What % Of Winnings Do You Keep For Your Br?

I'm just curious as I'm having to rebuild my br what percent of winnings do you keep for yourself to spend and the other to keep as building your roll? I'm having to start off as pretty much as low as possible to re build and all obviously all of it will go towards building it up. Let's say you win 5k in a MTT and have a descent size online what percent if any would you take out? As I've never really heard this discussed before?

As of right now I keep all of it, but thats because I finally cashed out enough to have as savings to pay bills and use as recreational money. Now I no longer need to cash anything out, so I'm saving it all to increase my Br and hopefully move up in limits.I use to cash out 25% and keep 75% for my bankroll if that helps at all though.If you cash in a nice multi tourney for 1000. Take out the 250 and you'll still have the 750, worked out well for me. Good Luck

Well I'm working part time now, but I would like to eventually just play poker as I'm in college and dont have many bills. So right now everything will be going towards building a good size br. But I just never really have read anything on this topic and was curious to what others do. So in the beginning, all of it should go towards your roll, and maybe once you have a semi-secure roll 15-25% maybe could go towards recreation/bills.

I work full-time and poker is a mixture of recreation and part-time income. I used to cash out 50% of my profits at the end of the month and carry over the other 50%. This way I had a little extra cash for bills, yet continued to slowly build my roll from month to month. I've since changed this after moving to Stars. 100% of my profits stay in and my only goal is to build my bankroll high enough to increase limits to $100 NL. Once I hit this and am clearing over $1k a month, I'll plan to take out maybe $200-$400 a month to pay off some bills. I figure this will allow me to keep increasing my BR at a healthy rate and finally be able to start chipping away at some of my debt again. I highly doubt I'll ever want to play poker full-time and dump my 9-5, but I do think it's very likely that poker will eventually provide the extra income to create a comfortable life style for my family and me. Of course my goal is to play well beyond $100 NL, but that's still going to be a ways down the road.

Pretty much most of it, I take out a little bit to pay the bills, which really aren't that bad compared to most peoples. In state tuition is like 14k, the school covers half of that because of my GPA. So 7k/year out of my yearly BR of like 40k. I move up whenever I can maintain a fairly low ROR, although my ROR requirements are very liberal. Not interested in making less than 100k from poker. It's either busto or robusto in my eyes, I can fall back on my CS degree if I **** up. I guess it largely depends on your motivations and where exactly you want to go.Those neteller ****s still owe me 25k, that hurt :club:

several months ago, i kept all of it.now i withdraw basically everything above and beyond the set balance.I play 5/10 to 15/30 primarily and ideally i'd keep the balance at about 10k, but i have it on multiple sites - and a lot of the money is tied up in rakeback owed or player points that havent yet been redeemed for cash. The rb and points (on average) equal roughly 5k in reserves that i cant touch. what makes it more difficult is that now that i dont have neteller any more (just pulled out of canada), i have to treat each account as being somewhat more independent since i cant ship the money back and forth. Because of that, i keep my online balance closer to 20k.

not enough, as my current bankroll is probably 15% of my total profit from the past year or so. life is a big ****in rake, especially when poker is your only source of income.

Make sure you have 300 BB for whatever game you're playing...when you get more, move up in limits or cash it out. I do both, since I'm not in any big hurry...slow and steady! Drop below 300 BB, scale back a notch to a smaller game until you're back up again. Do it like this and you'll never lose it. I built my bankroll with a minimum deposit on one site...with common sense and discipline, that's all you need.

Pretty much most of it, I take out a little bit to pay the bills, which really aren't that bad compared to most peoples. In state tuition is like 14k, the school covers half of that because of my GPA. So 7k/year out of my yearly BR of like 40k. I move up whenever I can maintain a fairly low ROR, although my ROR requirements are very liberal. Not interested in making less than 100k from poker. It's either busto or robusto in my eyes, I can fall back on my CS degree if I **** up. I guess it largely depends on your motivations and where exactly you want to go.Those neteller ****s still owe me 25k, that hurt :club:
Awesome, keep it up! Curious, what game are you in and what are you making per hour?

I keep about 10% of my lifetime profit online because I always have s*** to pay for. I also need to cash out checks to show certain people that my time spent playing poker is actually getting me something.