Looking back over past topics I've noticed that I seem toi spend a lot more time responding to negative posts. In doing that, you end up giving the OP what they want. Not anymore. I'm not going to bother with those kinds of posts at all anymore.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking back over past topics I've noticed that I seem toi spend a lot more time responding to negative posts. In doing that, you end up giving the OP what they want. Not anymore. I'm not going to bother with those kinds of posts at all anymore.
Kudos! I dont blame you. Most of the time its useless anyway, they just want to stir up trouble.
:club: Hope you guys are enjoying the new home. :D

actually on second thought, I don't see how you can not respond to respectful arguments. I hope you mean you aren't going to respond to intentional trash talkers. I think that (although rarely), some people that don't share your opinion, do so in a respectful manner and I don't see why a healthy disagreement would be bad. It usually leads to an indepth discussion, which isn't bad. but yeah on not responding to inflammatory remarks that are done in a hateful way..if that makes sense. sorry shorthanded at a micro limit game and it keeps poppin to the game, totally derailing my thought process.

I decided to do this as well.
Yeah, only difference is, I can delete them! I'm just not going to entertain posters that clearly aren't here for healthy discussion, and instead, just want to get a rise out of me or others here in the forum.
Yeah, only difference is, I can delete them! I'm just not going to entertain posters that clearly aren't here for healthy discussion, and instead, just want to get a rise out of me or others here in the forum.
I'm assuming that means you'll still engage with people who disagree with you civilly? That's something I've always respected you for doing.
I'm assuming that means you'll still engage with people who disagree with you civilly? That's something I've always respected you for doing.
Actually, I don't think he owes anyone a thing. Whether we're polite or not, it's his time and focus. If he enjoys it, great--if not and he lets it go, that's cool too. The fact that one of the best players in the world would spend five seconds even thinking about anything that gets said around here is a miracle in itself. IMO, this is one of the most interesting poker communities on the web. Whether we agree with him or not, we should all thank Daniel for creating it--and do our best to help keep it that way.
Why would anyone ever disagree with me?I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!! In all seriousness, I actually do enjoy having healthy, civil debates on a wide range of topics. It's rare to find those types of discussions online as things tend to turn nasty rather quickly. Having said that, I'll just delete the nast ones, lol.
I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!!
I knew we had a lot in common. :club:
Why would anyone ever disagree with me?I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!!
Same thing my girlfriend says when we are arguing...
Why would anyone ever disagree with me?I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!! In all seriousness, I actually do enjoy having healthy, civil debates on a wide range of topics. It's rare to find those types of discussions online as things tend to turn nasty rather quickly. Having said that, I'll just delete the nast ones, lol.
Phil Hellmuth would've mentioned a sponsor in this statement, very disappointing.
Why would anyone ever disagree with me?I know everything.I'm always right.I'm the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... I'm TOOOOOOO SEXY!!!
Same thing my girlfriend says when we are arguing...
When you and your girlfriend argue, she says:Daniel knows everything.Daniel's always right.Daniel is the greatest thing since sliced bread.and.... Daniel's TOOOOOOO SEXY!!!??????????????You've got a lot to live up to!
Great, now my post count is going to be like 200.How about me getting a rise out of people that are trying to get a rise out of you? Is that okay?
Don't blame you for doing this at all but I would still love an answer on a question I posed in another thread regarding your current stance on global warming. I know you don't have to answer by any stretch but it would be much appreciated. You seemed to be really affected by An Inconvenient Truth after watching it and made claims about changing the vehicles you drive, etc. I'd just like to know if you took any action or it the effects of the movie wore off after a few days? Thanks.
woot!
Great, now my post count is going to be like 200.How about me getting a rise out of people that are trying to get a rise out of you? Is that okay?
That's encouraged! You are part of the "in crowd" it's the "others" that need to pay their dues before they can start pressing other people's buttons. You have carte blanche, lol.
Don't blame you for doing this at all but I would still love an answer on a question I posed in another thread regarding your current stance on global warming. I know you don't have to answer by any stretch but it would be much appreciated. You seemed to be really affected by An Inconvenient Truth after watching it and made claims about changing the vehicles you drive, etc. I'd just like to know if you took any action or it the effects of the movie wore off after a few days? Thanks.
It's been difficult to make the necessary changes with the move and all. I still plan on living a more energy conscious lifestlye, but it will have to wait until I settle in to the new house, etc. As for global warming, I still see it as a major threat to our world.

I am disappointed. I thought that New Rules meant that sucky poker players like me will start winning lots of money. If I would have known it was about this Daniel guy I never would have opened up the thread. :club:

I am disappointed. I thought that New Rules meant that sucky poker players like me will start winning lots of money. If I would have known it was about this Daniel guy I never would have opened up the thread. :club:
Lock it up!Okay. Leave it open. It's a good subject and even winning players like Daniel should be able to post new topics about controversial subjects like this.
I can delete them!
I'll just delete
Conversation with FCP staff recorded Monday, April 16th, 2007DN: Hey what does this button do?Governator: It is the delete button you can remove content you dont likeDN: Rea...Real...Really