Ok, so the other day I was heading over to my friend's basement apartment when I had a thought. "If you could have any superhero sit in a poker game in your place, who would you pick?" Upon arriving to my friend's abode, I hurried down the concrete steps into the musty basement that I consider my home away from home, excited about this new discussion topic. He was playing World of Warcraft, in his normal set up- Computer on a folding table, sitting on two milk crates, with empty orange juice containers everywhere. His trusty inhaler lay faithfully near his right hand, in case he needed a puff during the heat of e-battle. He masterfully handled the controls while occasionally pushing his glasses back up on his nose and shrieking in victory. I attempted to divert his attention several times, to no avail. I knew the drill. I'd just have to wait it out. About 8 hours later, we decided to get something to eat. I fetched a jar of peanut butter from his sock drawer and began spreading it on some crackers. We discussed the superhero poker game at length, including which heroes would have an unfair advantage, and should not be allowed in. We agreed that Superman should be excluded due to his x-ray vision, however had a tough time debating whether heroes such as Professor Xavier or Jean Grey should be excluded due to their telepathic abilities. It would allow them the same advantage as x-ray vision, without actually looking at the cards. The debate raged on, as my friend began digging through his archives of comic books, furiously pointing out that their power wouldn't give them the same edge as if they could look through the cards. Eventually, he began to wheeze heavily, and needed to take his inhaler between every point/counterpoint. In the end we decided to just play with each other's action figures and call it a day, but my mind still burns with the question...Which superheroes would YOU exclude from YOUR home game?

I'm going to actually give a real response and say Jean Gray and Prof. X would have more of an advantage than Superman. Granted he can see your cards he can't change your decision. Jean and the Prof. could though.

I'm going to actually give a real response and say Jean Gray and Prof. X would have more of an advantage than Superman. Granted he can see your cards he can't change your decision. Jean and the Prof. could though.
Excellent arguement! If one's telepathic abilities were strong enough, one could force you to build up a pot and fold the best hand everytime!Brilliant!
Which superheroes would YOU exclude from YOUR home game?
i didn't read that many comic books or anything...but i'd definitely wouldn't invite superman or wondermani wouldn't invite the professor either...
The Iceman! Very hard to read225px-Iceberg_01.jpgIceman (Robert "Bobby" Drake) is a fictional Marvel Comics superhero, a member of the X-Men.
Man and I thought you were talking about me.......lolSuperman could play as long as you had lead cards.

I imagine the Flash would change all the hole cards around at the end. Like my great Uncle Ed used to say, "Somebody in every family has to work. And play only online poker against superheros."

Ok, so the other day I was heading over to my friend's basement apartment when I had a thought. "If you could have any superhero sit in a poker game in your place, who would you pick?" He was playing World of Warcraft, in his normal set up- Computer on a folding table, sitting on two milk crates, with empty orange juice containers everywhere. comic books,
Wow. I want to party with you guys. The fun never stops.(sw)

At the risk of revealing my level of comic nerdness.I would take an X-men character known as Longshot. His mutant ability was that the odds always tipped in his favor.Another group would be the royal flush gang (dc comics). Their leader has a machine that alters luck in the users favor.Yea I know. I'm a nerd, but I love comics.

"If you could have any superhero sit in a poker game in your place, who would you pick?" LAME SUPERHERO OF THE WEEK: MR. TERRIFIChttp://blogzarro.com/?p=141Real Name: Terry SloaneFirst Appearance: Sensation Comics # 1 (1942)Affiliations: Justice Society of America, All-Star SquadronLame Abilities: genius-level intellect, Olympic-level athletic abilities, photographic memory, superior math skills, easily led to suicidal thoughtsCreated By: Charles Resizenstein, Hal SharpeThere are so many reasons why Mr. Terrific has the honor of kicking off Blogzarro’s Lame Superhero of the Week series. But this is the clincher: Mr. T. defeats his first nemesis, a gangster named Big Shot, by doing math. That’s right, he challenges Big Shot to a math-off, and when the dunce fails to add up the numbers, Mr. Terrific swoops in, adds like a mothertrucker, and saves the day. Thus is born Mr. Terrific, the human dynamo who is stumped by nothing! From wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Terrific_(Michael_Holt)At a young age, Michael Holt showed remarkable intelligence, reading and assimilating the works of Bohr, Einstein, Planck and Feynman, the pantheon of theoretic physics, at the age of six. He studied advanced science, space and time "while other children struggled through Sesame Street".[1]Holt displayed as he called it, "a natural aptitude for having natural aptitudes", easily picking up and retaining complex skills and abilities that other men spent their entire lives perfecting. Before he began his career as a superhero, he already possessed 14 Ph.D's (two in Engineering and Physics -- including assorted doctorates and masters in degrees in Law, Psychology, Chemistry, Political Science and Mathematics).[2],[3] was a self-made multi-millionaire[4] with a high tech firm called Cyberwear and was a Gold-medal winning Olympic decathelete.:club::D

Ok, so the other day I was heading over to my friend's basement apartment when I had a thought. "If you could have any superhero sit in a poker game in your place, who would you pick?" Upon arriving to my friend's abode, I hurried down the concrete steps into the musty basement that I consider my home away from home, excited about this new discussion topic. He was playing World of Warcraft, in his normal set up- Computer on a folding table, sitting on two milk crates, with empty orange juice containers everywhere. His trusty inhaler lay faithfully near his right hand, in case he needed a puff during the heat of e-battle. He masterfully handled the controls while occasionally pushing his glasses back up on his nose and shrieking in victory. I attempted to divert his attention several times, to no avail. I knew the drill. I'd just have to wait it out. About 8 hours later, we decided to get something to eat. I fetched a jar of peanut butter from his sock drawer and began spreading it on some crackers. We discussed the superhero poker game at length, including which heroes would have an unfair advantage, and should not be allowed in. We agreed that Superman should be excluded due to his x-ray vision, however had a tough time debating whether heroes such as Professor Xavier or Jean Grey should be excluded due to their telepathic abilities. It would allow them the same advantage as x-ray vision, without actually looking at the cards. The debate raged on, as my friend began digging through his archives of comic books, furiously pointing out that their power wouldn't give them the same edge as if they could look through the cards. Eventually, he began to wheeze heavily, and needed to take his inhaler between every point/counterpoint. In the end we decided to just play with each other's action figures and call it a day, but my mind still burns with the question...Which superheroes would YOU exclude from YOUR home game?
Your friend is wrong.Psyonic abilities are greater than being able to see cards. Not only would Jean or Prof X know what you had, they would know how you intended to play it and what your objectives were thereby giving them even more information about how to correctly play back at you.All telepaths would have to be excluded.