What's The Lowest Limit...

This is not disimilar to my problem ie how to build bank roll : I think its clear if you want to actually make a reasonable profit 1/2 is the minimum but what if you dont like multi-tabling I play a max of 2 tables as i feel your standard of play vastly decreases if you play more or at least mine does , I think the place you should start out at is 25/50 cent minimum surely at least this way you can raise and people actually fold at 1/2 cent you may as well fold AA as its going to get cracked 7 times out of ten in a 8 way pot. By the way I think 5/10 is the minimum to make a living at poker and you have to be an astute player as well with a bank roll of at least 10 k.

This is not disimilar to my problem ie how to build bank roll : I think its clear if you want to actually make a reasonable profit 1/2 is the minimum but what if you dont like multi-tabling I play a max of 2 tables as i feel your standard of play vastly decreases if you play more or at least mine does , I think the place you should start out at is 25/50 cent minimum surely at least this way you can raise and people actually fold at 1/2 cent you may as well fold AA as its going to get cracked 7 times out of ten in a 8 way pot. By the way I think 5/10 is the minimum to make a living at poker and you have to be an astute player as well with a bank roll of at least 10 k.
Man, Taffer is actually using lowercase letters! No one will EVER believe me!
By the way I think 5/10 is the minimum to make a living at poker and you have to be an astute player as well with a bank roll of at least 10 k.
Trying to make a living with only 10 buyins is not a great idea.

multitabling low stakes NL and PL games is just about the hardest thing a poker player can do. its just straight up nut peddling which becomes and intense grind. and to add to that is its just not natural. if youve come from a live game background like I have (and you said you did in the OP) it doesnt make sense at first.. you see so many hands and so many different players in a short period of time, and imo it reduces your quality of play in the long run (unless of course you only play online and will always only play online). I would much rather two table lower stakes limit O8, maiunly because if you just play hands for the nuts youll have a huge winrate. i can go through a 5 hour session two tabling LO8, with the same players online everyday, only playing suited aces and A2 and still have a 30% roi. People just dont seem to catch on. I guess basically .. my advice is.. learn all the games or youll go nowhere at micro stakes.

the key here is NOT multi tabling. Micro limits from .05/.10 all the way to .50/1.00 are very beatable if you aren't just playing your cards and trusting reads and studying your opponents betting patterns. If you play only one table (2 max), then micros are very exploitable. I have won 10X even 20X my buy in on many occasions just picking off blinds and playing abc poker and having a big hand or 2 hold up over the course of the session. Multi tabling is only going to induce you to play 'robot' ABC poker and in that case there is no way it would be profitable....BUT I truly believe for a solid player who is being patient and zoned in on his opponents tendencies....you can make a 'living'. Even at the .25/.50 level $20.00 an hour is not inconceivable and provided you aren't calling off your entire stack with flush draws, just playing small pot poker at these levels are like fishing with dynamite. As I type this I turned $25.00 on a .25/.50 table into $190.00 and I have been playing a little over 90 minutes without ever getting into a big coin flip confrontation. The players any lower than 2/4 are pretty much terrible and easily dominated...but again if you are multi tabling any limit you are going to lose any edge you have in making reads....just my opinion, but Ive been very successful just playing a smart LaGG game at low limits.

That is a good point Trinity but as we all know there are these freakish where you get continuously outdrawn for a period of time( usually on the river) which effects your mood and play ( tiltsie wiltsie) and albeit you turned 25 into 190 whicis quite easy to do in a good session I guarantee you could play the same good poker in another session and lose 5 buy ins from bad luck which means your over all profit margin will be small. But if you play at lets say 2/4 your profit will be more substantial with a lower profit loss ratio hence why its not really worth playing lower limits. also I really think having a big bankroll is the key so you can comfortably ride those rough times.