My Quest To Win An Ipod

Hello everyone,after blowing my last BR by betting on the Soccer Worldcup (***** Italy) and not playing since then i decided to give it another shot. so i got 20 Bucks from a friend on PS. My goal is to win enough so i can get an ipod for the FPP and not redepositing till then. Since i always wanted to learn to play NL HE i started out playing 1cent/2cent NL and i wont move up till i have at least 200 Dollars. So far i won 20$.Ill try to keep a regular update.

Your BR plan is better than 98% of the players on that site. Good luck.(PS- Look at Chipods. I bought one of those 4gb Nano clones and the thing is friggin awesome. It's only 2gb even though it's advertised as 4gb, but the AMV movies are sweet and it only cost me like $30 used. I put a couple new episodes of High Stakes Poker on it every Sunday to watch on my train ride into the city during the week. Cannot imagine life without it)

gl on your quest. I personally started my own quest with .85 cents a few weeks ago. I've parlayed that into 100 dollars, scattered over 3 sites. Just practice BR management and don't play blackjack and you should do fine :club:

yep br management is quite the ***** and I've learned my lesson 3 times and counting... just keep at it and there's no way you won't get that ipod eventually

Hello everyone,after blowing my last BR by betting on the Soccer Worldcup (***** Italy) and not playing since then i decided to give it another shot. so i got 20 Bucks from a friend on PS. My goal is to win enough so i can get an ipod for the FPP and not redepositing till then. Since i always wanted to learn to play NL HE i started out playing 1cent/2cent NL and i wont move up till i have at least 200 Dollars. So far i won 20$.Ill try to keep a regular update.
I bet on Italy to win the World Cup! Easiest €500 I ever made

First Update.After playing some hours and somewhere around 1000 hands i managed to squeeze out a 10$ win. My bankroll is now at 52$While playing i recognized some major flaws in my game that i need to work on.1. Playing out of position. Especially borderline hands like KJ still seem to attractive to throw awayeven from EP2. Playing marginal speculative hands. After watching probably too much HSP and watching Top Players play hands like 36s or J9o i was thinking i could maeke them work for me too. Bad Idea! They might work under the right circumstances, but in the limits im playing right now people are not willing to put money into the pot after the flop so they wont pay off well enough to be actually profitable.3. Not being able to fold big pairs postflop. Having Aces on a flop of 4 T Q offsuit and being reraised by a tight player i just couldnt fold even though he was the only player on the table who had me covered and was not going to play a big pot with me unless he had a monster. Unsurprisingly he had TT for a set.4. Playing too loose. Probably a result of point 1 and 2. A VPIP of 40% is surely too high even for 6maxIll try to work on these.thx for the encouragementP.S: Italy sucks

Do you have a pokertracker? If not, get it...now! If you can't afford it, steal it or something.I'm playing the same stakes and trying to move up. Pokertracker has helped me tremendously.GL to you.

yep br management is quite the ***** and I've learned my lesson 3 times and counting... just keep at it and there's no way you won't get that ipod eventually
Thats ok, It took me about 300 times of being broke, before I learned my lesson

not to be a downer, but wouldnt it be easier to try and win the $200 for the ipod, cuz those FPPs dont come around so frequently in the .01/.02 game

Ok latest Update if anyone is interested.I got myself Pokertracker to keep a better record of my current game and find the biggest leaks.So far i managed to tighten up considerably especially out of position. So no longer playing QT from UTG. :-(I got in about 1500 hands playing 2 tables in 2 sessions and after some ups and downs my current BR is 60$.My recorded Winrate from PT is around 25 PTBB/100 but since the sample size is way too small that does not mean anything.Regarding the Quest my FPP stand at 101 but since im probably going to change sites when i start playing NL 10 in order to benefit from the various rakeback and bonus opportunities other sites offer it will probably take like forever to gain the 27000 needed. During my session yesterday i really got frustrated at one point, since i had a guy at my table that moved in probably 2 out 4 hands preflop for about 10 minutes and i didnt have any cards to take advatage of that. And what do you know 5 hands after he left i got dealt KK. But thats poker. Ill get him some other time.greetings from Switzerland,Benjamin

Hello,after a session of 3 tabling for about 4 hours i got another 1500 hands into my stats. I just downloaded the autorate 6max rules for PT and what do you know. Im rated ultra aggressive. My Aggro Factor on the flop is 9.7 and 6 on the turn. I'm not exactly sure but it seems a bit high. I'll have to work on that.One of my major leak is still not being able to let Big Pairs go after the flop. This has cost me at least 2 Buy Ins so far. Another point i'm still a little confused about is bet size. I bet usually around 1/2 to 2/3 of the pot most times and i think this is fine. Only problems with it is that when u get callers the pot can get large quickly . This makes stealing on the turn or river usually a quite expensive move. any kind of advice on this would be appreciated.Current BR 67 $Winrate over the last 2500 hands: 18PTBB/100Greetings,Benjamin

Letting big pairs go after the flop can be tough in micro games where people play middle pair like it's trips, but there are situations when it's so obvious that there is no excuse.Remember- you judge the quality of player not by what he plays, but by what he is capable of folding. You raise on the button with red QQ, nit who has shown a willingness to fold his blinds when he has garbage calls you in the SB.BB calls.Flop comes down Ah 7s 4s.Nit raises UTG, BB reraises- you deposit your queens straight into the muck. You're beat.Even if the Nit only raises and the BB calls, you're still beat.If the Nit raises and the BB folds, you're still beat...

GL dude. you'll need a much larger BR before collecting many FFP but it'll be a good journey while it lasts....or you could go to some PSO promo's and get an IPOD WAY faster.... but that's my "time is money thinking"

Hi,when i was just browsing the games on PS something struck me as odd.the .2/.5 NL games have a maximum BuyIn of 10$ so do the .5/.10 NL games.This brings up an interesting question. When you want to move up what should your next step be.My original intention was to build my Roll up to 200$ and move up to the next Limit but since that would mean 10NL im a bit confused. I dont want to play with only 20 Buy Ins. Any suggestions?thx,Benjamin

I just finished my session for the day. I played about 1350 hands on to tables combined. At the current point i do not want to play more than 2 table so i dont more than 10% of my BR in play. The session started out bad losing a stack with set over set but turned around nicely. When my hads actually started to hold up i managed to win back everything. My basic strategy is winning lots of small pots (10BB or less) by playing very aggressive and hoping to get payed off when i hit a monster. At the end of the session i was dealt Aces 3 times in the span of 4 hands. On one of those i hit the jackpot:POKERSTARS GAME #9539687432: HOLD'EM NO LIMIT ($0.01/$0.02) - 2007/04/21 - 18:34:50 (ET)Table 'Palma' 6-max Seat #2 is the buttonSeat 1: MadWolf1980 ($2.93 in chips) Seat 2: 100scoot ($7.19 in chips) Seat 4: PokerNig3l ($1.58 in chips) Seat 5: DLK330 ($3.71 in chips) Seat 6: Eus3bi0 ($2.83 in chips) Slaaren will be allowed to play after the buttonPokerNig3l: posts small blind $0.01DLK330: posts big blind $0.02*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to MadWolf1980 [Ac Ad]Eus3bi0: calls $0.02MadWolf1980: raises $0.04 to $0.06100scoot: folds PokerNig3l: folds DLK330: raises $0.04 to $0.10Eus3bi0: calls $0.08MadWolf1980: raises $0.16 to $0.26DLK330: calls $0.16Eus3bi0: calls $0.16*** FLOP *** [6s 6c Ah]DLK330: bets $0.18Eus3bi0: calls $0.18MadWolf1980: raises $0.42 to $0.60DLK330: calls $0.42Eus3bi0: calls $0.42*** TURN *** [6s 6c Ah] [9h]DLK330: bets $0.46Eus3bi0: calls $0.46MadWolf1980: raises $1.61 to $2.07 and is all-inDLK330: calls $1.61Eus3bi0: calls $1.51 and is all-in*** RIVER *** [6s 6c Ah 9h] [Kc]*** SHOW DOWN ***DLK330: shows [8h Kh] (two pair, Kings and Sixes)MadWolf1980: shows [Ac Ad] (a full house, Aces full of Sixes)MadWolf1980 collected $0.20 from side potEus3bi0: mucks hand MadWolf1980 collected $8.10 from main pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $8.70 Main pot $8.10. Side pot $0.20. | Rake $0.40 Board [6s 6c Ah 9h Kc]Seat 1: MadWolf1980 showed [Ac Ad] and won ($8.30) with a full house, Aces full of SixesSeat 2: 100scoot (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)Seat 4: PokerNig3l (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 5: DLK330 (big blind) showed [8h Kh] and lost with two pair, Kings and SixesSeat 6: Eus3bi0 mucked [As Jh]In the end i won around 15 $ today.Current BR 83$Greetings,Benjamin

gl man, how many fpps do you need?? i wish i was as strict with br management as you are :club:
ipod Nano(8GB) = 17,000 FPP + necessary to be silverstar or higher.

Benjamin, the max buyin at .02/05 and .05/.10 are the same soley b/c PS is letting you buy-in for 200 BB at the .02/.05 level. I'm making an educated guess that this is for rake reasons. More money in front of you, more willingness to put it into the center. When you move up, just buy-in for a standard 5.00(100 BB). Only time I would consider deviated from this is if during your research of a good table for selection, you see a player with a big stack say 30-40.00, and you know you'll get paid off due to hands you railed while researching. Then I would be more then happy to put 10.00(200 BB) in play. You've stated you are multi-tabling anyway. You do realize you cant play under proper BR management multi-tabling. So if you are going to do this, just put two buyins in play, when the situation, or ATM running hot with big stack, dictates its.Also, you have been playing with 2 and 1/2 buyins at the .01/.02 level anyway. standard buy in is 2.00, not 5.00.Cheers

This is really getting interesting to me and I think this will help alot of people. Do you play strictly ring games or do you do MTTs and SNGs also?Also, more hand histories are nice to look at more times then not.VGL!

i started working from $2 i had left on FT about a month ago.Playing PLO8 up to about $132 now.pretty much just put the whole roll on whatever the biggest table i can full buy into.playing .50/1 now figure i'll need to start backing back off around 3/6 or 5/10