What Exactly Does Nice Hand Mean?

So many people say it when they've lost a hand. I sometimes say it too. As i understand it, "nice hand" was the same as saying something like "good game" after a basketball match. I once said it while playing live after i won a hand, just as a sportsmanship thing, but then the guy next to me told me not to say that after i've won a hand...so i'm just really confused as to what it means.

So many people say it when they've lost a hand. I sometimes say it too. As i understand it, "nice hand" was the same as saying something like "good game" after a basketball match. I once said it while playing live after i won a hand, just as a sportsmanship thing, but then the guy next to me told me not to say that after i've won a hand...so i'm just really confused as to what it means.
it means **** you donkey how do you call with that ****?

Usually, it means that you just played your hand horribly, sucked out on someone, and they told you "Nice hand" so you'd think you played it great, continue to play that way, so next time, variance will right itself and seperate you from your chips.orYou played a hand nicely, ergo, Nice Hand.Or you used to be a hand model, and finally someone noticed that you do indeed, have nice hands.

it means **** you donkey how do you call with that ****?
QFT. Don't ever say nice hand as you rake in a guy's money. That would earn you a punch to the face from a lot of guys, especially if you sucked out to beat them.
It can either mean "Well played" or "I encourage you to keep making that stupid move". If you say it after you WIN a hand, you come across as a prick that's gloating and putting down your opposition for playing an inferior hand.Edit: I type slowly.
THen what are you supposed to say if you've sucked out on someone and won the hand? Sorry?
They're probably going to be a bit mad regardless. The majority of the time that somebody says 'sorry' in poker, they are not really sorry.

or you both have the same hand and split the pot that normaly ends with nice hand.

and what about when people knuckle the table or tap the table after a hand? does it mean nice hand as well?
It means that he wants to meet you in the bathroom during the break to give you the old knuckle shuffle on your piss pump.or well played, good hand, nice catch.I always hold out hope that it means the first, but I've missed many a hands coming back from a break late because they never show. I'd always give them the 'ol "What happened, I thought we were gonna jerk each other off in the third stall" stare, but usually, they just look confused and angered, usually call over the floor and ask to change tables.
It means that he wants to meet you in the bathroom during the break to give you the old knuckle shuffle on your piss pump.or well played, good hand, nice catch.I always hold out hope that it means the first, but I've missed many a hands coming back from a break late because they never show. I'd always give them the 'ol "What happened, I thought we were gonna jerk each other off in the third stall" stare, but usually, they just look confused and angered, usually call over the floor and ask to change tables.
You should try to make them laugh first, then when they're not looking unzip their pants.

I hate it most when a third party says it to someone who just sucked out on me.

It has a couple of different meanings. The one that actually ... well not annoys, but it kinda gets under my skin is when someone says NH when there was a 'pretty hand' (IE Quads or whatever) - I actually like to say it when some plays a hand well, but I could see it in the basketball analogy too.

people who say "nice hand" are *usually* losing players. One of the first real lessons you learn in poker is that you do not encourage your opponents. You dont compliment them, and you dont talk to them unless it is to gather information. Unless it is in a social environment where you are just pissing money around to friends.Anyhow, yeah like the post way above me. What the hell do you say when you suckout. Sorry? Thats why I dont say "nice hand" I have never said it. And I want to slap people in the face who say it at the table because it is very stupid.

Absolutely Hilarious!!!....nice hand sir, well played [patting the felt]
QFT. Don't ever say nice hand as you rake in a guy's money. That would earn you a punch to the face from a lot of guys, especially if you sucked out to beat them.
QFMFT
Anyhow, yeah like the post way above me. What the hell do you say when you suckout. Sorry? Thats why I dont say "nice hand" I have never said it. And I want to slap people in the face who say it at the table because it is very stupid.
Don't you just offer them a piece of pottery?lol
people who say "nice hand" are *usually* losing players. One of the first real lessons you learn in poker is that you do not encourage your opponents. You dont compliment them, and you dont talk to them unless it is to gather information. Unless it is in a social environment where you are just pissing money around to friends.Anyhow, yeah like the post way above me. What the hell do you say when you suckout. Sorry? Thats why I dont say "nice hand" I have never said it. And I want to slap people in the face who say it at the table because it is very stupid.
Right, what you're supposed to do is berate their play and make them leave or tighten up thereby ensuring you won't make any cash.What the hell are you talking about?? One of the first lessons you learn when you are trying to actually earn is to keep the fish happy. They hit a gutshot, you go 'nice'. The most frustrating guy at the table is the nit who berates bad play or doesn't socialize well. Talk to the fish, make them comfy, buy f'ing drinks.I'm a 1000% you either don't play live, and are an online tough guy, but even online rudeness drives fish away. And if you do play live I'm sure you're douchebagged out in your hat shades and ipods grinding out the 3/6.