravated rape of victim under age 12 in Louisiana; capital sexual battery in Florida; and capital narcotics conspiracy in Florida and New Jersey. Federal death penalty crimes are various degrees and types of murder as well as treason; espionage; large scale drug trafficking; kidnapping across state lines resulting in the victim's death; and attempting to kill any officer, juror, or witness in cases involving a Continuing Criminal Enterprise. There are 14 crimes subject to the death penalty under U.S. military law; some of them, such as desertion, are only applicable in times of war.In practice, no one has been executed for a crime other than murder or conspiracy to murder since 1964, when James Coburn was executed for robbery in Alabama on September 4. There is currently only one death row inmate convicted of any crime other than murder — Patrick O. Kennedy in Louisiana, who was sentenced to death for the aggravated rape of his then eight year old step-daughter.[12]Nine countries that have executed juvenile offenders since 1990 include China, D.R. Congo, Iran, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, the U.S. The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, which forbids capital punishment for juveniles, has been signed and ratified by all countries except for the USA and Somalia./end wikipediareally compaired to other things that are already capital punishment crimes why not? Most other countries have capital punishment for drug trafficking and the arguement for that are easily transferable to rape. from a rational logical perspective i agree with BigDMcGee but the law reflects the moral views of the majority unfortunately so i dont see this bill being stoped. In a perfect system it could be an option for all crimes and judges would use perfect discretion to pick the right punishment to the right crime. If only judges could be trusted.