Official Miami Dolphins 2007-2008 Thread

finally a sound decision. Chambers is aging and never quite lived up to being a #1 WR. Getting a 2nd for him is good value and they need all the first day picks they can get.too bad Jason Taylor has little value. last summer they could have gotten a first for him I bet from someone desperate for a pass rush.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

finally a sound decision. Chambers is aging and never quite lived up to being a #1 WR. Getting a 2nd for him is good value and they need all the first day picks they can get.too bad Jason Taylor has little value. last summer they could have gotten a first for him I bet from someone desperate for a pass rush.
I sort of disagree. He represented a deep threat, someone you might have to roll coverage to, or at the very least respect, and most likely, it will be a late 2nd round pick. The drafted him in the 2nd, so it's not horrible, but they could've done better. Money cutting move if you ask me.
A punt returner?
Cam Cameron will be shot and killed within the hour if he pulls that shit again. Im not too familiar with the 'Fins, but a safe pick would be Glenn Dorsey, the DT from LSU. He'll be good.
Cam Cameron will be shot and killed within the hour if he pulls that shit again. Im not too familiar with the 'Fins, but a safe pick would be Glenn Dorsey, the DT from LSU. He'll be good.
agreed Dorsey is the obvious pick. they need D-line youth and he is a monster.this is pathetic. i had tickets to today's game but could not go because my puppy got really sick and we had to go to the vet.I should probably be thanking the pug profusely for helping me avoid this.

We are actually well along in the rebuilding process.We run on everybody due to an offensive line that is damn good. They sucked last year...but it seems that they have found the nucleus of a GREAT O-Line. Hadnot/Satele/Carey are the must keeps. Ronnie Brown is a superstar. He will be back from this ACL tear. I am privy to what it was and it was a clean tear and he will be back for training camp.So they have a Runningback and an Offensive Line. I think Ginn will be good. His speed is obvious and he gets deep on everybody...problem is that we haven't had a QB to hit him on a route.So to recap...you got an O-Line, a RB, and a depp threat. if beck is good...we have an offense. The Defense needs an overhaul...keep 3 to 5 guys and junk the rest. That can be done in one offseason.We can compete next year with a GREAT offseason. We have 31.4 million in Cap Space and alot of draft picks. We will be okay.On the bright side...we might have exposed the Patriots run defense. We run it well and had a top 5 Runningback, so it doesn't apply to the rest of the league...BUT...I think that a weakness has been found. Teams can run on the Patriots.

We can compete next year with a GREAT offseason. We have 31.4 million in Cap Space and alot of draft picks. We will be okay.On the bright side...we might have exposed the Patriots run defense. We run it well and had a top 5 Runningback, so it doesn't apply to the rest of the league...BUT...I think that a weakness has been found. Teams can run on the Patriots.
It's hard to run on them when your playing 14 points behind most the time.As far as the Dolphins, I think Beck will end up being decent if they don't rush him into a bad situation. I wouldn't let him play this year, just learn while the beatings are taking place and be ready for next season.
We are actually well along in the rebuilding process.We run on everybody due to an offensive line that is damn good. They sucked last year...but it seems that they have found the nucleus of a GREAT O-Line. Hadnot/Satele/Carey are the must keeps. Ronnie Brown is a superstar. He will be back from this ACL tear. I am privy to what it was and it was a clean tear and he will be back for training camp.So they have a Runningback and an Offensive Line. I think Ginn will be good. His speed is obvious and he gets deep on everybody...problem is that we haven't had a QB to hit him on a route.So to recap...you got an O-Line, a RB, and a depp threat. if beck is good...we have an offense. The Defense needs an overhaul...keep 3 to 5 guys and junk the rest. That can be done in one offseason.We can compete next year with a GREAT offseason. We have 31.4 million in Cap Space and alot of draft picks. We will be okay.On the bright side...we might have exposed the Patriots run defense. We run it well and had a top 5 Runningback, so it doesn't apply to the rest of the league...BUT...I think that a weakness has been found. Teams can run on the Patriots.
I totally agree about Brown and the O-Line. Fin Fans should take solace in that.however, they need at least two good drafts to fix the passing game and more pressingly, the defense.they are just garbage talent wise on the D-Line (other than Taylor and maybe Roth) and their secondary is a debacle (not one above average starter is on the roster. They have a bunch of dime safeties and nickel corners. its embarassing. this is why they should have taken Leon Hall not Ted Ginn. but I digress.)they could be good on offense next year Beck willing. they need two good drafts to get back to good on defense. at least.
I totally agree about Brown and the O-Line. Fin Fans should take solace in that.however, they need at least two good drafts to fix the passing game and more pressingly, the defense.they are just garbage talent wise on the D-Line (other than Taylor and maybe Roth) and their secondary is a debacle (not one above average starter is on the roster. They have a bunch of dime safeties and nickel corners. its embarassing. this is why they should have taken Leon Hall not Ted Ginn. but I digress.)they could be good on offense next year Beck willing. they need two good drafts to get back to good on defense. at least.
I disagree. One GREAT Offseason on the defense is enough. The Dolphins themselves did it when Jimmy Johnson came in...and he didn;t go into Free Agency either.An Infusion at key positions is enough to fix this defense. Sign a CB in FA, Draft one, use the #1 on a Run Stopping DT...and bring in low priced depth that can play. Voila...respectable defense again.
I disagree. One GREAT Offseason on the defense is enough. The Dolphins themselves did it when Jimmy Johnson came in...and he didn;t go into Free Agency either.An Infusion at key positions is enough to fix this defense. Sign a CB in FA, Draft one, use the #1 on a Run Stopping DT...and bring in low priced depth that can play. Voila...respectable defense again.
ok well I sort of agree then. if we are talking a jimmy johnson type draft. remember he got Madison Surtain, Thomas, and Taylor all in a two year span all after the first round. honestly, I would be blown away if the current front office nailed one guy after the first round like that.Cant JJ be a draft consultant? totally worth it.....edit: will a premier corner/safety be available this offseason??
ok well I sort of agree then. if we are talking a jimmy johnson type draft. remember he got Madison Surtain, Thomas, and Taylor all in a two year span all after the first round. honestly, I would be blown away if the current front office nailed one guy after the first round like that.Cant JJ be a draft consultant? totally worth it.....edit: will a premier corner/safety be available this offseason??
Yes...I like Marcus Trufant. He will be out there..and he is very underrated.
As far as the Dolphins, I think Beck will end up being decent if they don't rush him into a bad situation. I wouldn't let him play this year, just learn while the beatings are taking place and be ready for next season.
he has to play this year. We have to see what he has so we don't pass on a franchise type QB in Brohm.As far as the draft, I just don't drafts like the ones Johnson had are going to happen anymore. The draft and the research behind it is now a huge, full time deal. It wasn't when Johnson was going to town with Dallas and then the Phins. We need everything. They are just too hard to watch. I think if Beck looks decent at all in practice, and I've heard he does, he has to start playing. Usually, teams wait for their bye week to get the guy two weeks worth of 1st team reps, so look for Beck to start the next Phins game. Lemon has shown to be an ok No 2, but he ain't the long term franchise savor. Let Beck earn his keep.
Waiting for that Beck announcement, patiently
Cam Cameron has not shown me he knows one god damn thing about coaching a football team. He had a disastrous offseason and he cost them the only winnable games they had this year (Jets, Texans, Skins) with either cowardly game management or bad play calls.Honestly, so far his performance has been about as bad as his name. (Did his parents lose a bet??)I expect to see Cleo Lemon against the Bills because our entire front office from Huizenga down is staffed by morons. And I cant wait to watch us blow next year's draft. Yeah I'm bitter.
Cam Cameron has not shown me he knows one god damn thing about coaching a football team. He had a disastrous offseason and he cost them the only winnable games they had this year (Jets, Texans, Skins) with either cowardly game management or bad play calls.Honestly, so far his performance has been about as bad as his name. (Did his parents lose a bet??)I expect to see Cleo Lemon against the Bills because our entire front office from Huizenga down is staffed by morons. And I cant wait to watch us blow next year's draft. Yeah I'm bitter.
Oh lord.Cam Cameron took what was a pathetic Offense and made it a top 10 one. Ronnie Brown also was leading the league in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt. So I would say that Cameron knows Offense. This season went in the toilet when they let go of all their depth on defense and didn;t upgrade the secondary.Cameron is hardly "cowardly". What made him a "coward" in your eyes? He goes for it on 4th down more than any other coach in the league.You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.The Defense WAS Filet Mignon. It is a steaming pile of dung NOW. When your defense stinks...you have no chance. You couple that with turnovers....voila...0-8.
Oh lord.Cam Cameron took what was a pathetic Offense and made it a top 10 one. Ronnie Brown also was leading the league in yards from scrimmage when he got hurt. So I would say that Cameron knows Offense. This season went in the toilet when they let go of all their depth on defense and didn;t upgrade the secondary.Cameron is hardly "cowardly". What made him a "coward" in your eyes? He goes for it on 4th down more than any other coach in the league.You can't make chicken salad out of chicken shit.The Defense WAS Filet Mignon. It is a steaming pile of dung NOW. When your defense stinks...you have no chance. You couple that with turnovers....voila...0-8.
I tend to agree with Fredo. I think he's made plenty of ballsy 4th down calls, that were facilitated by having an oh-fer record and not playing for anything but a win that day. I've got no beef with the offense, even though I think they've gotten conservative recently. But again, can't make cookies out of poop. Not good cookies at least.
I need an honest opinion on Math Roth.. Good player? Adequate? Perrenial backup/3rd down guy? I don't get to see(or bear to watch) many Miami games.
adequate this year. Not the game changer he was at Iowa, but he works hard and has a good motor. steady, not fantastic
I need an honest opinion on Math Roth.. Good player? Adequate? Perrenial backup/3rd down guy? I don't get to see(or bear to watch) many Miami games.
he could someday be a very solid starter. thats about it though.....