Phil Ivey Vs. Sbrugby 300 600 Nl

Well, ya... except when someone like JC Tran goes on a run like this. But generally speaking I completely agree.
Tran is on a sick run, yes. Look at the money this guy took off of Ivey just last night. Which is higher profit/hour played? As we all know tourney downswings are muuuuch worse usually than are cash game ones. The best players can go a LONG time between decent tourney scores. (though cash game downswings can be much more expensive...lol)

He's very good.He looked like a donkey on HSP the way he handles his chips.I felt bad for him, then realized those were $25K chips and stopped feeling bad for him.That is all

Ask yourself this...Would you rather be the best tournament player in the world for your lifetime? Have the fame and 10+ bracelets.orBe the best cash game player ever? Have made over $50 million+ plus in your career. But be a relative unknown to tv viewers. I'll take the best cash game player ever.

Ask yourself this...Would you rather be the best tournament player in the world for your lifetime? Have the fame and 10+ bracelets, AND BE ABLE TO DODGE BULLETSorBe the best cash game player ever? Have made over $50 million+ plus in your career. But be a relative unknown to tv viewers.
Now what's the answer?
Ask yourself this...Would you rather be the best tournament player in the world for your lifetime? Have the fame and 10+ bracelets.orBe the best cash game player ever? Have made over $50 million+ plus in your career. But be a relative unknown to tv viewers. I'll take the best cash game player ever.
you have to remember that if you were the tournament player you would also get 500k/year endorsements, so that's 15 million (30 year career) in addition to the 10 bracelet wins and tournament wins. so you'd end up making pretty close to the cash game player and you have the fame, add in the ability to dodge bullets and it's a pretty easy choice.
you have to remember that if you were the tournament player you would also get 500k/year endorsements, so that's 15 million (30 year career) in addition to the 10 bracelet wins and tournament wins. so you'd end up making pretty close to the cash game player and you have the fame, add in the ability to dodge bullets and it's a pretty easy choice.
JoeLOVE the videos...............BUT.........This is an absurd statement. I am waaaaaay to lazy to search, but DN himself recently talked how little endorsement money, if any, is out there for today's tournament pro.
JoeLOVE the videos...............BUT.........This is an absurd statement. I am waaaaaay to lazy to search, but DN himself recently talked how little endorsement money, if any, is out there for today's tournament pro.
wasn't there a post talking about how UB and Absolute are pulling endorsments and they were worth 500k? I could be making the whole thing up.
wasn't there a post talking about how UB and Absolute are pulling endorsments and they were worth 500k? I could be making the whole thing up.
that's where i pulled my number from.link to the post: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=96243link to the article: http://thepokerbiz.com/professional-poker-...muth-and-othersIn the article it said that the endorsement deals were worth upwards to 500k and i think they got extra for final table appearances etc...so if someone like mark seif could get a large figure, if you were this hypothetical number one tourney player, i'm sure you could get at least the 500k.
that's where i pulled my number from.link to the post: http://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...showtopic=96243link to the article: http://thepokerbiz.com/professional-poker-...muth-and-othersIn the article it said that the endorsement deals were worth upwards to 500k and i think they got extra for final table appearances etc...so if someone like mark seif could get a large figure, if you were this hypothetical number one tourney player, i'm sure you could get at least the 500k.
K...seriously...now I am getting off my lazy ash to see where DN's post is on this...I'm officially pissed at you Joe!
I read several posters in this thread, as well as past threads, totally confused as to how much money players make outside the game. There seems to be a belief amongst many people, that me, or Phil, or whoever makes "millions" from endorsements. Michael Jordan makes millions from endorsements. Wayne Gretzky makes millions from endorsements. Tiger Woods, he makes a few bucks from endorsements. Poker players have not quite broken the barrier in order to endorse products. Oakley dropped in for a minute to possibly do a deal with some of the players, but thought better of it. A few alcohol companies have done very small deals with poker players. A poker player in today's day and age can make significant money outside of poker only one way: Online Poker sponsorships. How much money do you think I got to do that Diet Pepsi commercial? How much money do you think either Howard or Phil have made from DVD sales? I promise you that the numbers you are thinking, and the actual numbers, would probably shock you.
K...so I may have been a little off..."perhaps" you can make 500k in endorsements via online sites, but in general my point is validated by DN here.
K...so I may have been a little off..."perhaps" you can make 500k in endorsements via online sites, but in general my point is validated by DN here.
i was totally shocked to see 500k too. it seems a bit much for what they do, but considering the profits these online sites make, i'm sure they can afford it.
I would definately rather be the unknown cash game player. Even if you made the same amount of money as the "tourney player", I don't need to feed my ego and be famous. I'd rather be rich and not hassled. Plus, an unknown big-winning cash game player can still sit in alot of games live and nobody will know who he is. The "tourney pro" would constantly be played at *insert Hellmuth rant* Look how many people on HSP had no idea who Brian was when he first started playing this year.Edit: Although, OBVIOUSLY, neither would suck.