board texture is everything in NL Hold Em. This kind of flop still confuses me on what is the right action. heres hand. the hand converter was broken, so ill leave out results until later. read on this guy is that he is way too overly lag and loose.Full Tilt Poker Game #2222645939: Table Frio (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:30:07 ET - 2007/04/16Seat 1: BB_dont_cry ($177.60)Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($202.30)BB_dont_cry posts the small blind of $1IHaveAStrong9 posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Ad Ah]BB_dont_cry raises to $6IHaveAStrong9 raises to $18BB_dont_cry calls $10*** FLOP *** [7d 6s 8c]now what? lead and call a raise? check raise? bet fold?? check call? im really very confused on the course of this action, since this is the worst possible board i want to see.

Id bet probably 27 and either call to make a choice on the tunr or raising again. I dont think checking is good on this flop and I think its way too weak to bet/fold hu here. Some of the more experienced NL players can probably help you from there.

...since this is the worst possible board i want to see.
Not quite right. The worst boards for your hand are QsJsTs and QcJcTc. When I'm holding aces on those boards against almost any decent action, I really don't mind check/folding.As for this hand, it's kind of a crappy flop, but it's not terrible...there's no FD possible...and he needs a specifically nectar-style or medium pair hand for us to be particularly worried. There are plenty of high card and small pair hands where we're good. I don't like a check-raise because it can force us into a tough spot. I think we should bet something like $22-$30 here and then re-evaluate if he raises. We've got the read that he's LAG...which puts us in a somewhat tough spot if he might raise with 98 just as happily as a set. In that case, we can either just call and re-evaluate on the turn...or go ahead and push if we think we're ahead. If our c-bet gets called, depending on what turns, I think we can continue to lead, check/call (being OOP obviously isn't fun), or check/fold.That said, an alternative, cautious approach would be to check/call the flop and donk any safe turn.
board texture is everything in NL Hold Em. This kind of flop still confuses me on what is the right action. heres hand. the hand converter was broken, so ill leave out results until later. read on this guy is that he is way too overly lag and loose.Full Tilt Poker Game #2222645939: Table Frio (heads up) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em - 4:30:07 ET - 2007/04/16Seat 1: BB_dont_cry ($177.60)Seat 2: IHaveAStrong9 ($202.30)BB_dont_cry posts the small blind of $1IHaveAStrong9 posts the big blind of $2The button is in seat #1*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to IHaveAStrong9 [Ad Ah]BB_dont_cry raises to $6IHaveAStrong9 raises to $18BB_dont_cry calls $10*** FLOP *** [7d 6s 8c]now what? lead and call a raise? check raise? bet fold?? check call? im really very confused on the course of this action, since this is the worst possible board i want to see.
it's not the best flop, but you are HU...so you can't be to fearful...you shouldn't have an issue here getting all in against pair + oesd, like 89...but i guess...say you bet, he raises..you decide he has 89. ok, that's fine. I guess just calling and betting out on anything other than a 5-8-9-T is fair enough.But i'd probably...lead and get it all in if he raises.- Jordan
I don't mind making the 3rd bet preflop here either. But as played I lead about $28 on the flop, and am prepared to get it all in.
i ended up check raising all in, and he instant called with 9 10. i felt really foolish until i hit a running full house haha. i still feel like this is a really difficult spot though, and probably should have led like a couple of you said.IHaveAStrong9 checksBB_dont_cry bets $25IHaveAStrong9 raises to $184.30, and is all inBB_dont_cry calls $136.60, and is all inIHaveAStrong9 shows [Ad Ah]BB_dont_cry shows [Th 9c]Uncalled bet of $24.70 returned to IHaveAStrong9*** TURN *** [7d 6s 8c] [Ac]*** RIVER *** [7d 6s 8c Ac] [8d]IHaveAStrong9 shows a full house, Aces full of EightsBB_dont_cry shows a straight, Ten highIHaveAStrong9 wins the pot ($354.70) with a full house, Aces full of EightsBB_dont_cry: lolBB_dont_cry is sitting out*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $355.20 | Rake $0.50Board: [7d 6s 8c Ac 8d]Seat 1: BB_dont_cry (small blind) showed [Th 9c] and lost with a straight, Ten highSeat 2: IHaveAStrong9 (big blind) showed [Ad Ah] and won ($354.70) with a full house, Aces full of Eights
this is so the right mindset to have
i was being sarcastic...i dont how stupid you have to be not to catch that.
i was being sarcastic...i dont how stupid you have to be not to catch that.
Don't you hate it when you're calling someone stupid but you can't even write a coherent sentence
But i'd probably...lead and get it all in if he raises.- Jordan
Jordan already said what I was going to say.Again, I play AA to the death a lot. But, it might be smart to shut down the action here with an all in. If villain's calling my 9x BB PF betting with something that hit this flop hard enough to beat me, I'm getting it back over time, should I happen to lose this hand.
Jordan already said what I was going to say.Again, I play AA to the death a lot. But, it might be smart to shut down the action here with an all in. If villain's calling my 9x BB PF betting with something that hit this flop hard enough to beat me, I'm getting it back over time, should I happen to lose this hand.
in heads up play, calling a 3 bet in position with something that hit this flop is not a bad play at all. depending on how agressive and how much 3 betting goes on, i usually often call a 3 bet in position with a marginal hand. all part of heads up. in a 6 max or 9 max table, often a 3 bet from the BB screams overpair or at worst AK AQ. but in heads up, it can mean a wide wide variety of things like suited connectors, small pairs, high cards, or overpairs, which is why i feel that often calling 3 bets heads up are not bad plays.