Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.25MP1 ($24.75)UTG ($34.65)Hero ($25)8 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with :club::D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checks.Flop: :):D :D ($1, 5 players)Hero bets $0.6, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 raises to $2, Hero raises to $6.6, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.Turn: :D ($21.4, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.River: :) ($21.4, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $9, Hero calls?I think I butchered this...Looking for insight on all streets.

Full Tilt PokerNo Limit Holdem Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.25MP1 ($24.75)UTG ($34.65)Hero ($25)8 playersConverterPre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with :club::D UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, BB checks.Flop: :):D :D ($1, 5 players)Hero bets $0.6, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 raises to $2, Hero raises to $6.6, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls.Turn: :D ($21.4, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks.River: :) ($21.4, 4 players)Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 bets $9, Hero calls?I think I butchered this...Looking for insight on all streets.
You gotta flat call the river, as the spade draw hit. However I probably lead the turn. You already reraised the flop, which showed strength. Basically, what are you trying to represent on the turn by check? Your letting the flush draw for free, and it is unlikey that any had you beat is going to bet out fearing the check/raise. I'd say there is a slim chance your behind on the turn, as a bigger ace probably woulda raised preflop. The only way I'm getting away from this hand is if I bet out the turn and get reraised, then I'm gonna need to evaluate my line based on the oppenent. I don't hate calling the reraise on the flop here either, and leading the turn. there was a good chance that your 3 bet coulda killed all the action you were gonna get on this hand.

Well.. 1st, i hate playing a weak ace if its not suted. no mater what position.2nd. your check on the turn is horrible.. Look at the flop.. u bet, got raised, u then re-raised. if they cant put u on a ace, they are very stupidso by checking the turn, u arent fooling anyone, u are givin them a free river.. which, if my guess is correct, is what one of our players hadand then hit, which u paid off.bet the turn!

looks like AJ to me due to the flop action...the best you can hope for is a split if you call. i would prob either call and then pot turn, fold to raise or raise flop and lead turn big depending on read....line 1 for tight player, line 2 for loose. anyway either way i'm folding river on your line, its either a stone bluff or your screwed. MP with weak ace, which im assuming your hoping for would prob check river.

looks like AJ to me due to the flop action...the best you can hope for is a split if you call. i would prob either call and then pot turn, fold to raise or raise flop and lead turn big depending on read....line 1 for tight player, line 2 for loose. anyway either way i'm folding river on your line, its either a stone bluff or your screwed. MP with weak ace, which im assuming your hoping for would prob check river.
Not sure how you narrow the range to AJ by the flop action, but how often does AJ not bet the turn in position?lol, it just went check around on two streets, how does ANY ace not bet the river there?? Basically if I am the viallian in MP, I am betting this river with anything except a middle pocket pair, that I think might be good at this point, but wouldn't call a reraise with. Including air.Hero did play this hand poorly to let the flush draw hit, but he has to call down enless MP1 is Mr Rocky McPasiveson (Allen Kessler).

I was checking the turn because I thought I was beat. Two calls of the reraise. I put UTG on a flush draw and MP1 on an ace or less likely a middle pair. When UTG checked the river I thought there's no way a flush checks the river here. So now when MP1 bets I'm thinking about calling because I'm getting 3-1.

I was checking the turn because I thought I was beat. Two calls of the reraise. I put UTG on a flush draw and MP1 on an ace or less likely a middle pair. When UTG checked the river I thought there's no way a flush checks the river here. So now when MP1 bets I'm thinking about calling because I'm getting 3-1.
So, you assumed you were beat because you got calls?That brings me to my next question.Why exactly did you reraise the flop then? You wanted them to fold worse hands, and only call with hands better than yours? Do you see why your reasoning is messed up?

If you're gonna play a crappy ace like A8, whether you flop trips or not, you DO NOT wnat to build a big pot, especially OOP.Yeah, you're in the SB so you're obviously gonna play. If you get any action with your hand, you're in a lot of trouble. Reraising on the flop is bad and checking on the turn is worse. Once the river comes out, I can't really think of a hand that you beat that would bet here. The only hands that you're ahead of are A2, A3, A4 and A7.I actually don't have any problem folding this hand here. Those 4 hands are literally the only hands that bet here (that isn't a bluff) that he can beat. Given the action on the flop, I feel that he's gotta be up against the other A and a flush draw (unless you have reads that the players are bad enough to be in there with anything else) and tthe flush got there, so what cna you beat?

Good enough to call all day long.

Whomever has never played a weak ace, raise your hand......that's what I thought.Sometimes we make the decision to play the weak Ace, we hit the top part of the flop, and we're screwed. We need to bet the Turn because we want to take control and make a Flush draw pay for the card. Check/Check/Check feels like a flush draw more than a strong Ace. I agree that we need to make the crying call.

Whomever has never played a weak ace, raise your hand......that's what I thought.Sometimes we make the decision to play the weak Ace, we hit the top part of the flop, and we're screwed. We need to bet the Turn because we want to take control and make a Flush draw pay for the card. Check/Check/Check feels like a flush draw more than a strong Ace. I agree that we need to make the crying call.
There are 2 opponents. If it feels more like a flush draw than a strong ace, then why are we calling when the flush gets there? What do you put these 2 players on that you can beat after that river card falls?
There are 2 opponents. If it feels more like a flush draw than a strong ace, then why are we calling when the flush gets there? What do you put these 2 players on that you can beat after that river card falls?
The only reason to call is that it looks like a steal from a missed straight draw. After the turn is checked, it's hard to believe that anyone has an A.I can see a high PP and missed straight draw turned over here.I don't fold top trips to a half-pot closing river bet.
The only reason to call is that it looks like a steal from a missed straight draw. After the turn is checked, it's hard to believe that anyone has an A.I can see a high PP and missed straight draw turned over here.I don't fold top trips to a half-pot closing river bet.
Your call doesn't close the action, although I think ti's highly unlikely that the other player will be repopping it.Missed draw? What missed draw? You telling me that someone withstood that flop action with 23, 24, or 34? I don't think so. We beat 4 hands and we have 2 opponents. Calling in this spot is a leak. If we were heads up I'd feel slightly better about it but I'd still find it unlikely that I'm winning.
I can also see us calling and UTG raising the flush he made, after checking figuring no one would call a bet from him with his obvious flush but might take a stab if he checks. What then? If UTG just calls we have to win 1 out of 3 or 4 times to make it profitable (against 2 hands mind you), if he folds its 1 out of 2 or 3. With the threat of the raise you have to adjust the numbers to be even more sure. The logical read after the turn was draw and the draw hit. A str8 draw makes no sense, calling a $4-5 bet on a paired flop with a gutshot?? A mid-PP is a good possibility for one of them, maybe even just a 5, but with 2 opponents to beat I don't think its a good call here.
I can also see us calling and UTG raising the flush he made, after checking figuring no one would call a bet from him with his obvious flush but might take a stab if he checks. What then? If UTG just calls we have to win 1 out of 3 or 4 times to make it profitable (against 2 hands mind you), if he folds its 1 out of 2 or 3. With the threat of the raise you have to adjust the numbers to be even more sure. The logical read after the turn was draw and the draw hit. A str8 draw makes no sense, calling a $4-5 bet on a paired flop with a gutshot?? A mid-PP is a good possibility for one of them, maybe even just a 5, but with 2 opponents to beat I don't think its a good call here.
The action on this hand is so goofy that none of it adds up at all. I call because nothing adds up.And we missed our bet on the turn. Let that be a lesson to us.
So, you assumed you were beat because you got calls?That brings me to my next question.Why exactly did you reraise the flop then? You wanted them to fold worse hands, and only call with hands better than yours? Do you see why your reasoning is messed up?
Yeah I can see why I shouldn't reraise. I just didn't want to see those callers see another card for free cheap and to better define my hand. I guess this a perfect example of when raising gives you no new information. When I got the two callers it hamstrung me and I can see now I missed a bet on the turn.Anyways, what should have I bet on the turn? Push?
Yeah I can see why I shouldn't reraise. I just didn't want to see those callers see another card for free cheap and to better define my hand. I guess this a perfect example of when raising gives you no new information. When I got the two callers it hamstrung me and I can see now I missed a bet on the turn.Anyways, what should have I bet on the turn? Push?
You have to bet the turn becuase one of those 2 players likely has a flush draw and you can't let them make it for free.