PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (9 handed) converterBB ($5.55)UTG ($14.25)UTG+1 ($9.15)MP1 ($9.30)MP2 ($2.90)MP3 ($9.55)Hero ($16.40)Button ($3.55)SB ($18.95)Preflop: Hero is CO with 7c, 7h. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls $0.10, 1 fold, MP2 calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero calls $0.10, Button calls $0.10, 1 fold, BB raises to $0.5, UTG+1 calls $0.40, MP2 calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, Button calls $0.40.Flop: ($2.55) 7s, Jh, 2s (5 players)BB bets $1, UTG+1 calls $1, MP2 folds, Hero raises to $4, Button calls $3.05 (All-In), BB folds, UTG+1 calls $3.Turn: ($14.60) 8c (3 players, 1 all-in)UTG+1 checks, Hero bets $5, UTG+1 calls $4.65 (All-In).River: ($24.25) 6s (3 players, 2 all-in)Final Pot: $24.25Results below: UTG+1 has Ks 9s (flush, king high). Hero has 7c 7h (three of a kind, sevens). Button has Js Ac (one pair, jacks). Outcome: UTG+1 wins $23.90. Hero wins $0.35.

hand advice?this is more like a bad beat post...do you really think you did something wrong?aseem

hand advice?this is more like a bad beat post...do you really think you did something wrong?aseem
its not even a bad beat really. The guy out drew him on a flush draw. I think it'd be different if it was runner runner
its not even a bad beat really. The guy out drew him on a flush draw. I think it'd be different if it was runner runner
haha i was going to say that, but got too lazy to edit my post afterwards.aseem

classic NL philosophy: bet huge to push out the flush draws.that's so wrong.1. no flush draw is going to fold for any reasonable bet. you shouldn't be folding to any reasonable bet with a flush draw, either.2. a flush draw will only fold for a big overbet where he has to call an all-in with LESS than 2:1 odds. that means you have to push all-in for more than the pot. you should never be doing that (if you don't have a monster, you'll only get called when you're beat. if you do have a monster, you're only going to get folds).3. you WANT flush draws in there. you have a 66% edge. why do you want to make him fold??nothing against the OP, but it's frustrating to cosntantly hear these ridiculous ideas like betting big to discourage flush draws. you will lose the pot, but you want weaker hands in there. it's +EV.(assuming it's a cash game.)http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4679&m_id=65560aseem

classic NL philosophy: bet huge to push out the flush draws.that's so wrong.1. no flush draw is going to fold for any reasonable bet. you shouldn't be folding to any reasonable bet with a flush draw, either.2. a flush draw will only fold for a big overbet where he has to call an all-in with LESS than 2:1 odds. that means you have to push all-in for more than the pot. you should never be doing that (if you don't have a monster, you'll only get called when you're beat. if you do have a monster, you're only going to get folds).3. you WANT flush draws in there. you have a 66% edge. why do you want to make him fold??nothing against the OP, but it's frustrating to cosntantly hear these ridiculous ideas like betting big to discourage flush draws. you will lose the pot, but you want weaker hands in there. it's +EV.(assuming it's a cash game.)http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_magazine/a...4679&m_id=65560aseem
thank you for that clarification...i always read that you should bet to push out the flush but never really thought about it.
thank you for that clarification...i always read that you should bet to push out the flush but never really thought about it.
no problem. you know i wasn't flaming you or ragging on you or anything, right? :-) aseem