The Buffalo Sabres Playoff Thread

The Islanders will take this series long and will surprise everyone...They can win this series..1-0 ISLES..WOOTTT

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DiPietro was capable of winning games by himself, maybe the US team would have stood half a chance in the Olympics. He won't make that much of an impact, certainly not enough to put his career on the line after two concussions in one week. Sabres in 4.
nice hand...2-0 Islanders and Dipietro made a HUGE save...Isles are looking good...Maybe next year Buffalo
lol... wait until Buffalo wakes up.
Why is everyone underestimating the Islanders...I would love to see NOLAN stick it to the Sabres...Dipietro is looking great, the series goes deep...sorry Nate but thats the truth...
Why is everyone underestimating the Islanders...I would love to see NOLAN stick it to the Sabres...Dipietro is looking great, the series goes deep...sorry Nate but thats the truth...
I only need the Islanders to win one. :club:

You think the Isles were the better team after the first fifteen minutes? Not a chance, this is why I said Buffalo in 5, because they had to take them completely for granted for one game (or part thereof), and now that that's happened, no more play time for the Sabres.

You think the Isles were the better team after the first fifteen minutes? Not a chance, this is why I said Buffalo in 5, because they had to take them completely for granted for one game (or part thereof), and now that that's happened, no more play time for the Sabres.
See previous post re: overconfidence.....
Predictions for this Islanders/Sabres series? I'd think Buffalo in five, six max. Anyone think the Isles have a (realistic) shot at upsetting the league's highest scoring team and President Cup winners?
The highest scoring team and president cup winners....... but you put "do you believe" in the original post sounds confident....I believe Jason Blake gets a hat trick tonight... 2-1 advantage for the isles
The highest scoring team and president cup winners....... but you put "do you believe" in the original post sounds confident....I believe Jason Blake gets a hat trick tonight... 2-1 advantage for the isles
I think you are right...Dipietro played unbeliavable on Saturday...If he plays solid the Isles can stay with this team...I dont see the Sabres going very far in the playoffs...I am not sold on Miller and they seem to be lacking the toughness that is required to win a Stanley Cup..
'Do You Believe' is their playoff slogan.
I think you are right...Dipietro played unbeliavable on Saturday...If he plays solid the Isles can stay with this team...I dont see the Sabres going very far in the playoffs...I am not sold on Miller and they seem to be lacking the toughness that is required to win a Stanley Cup..
You want to put money on the Islanders Serge?
You want to put money on the Islanders Serge?
with the correct odds yes..Obviously not at even money....
'Do You Believe' is their playoff slogan.
True. Also, the Leafs have a cool playoff slogan..... "Can We Play Through Your Foursome" Wicked..... (Sorry, I'm in a joking mood as I collected three of my preseason 'Leafs wont make the playoffs' bets yesterday!
total domination by the Islanders right now..Unfortunately no goals....
$25even oddsseries is tied and the Islanders are dominating
$25even oddsseries is tied and the Islanders are dominating
no..not fair...even odds...at least 4-1...its 1 vs 8
no..not fair...even odds...at least 4-1...its 1 vs 8
LMAO1 vs 8 means nothing. That's based on the regular season. This is a whole new season.at least 4-1 BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Islanders really are dominating. If the Sabres play like this consistently they could easily end up losing the series. That being said, I'd be more concerned if the Sabres were being physically dominated by the Isles, but they're not, they're simply being outworked.If the Sabres get their head out of their asses I still think they'll take three in a row, but I really didn't expect them to play so uninspired for so long. I predicted five games originaly because I thought that a one game let down would be inevitable, but I thought that game would come in Long Island in game three after they took the first two at home, and I thought after the loss they'd come out firing on all cylinders. I'm very surprised at how flat they came out this game, like Serge said they're lucky it's tied right now. Skill wise I still don't believe it's at all close, other than Dipietro v. Miller where I think the Isles have maybe a 10% edge.

Which is it Serge? Islanders domination or Buffalo 4-1 favorites?This isn't multiple guess, you either believe one or the other.
I obviously want the Islanders to win...But I am not betting them even money..by the way, I meant they were totally dominating the 1st period...As a Sabres fan you have to be worried at how flat the Sabres look...