Va. Tech Shooting

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've got a more interesting point than the whole should we ban guns debate. Why the hell were there 12 cops hiding behind bushes outside the building as you could count off 29 shots going off inside the building? How many lives could have been saved without those 29 shots going off?

I had some stuff quoted to tell a few people that they are moronic pieces of shit, but there's very little point in that. I can't think of anybody I know that currently goes there, but a good 25% of my friends graduated from there, and fairly recently. if you want to boast about Canada and Europe being so much better than the U.S., do it somewhere else you worthless piece of shit.

Our thoughts and prayers to the families that are suffering because of this tragic event. May God be their comfort and strength.

I had some stuff quoted to tell a few people that they are moronic pieces of shit, but there's very little point in that. I can't think of anybody I know that currently goes there, but a good 25% of my friends graduated from there, and fairly recently. if you want to boast about Canada and Europe being so much better than the U.S., do it somewhere else you worthless piece of shit.
This about sums up how I feel.

Horrible tragedy that took place today. I wish everyone could grasp the magnitude of this situation. Instead we have a few forum retards who think they know what they are talking about, when they can't even comprehend the kind of pain and suffering that one person caused today from his demented actions.Grow the hell up. I guarantee you would feel alot differently if someone you knew went to that school.

I think you should also have a look a where things were invented. Telephone and Electricity were invented by Scots if I remember.
Oh really?? Who invented electricity? God? Is God a Scot?For future reference, next time there's a terrible tragedy maybe you should wait like a few days before you start telling us that our country is terrible and lets things like this happen because we don't care about gun control, or whatever you were trying to say.
Oh really?? Who invented electricity? God? Is God a Scot?For future reference, next time there's a terrible tragedy maybe you should wait like a few days before you start telling us that our country is terrible and lets things like this happen because we don't care about gun control, or whatever you were trying to say.
Don't waste your time tim, the guy is a complete moron
Gunman was a heavily armed Asian man according to reports
It's ok people, I live in New York. I have not gone more than 10 miles away from my home in the past 6 months. It's not me. Seriously.Everybody cooooooooooooool out.
You're not listening. When you make guns illegal, criminals will STILL HAVE THEM. You can't easily stop people from getting a widely available commodity simply by passing a law and trying to enforce it. See: the US's war on drugs.
Shh... It's ok, she handled it herself just fine.
It's ok people, I live in New York. I have not gone more than 10 miles away from my home in the past 6 months. It's not me. Seriously.Everybody cooooooooooooool out.
Am I bad person for immediately thinking of you when I heard that?
its incidents like this that make me happy i live in canada. im not trying to rag on americans, but this stuff just would never happen in canada.. our mentality towards guns and violence is so much different. we have had scattered incidents as well, but in a country of 35 million its quite impossible for it to 'never' happen.. just with such infrequency it never crosses our minds that it coldu happen to usim not trying to seem like i dont care that this happens, because it saddens me to knwo that so many people died for no reason..i just dont feel the insecurity that americans do on a daily basis.
http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-70-398/disast...treal_massacre/
Am I bad person for immediately thinking of you when I heard that?
I already set the over/under at 1.5 hours for how long I'll go at work tomorrow without hearing a joke about it.

Do you think the parents will end up trying to sue the university for negligence, ie not locking the school down for two hours after the first two homicides?

This is certainly a tragic day for VT and the US, and I'm reluctant to downplay that. My prayers go out to all of those involved.However, I want to remind any of you that are feeling fearful that, by and large, we are blessed to live in a very safe country. One has to keep perspective that these are isolated incidents. Roughly 2.4 million people died in the US last year. That's an overwhelming number to comprehend, so we (via the media) tend to focus on certain deaths over others so that we can have "representative" coping/mourning. These particular deaths happen to stand out because of the violence and "senselessness"...but do not let them compel you to fear or hatred.I will reserve my gun control comments for another time/thread.

Giving students guns is < EV obvioiusly.If the Government would stop wasting millions on raiding local card rooms, perhaps they could afford a security guard fully equipped in the schools...
as much as some of you say this is irrelevant, you are very wrong. having a larger and more effective campus police force might have been able to do something like A) tell the people coming on campus to turn the F around and go home B) respond to the dorm incident and C) shake some sense into the president/whoever the F thought it was a good idea to just send out an email and not close the campus and lock it down. I don't care if they thought it was an isolated incident, are 20 students lives worth being wrong here? As opposed to being right and inconviencing a ton of students? no not even inconviencing students, any time my classes are canceled I am stoked. WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? like honestly. The situation was clearly not in control and yet you are gonna let more people come on campus? Are you retarded? If the president is not fired/some sort of major action does not occur, it will be a tragedy in its own right.
QFT. guess what, people can buy things that are illegal even though it is against the law? NO WAY!!!! i would reccommend keeping your arguments out of this thread, because realistically you arent proving anything and it makes you look like you don't care about what happened. This is a straight up tragedy, have some respect for the innocent lives that have been taken and keep your opinion to yourself, especially after you have spouted it multiple times. I am def praying for VT and can only wish the best for anyone effected by the situation.

Couple of things. One, my heart goes out to all of these families- words can't describe what the hell they currently reside in. 2, to watch the coverage and to watch the various reporters trying to get officials to say they had ****ed up 6 hours after it happened made me once again officialy loathe the media. A little common sense would be appreciated I think. If a shooting happens in a neighborhood you don't lock down a 4 mile radius if you think there is no danger- the same thing applies here. Personally, just looking at the evidence as is, with no ballistics, something is not right- doesn't make sense that this was a crime of passion where the perp was prepared to chain doors shut Hellraiser style. The first murders fits with c.o.p. but the rest was just premeditated executions. Doesn't fit with the profile, which in this case would be in short crazy ****** but even crazy has a pattern and this is nowhere near what it should be.

Surely this goes to show that giving people access to guns really doesn't work. Follow Europe and ban guns so this type of s.h.i.t doesn't happen.
You're a stupid fuck that should have been banned long ago. You only come here to troll with your anti-american bullshit.Either die or get banned please.