this show is incredible. everyone should see this show. you really do see the earth in a completely different way. some of the camera shots they get are just amazing, they make things look like works of art. and they always have some sweet classical music playing in the background. heres one of the best parts of the series that ive seen so far, its completely insane footage.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYbCMdR38usthe second time they show the shark eat the seal, holy ****, thats crazy.

This show looks amazing. If I had TiVo and a giant flat screen plasma TV, I could entertain myself with it all day long. But I have neither of those things. Shrug.

Y a I downloaded these and watched them from my PC and it's the sickest picture i've ever seen on my comp. The shots are breath taking and blow your mind. The creatures they film are so sick and the narrator is awsome: David Attenborough. He does life of mamals which is like planet earth, worth watching if you are into these nature show,long live HD baby.

discovery channel sunday at 8:00 i believe. also they are on that tv links site but you want to see these in good quality picture.
Ya these do have to bee watched in good quality.Those elephants were doing freaking BACK FLIPS underwater in the middle of the desert!!!! Elephants! doing underwater back flips! And those monkeys were crawling underwater picking stuff up from the bottom of the lake. monkeys! underwater!
Looks amazing. When/where is it on??
Discovery Channel. New episodes are on Sunday nights. I believe there are 11 parts. Pole to Pole, Deserts, Great Plains, Mountains, Deep Ocean, Caves, Seasonal Forests, Fresh Water, Ice Worlds, Shallow Sea, and and a part on the future and conservation.I thoroughly enjoyed all of the parts, the camera work was amazing. Worth the $80 for the whole series on DVD.Repeats are aired regularly throughout the week.
Discovery Channel. New episodes are on Sunday nights. I believe there are 11 parts. Pole to Pole, Deserts, Great Plains, Mountains, Deep Ocean, Caves, Seasonal Forests, Fresh Water, Ice Worlds, Shallow Sea, and and a part on the future and conservation.I thoroughly enjoyed all of the parts, the camera work was amazing. Worth the $80 for the whole series on DVD.Repeats are aired regularly throughout the week.
Last night they were advertising the DVD set for $11.95!

So, my good friend got this on Blue Ray. He has a giant flat screen plasma TV, so we watched it on that through his PS3.Wow. This show is beyond amazing. I've only seen one episode so far, but it totally blew me away. The cinematography is amazing. I really don't understand how they get some of these shots. It really gives you a new appreciation of nature and a better understanding of our world.I recommend it to everyone. A++

So, my good friend got this on Blue Ray. He has a giant flat screen plasma TV, so we watched it on that through his PS3.Wow. This show is beyond amazing. I've only seen one episode so far, but it totally blew me away. The cinematography is amazing. I really don't understand how they get some of these shots. It really gives you a new appreciation of nature and a better understanding of our world.I recommend it to everyone. A++
yea you really have no idea what is going on every single day on this planet until you see this show. every episode is full of beautiful camera work and amazing things but theres always at least one part of the episode that is absolutely mind blowing, like the shark part i posted, and when these mountain goat things are head bunting each other with their 3 foot long horns.
every episode is full of beautiful camera work and amazing things but theres always at least one part of the episode that is absolutely mind blowing
Did you see that bird thing that cleaned up its nest and then fluffed up and started dancing? That was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.When it fluffed up, it looked like it had a giant neon face. It was unbelievable. I can't possibly do it justice. I wish I could find a clip of it to post.OMG, here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P85LoHftEKs...ted&search=

I can't imagine watching this show on anything other then a big screen HDTV. All these types of discovery programs have always been interesting, but this shit is just incredible. The real crazyness is the super slow motion frames, and some of those shots like someone said that make you think 'where the $^@#% is the camera?'On a related note, Sunrise Earth is also pretty cool (but only on a huge HDTV) in a more boring yet tranquil/peaceful kind of way.

I just watched most of the Director's Cut version (where the director explained how they set up the cameras for the coolest shoots). It was pretty awesome.

• 8 months later...

I just got around to watching the first two parts of this series (Pole to Pole and Mountains). The cinematogrophy is absolutely amazing. I am awed at where some creatures choose to live.

• 1 year later...
Did you see that bird thing that cleaned up its nest and then fluffed up and started dancing? That was the greatest thing I've ever seen in my entire life.When it fluffed up, it looked like it had a giant neon face. It was unbelievable. I can't possibly do it justice. I wish I could find a clip of it to post.OMG, here it is:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P85LoHftEKs...ted&search=
Haha I had a roommate that was exactly like the bird at :55.
I just got this on dvd, and man, I just love it. It's so beautiful. If ever a show was made for HD, it's this one.
DVD just doesn't do this justice. This currently is the only thing I have in my bluray collection.
When they first released the series on British television, after each episode they did a 10 minute special called Planet Earth Diaries on the work and equipment involved in capturing the images for the episode.The equipment is always brilliant, but the time and effort the camera crews are willling to put in just to get a shot that might last a few seconds is phenominal.Not sure if the DVD box set has an 'extras' disc with it that has these snippets - I'll have to look