Interesting question arises. Who comes off worst? The Hustler or the hustled victim who refuses to pay?I think we may find that the answers will strongly differ from one side of the atlantic to the other. (maybe not though?)
I don't think it will matter. One side isn't even bothering to talk, and probably just wishes it would all go away at this point.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it will matter. One side isn't even bothering to talk, and probably just wishes it would all go away at this point.
I agree, Phil probably just wishes it goes away as its seriously damaging his reputation.

There are only a few things that are clear from this absolute debacle.- This should not have been made public by anyone involved in the situation- Every additional comment made publically by any parties, (DN included since it seems like he is Phil's spokesman) is just muddling this situation more. Nothing will be solved by writing things on a forum and shouldn't have been done in the first place.

LOLYeah, we dirty Americans invented sandbagging on the golf course. Pretty much ruined the game....are you one of those guys who drops cash on the Three Card Monte games in the streets?...probably still falling for the old "I've got your nose" trick.
I LOLed on this one. NH sir!

I guess I should have asked this more clearly earlier, but honestly, why do people care so much about this issue? Really, it's representative of a vast transatlantic cultural rift that people have differing views of what may or may not have happened months ago in Australia in which none of the people arguing back and forth here are directly interested parties?This thread has devolved into "I'm British, over here if you cheat in a bet we'll break your kneecaps. Don't fuck with your mates.""I'm American, over here if you welch on a bet someone might bust a cap in your ass down in 8 Mile."You guys are right... our cultural differences are so vast I'm having trouble seeing why we've gotten along so well over the years. End rant.EDIT: IMO all this arguing happens because people like to feel they are taking part in solving this argument. If you shout loud enough on the internet, and the problem gets solved, you can smile and think to yourself that you had something to do with the outcome. No, you didn't. DN obliges you here by replying, which only feeds the problem and makes it worse. If he followed his own wise judgment and didn't respond, these threads would disappear.K, now I'm done.

This is insane. Having played many many years of golf, I can't believe this claim. You set the handicap on one side. If adjustments are necessary, you make them at the turn.You take someone on without knowing how they play, this happens.That is all.

There are only a few things that are clear from this absolute debacle.- This should not have been made public by anyone involved in the situation- Every additional comment made publically by any parties, (DN included since it seems like he is Phil's spokesman) is just muddling this situation more. Nothing will be solved by writing things on a forum and shouldn't have been done in the first place.
I'm sorry, but who are you?Seriously. People talk about all sorts of things. Apparently the "poker community", at least those if us with nothing better to do, find this to be an interesting topic. This is evidenced by this thread going to hundreds of posts in a matter of hours. As did the "original" Ram thread over on The Mob. Not since Brandi got a penis on her back did Loser Poker Degenerates like myself have more to distract us from our various paying gigs.Some time ago one of the principle players on this thing broke the silence. If DN decides to write a Blog post about the life and times of High Stakes Gambling and share it with his readers, what is it to you? You seem like one of those people who hate gawkers, but still can't help slowing down as you look at the carnage on the highway.

Daniel. I would like your opinion please. Has this officially gotten WORSE than the Annie Duke Situation?This his Annie and her boyfriend.Annie%20Duke%20and%20Joe%20Reitman%20WireImage.jpgThis Poor Schlock used to be married to this Angel. 21.jpgShannon Elizabeth.p1_elizabeth_0708.jpgHere is the Evidence. YES its the same guy. la10303160237.jpegWhat would you look like if you were married to Shannon Elizabeth and messed it up because you embarrased her on PUNKED which then lead to her divorcing your marginal Arse.Wonder who was "PUNKED" in the long Run?Shannon is a better player than Annie Duke also.

I'm sorry, but who are you?Seriously. People talk about all sorts of things. Apparently the "poker community", at least those if us with nothing better to do, find this to be an interesting topic. This is evidenced by this thread going to hundreds of posts in a matter of hours. As did the "original" Ram thread over on The Mob. Not since Brandi got a penis on her back did Loser Poker Degenerates like myself have more to distract them from our various paying gigs.Some time ago one of the principle players on this thing broke the silence. If DN decides to write a Blog post about the life and times of High Stakes Gambling and share it with his readers, what is it to you? You seem like one of those people who hate gawkers, but still can't help slowing down as you look at the carnage on the highway.
I didn't realize that "I needed to be SOMEONE to make a comment"All I'm pointing out is that since it is obviously a sensative situation, I don't think it should have been made public. It has spun out of control in my opinion.Pot Odds - Sorry that I shared my opinion and that it wasn't acceptable to you.
Daniel. I would like your opinion please. Has this officially gotten WORSE than the Annie Duke Situation?This his Annie and her boyfriend.Annie%20Duke%20and%20Joe%20Reitman%20WireImage.jpgThis Poor Schlock used to be married to this Angel. 21.jpgShannon Elizabeth.p1_elizabeth_0708.jpgHere is the Evidence. YES its the same guy. la10303160237.jpegWhat would you look like if you were married to Shannon Elizabeth and messed it up because you embarrased her on PUNKED which then lead to her divorcing your marginal Arse.Wonder who was "PUNKED" in the long Run?Shannon is a better player than Annie Duke also.
Are you serious? Even a hairy ape like me might have a chance then?

I think a fair abitrator will be needed to resolve this dispute. The UK vs US cultures differ too much to trust either party. Let a good old Canadian listen in and make a decision, then we can all get along again.I think Ivey abused of an unspoken trust these guy had between each other, and that is pretty low. The mob has to pay up tho, they got angleded at best but not cheated.

I think a fair abitrator will be needed to resolve this dispute. The UK vs US cultures differ too much to trust either party. Let a good old Canadian listen in and make a decision, then we can all get along again.I think Ivey abused of an unspoken trust these guy had between each other, and that is pretty low. The mob has to pay up tho, they got angleded at best but not cheated.
DN is Canadian
Are you serious? Even a hairy ape like me might have a chance then?
I don't know she may be done with apes. MMMM. Apes. You know what I see the resemblance.grapeape.jpg

i'm not sure if ivey hustled or not, but let's say, to simplify the matter, he did.ram still should pay. comparing hustling to cheating makes no sense.if daniel hustled: "i'm a bad poker player, really. let's play heads up."if daniel cheated: looking at his opponents card with a camera.also, how stupid do you have to be to continue playing game after game? someone who says they are not good beats you in a game of pool, even if it was close, would you still believe they were not good? would you play again, then again, then again, then again, then again --- then say, "heeeeeeey, wait a second, you ARE better than you said. you, sir, are cheated me. all these millions games void."and then to not even pay a cent. ivey should take him to court.and to me, this is ram's best case scenario. this is if ivey was hustling.he should, at bare minimum, pay back his first day's losses.

sic the 'i got scammed' thread people on him. Look what they've done for a 100, scary to think what they'd do for this.
Ummm...you don't want to know but I will say that you would want to hide the women and children first...j/s

Have we all forgotten the 80s so quickly? Obviously the only way to solve this is a TRIATHALON!! Phil, DN and E-Dog take on Ram, Mark and Erik in 3 day-long sporting events, winner take all! (or in this case, get off scott-free)

i'm not sure if ivey hustled or not, but let's say, to simplify the matter, he did.ram still should pay. comparing hustling to cheating makes no sense.if daniel hustled: "i'm a bad poker player, really. let's play heads up."if daniel cheated: looking at his opponents card with a camera.also, how stupid do you have to be to continue playing game after game? someone who says they are not good beats you in a game of pool, even if it was close, would you still believe they were not good? would you play again, then again, then again, then again, then again --- then say, "heeeeeeey, wait a second, you ARE better than you said. you, sir, are cheated me. all these millions games void."and then to not even pay a cent. ivey should take him to court.and to me, this is ram's best case scenario. this is if ivey was hustling.he should, at bare minimum, pay back his first day's losses.
Ram has gambling problems that are known.His wikipedia entry has this"Other GamblingVaswani has been described as "an avid gambler who 'would bet on anything that moves.'" [27] This has led to him being known for having a fluctuating bankroll due to the variance in his sports betting hobby. Joe Beevers has indicated that Vaswani will often have $100,000 in his pocket one day; but it will be gone the next. Vaswani has indicated he is not too concerned about the outcome of bets he makes, so long as he has made the right decision in each case. [1] He is also a keen golf player [33], and has had large financial upswings and downswings as a result of wagering on his game. [34] Also, during the 888.com Poker Nations Cup, Vaswani made numerous large wagers with the Swedish team, and staked large amounts of money on Chinese poker, which he considers to be a game of pure luck." [10]Ivey saw his MARK and took him down. The guy needs to get his knees broken or something. If it wasn't Phil some other guy has and will do it the the moron.I'm going out on a limb here guys(rolls eyes) but this kid, Ram, is going to be taking a dirt nap some time in his life.

guess im a lil late but in my opinion they need to clarify "friends" from Acquaintances they dont sound all that close so all that friendly bullchit id throw out the window, as for the angle shoot honestly if you kept playing thats your fault . take the lumps like a man and pay up then have nothing to do with each other again .QUOTE(pokerinc @ Thursday, April 19th, 2007, 4:46 PM) sic the 'i got scammed' thread people on him. Look what they've done for a 100, scary to think what they'd do for this.Ummm...you don't want to know but I will say that you would want to hide the women and children first...j/s ~~Yes but if your goin to take action like this its best to keep it private . as for maxfallon he will get his as will ram im sure

I feel like a dog chasing my tail here. Hustling is cheating so no cash is that clear? Reading previous posts saying same would have saved you some time posting.