Anyone Scared Of Winning A Seat?

I don't post on here much but just had a question that has been bugging me and I want to see what you all think. There is a lot of chaos going on with poker and the law. Online sites have been shut down in America and a few remain. Now my question is this.........Is anyone here paranoid that if you win your seat to the WSOP main event through Poker Stars and end up winning or placing real high and getting paid 1 million or more dollars, that the government will come after you? I mean think about it, if all these sites got scared and cut off all American players then obviously they are scared of something. What if they come and arrest you for illegaly winning your seat to the WSOP since you won through an online poker site which you were not allowed to do. I'm not going into too much detail on all this but that was the main point I wanted to make which is why if I play this year I will be going over there to try to win my seat not through online. I don't want to get fvcked over if I actually end up winning a nice amount. What is everyones thoughts on this matter?

Nope, I have already won a seat to a prelim event. Winning a seat to an event and actually playing in the event aren't linked by anything that I know of. Harrah's doesn't allow "Third Party" buyin's so I have to give Harrah's the cash to enter the event. How I got there isn't anyone's concern or is it illegal so NO I am not worried in the least.

playing online poker isn't illegal
I think there are actually 2 states where it is. So as long as your not from there, you got nothing to worry about.Slightly off topic: I use cable so how can the Wire Act apply to me if I'm not using phone lines to place my wagers?
Slightly off topic: I use cable so how can the Wire Act apply to me if I'm not using phone lines to place my wagers?
Well that's why it is the "wire act" and not the "phone line" act. Cable transmits data over wires. Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both
I think there are actually 2 states where it is. So as long as your not from there, you got nothing to worry about.Slightly off topic: I use cable so how can the Wire Act apply to me if I'm not using phone lines to place my wagers?
I don't think the government really cares so long as they get their cut of your winnings. Pay your taxes on your winnings and they'll leave you alone.
playing online poker isn't illegal
I think there are actually 2 states where it is. So as long as your not from there, you got nothing to worry about.
This is your answer./thread
Anyone who wins a seat and is afraid to claim it should just transfer it to me. I'll give you half of what I win.
Transfer the seat to me. I will give you 75% of what I win1.Cheers,Merby1Net winnings, after taxes, travel and miscellaneous2 expenses.2Includes, but is not limited to, food, lodgings, *adult entertainment*, cash games bankroll during trip, new car and house.
Well that's why it is the "wire act" and not the "phone line" act. Cable transmits data over wires. Whoever being engaged in the business of betting or wagering knowingly uses a wire communication facility for the transmission in interstate or foreign commerce of bets or wagers or information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers on any sporting event or contest, or for the transmission of a wire communication which entitles the recipient to receive money or credit as a result of bets or wagers, or for information assisting in the placing of bets or wagers, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than two years, or both
Technically, I'm wireless. Think that will help me in court ?
I don't post on here much but just had a question that has been bugging me and I want to see what you all think. There is a lot of chaos going on with poker and the law. Online sites have been shut down in America and a few remain. Now my question is this.........Is anyone here paranoid that if you win your seat to the WSOP main event through Poker Stars and end up winning or placing real high and getting paid 1 million or more dollars, that the government will come after you? I mean think about it, if all these sites got scared and cut off all American players then obviously they are scared of something. What if they come and arrest you for illegaly winning your seat to the WSOP since you won through an online poker site which you were not allowed to do. I'm not going into too much detail on all this but that was the main point I wanted to make which is why if I play this year I will be going over there to try to win my seat not through online. I don't want to get fvcked over if I actually end up winning a nice amount. What is everyones thoughts on this matter?
Stop smoking crack. You'll be alright. Worry about it when you've collapsed this conditional statement: IF, then _____. Win the seat, worry later. Honestly they should raise the age requirements for poker and life management. Stay in your crib until you gain the requisite skills to put yourself out there.