High Stakes Poker Ettiquette?

Hi,No one probably knows the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway...What do you suppose is the tipping ettiquette for really high stakes poker?normally you throw the dealer a couple of chips after you win a pot or whatever, but I cant believe these guys really throw these dealers a 500 dollar chip after winning however-much.Also, for the like 2000 4000 dollar games, what do you suppose the rake is like?Do you think they actually rake it, or do you think the players like pay a flat rate (say each puts in 200 dollars for 8 hours or something?)

Hi,No one probably knows the answer to this, but I'm going to ask anyway...What do you suppose is the tipping ettiquette for really high stakes poker?normally you throw the dealer a couple of chips after you win a pot or whatever, but I cant believe these guys really throw these dealers a 500 dollar chip after winning however-much.Also, for the like 2000 4000 dollar games, what do you suppose the rake is like?Do you think they actually rake it, or do you think the players like pay a flat rate (say each puts in 200 dollars for 8 hours or something?)
The players in the big games pay time to my knowledge, an insignificant amount like $10/half hour/player or so, and I believe this is taken out of a time pot. As far as tipping, I think they normally tip in the neighborhood of $5 after hands, if you are truly interested I'd read some of Linda, a dealer at the Bellagio's blogs at tabletango.com (i think this is the site)
The players in the big games pay time to my knowledge, an insignificant amount like $10/half hour/player or so, and I believe this is taken out of a time pot. As far as tipping, I think they normally tip in the neighborhood of $5 after hands, if you are truly interested I'd read some of Linda, a dealer at the Bellagio's blogs at tabletango.com (i think this is the site)
I love reading Linda's blog.http://table-tango.pokerworks.com/

I think I recall in a older episode of HSP when Barry Greenstein moved all in and someone asked him how much it was and they questioned a stack he had and said that they were nickles for tipping. So I guess that answers one of your questions

Well I go to the Borgata about once a month and I always talk to the dealers about this. They almost all say that they'd rather deal the $1/$2 game than the big games cause people there are the worst tippers. This one dealer specifically told me that Barry Greenstein and Phil Ivey don't even tip sometimes.
I think I recall in a older episode of HSP when Barry Greenstein moved all in and someone asked him how much it was and they questioned a stack he had and said that they were nickles for tipping. So I guess that answers one of your questions
what are nickels in high stakes terms? I remember some player talking about a side bet made with dimes and i'm assuming that dimes are $1000, but that would make a nickel $500...so they don't get tipped that. Maybe dimes are $100, and nickels are $50?
what are nickels in high stakes terms? I remember some player talking about a side bet made with dimes and i'm assuming that dimes are $1000, but that would make a nickel $500...so they don't get tipped that. Maybe dimes are $100, and nickels are $50?
when they tip a nickel it's $5, sometimes on HSP you can see them drag a pot and reach into a stack of red chips and toss the dealer one or two.